Thread: EB 832 Voltage warning / EB 832 Voltage error

New User

EB 832 Voltage warning / EB 832 Voltage error

I have been having my fusion dashboard give me a yellow warning of voltage warning and then it goes red to saying voltage error. Wondering if anyone else having this problem at all or if I am overloading the EB 832? I wouldn't think I am and for example right now it says 62 watts 1 amp and 111 Volts being used. I have 2 AI Prime lights, a skimmer, return pump, reactor, heater and a fuge light. Even if I shut some of these off or move one of the plugs to another outlet it doesn't change this until later when the lights go to dusk mode. Just wanted to see if anyone has information or have solved this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Chad

Consider the Volts reading and any warning to be just informational. A low reading at times is probably not anything to be overly concerned about. In most cases it means that the voltage coming into your house is low.

I can't tell where you are because you put something meaningless for Location in your forum user profile

But if you are in an area which gets hot during these summer days and there's a lot of air conditioning being used, putting a heavy load on the electrical grid, it is normal to see the voltage be a bit lower than usual. I'm seeing this almost every afternoon here in California.

BTW, having a rough idea of where a forum user is located has much value at times for those of us who assist here in this forum. That's the purpose of the Location field, which doesn't need to be filled in with anything too specific; a general idea of your location with things like time zone, state, and/or country, etc can be very helpful though.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Also, ya might want to update the equipment sections in your profile too
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thank you all for the help with this. (Although I have not seen the section to update where I am from I will make sure to get in there and add this so people can see I am in Indiana)!! I will have to try the update to the equipment section and see if that works. When I started this new base up this weekend, I did all the steps as far as getting the firmware updated and all the calibrations etc... I do find it weird that this happens at the same time each day...between 3pm to about 6-7 pm and then its fine again. The only thing that is drawing more power at that time are the lights but it didn't change when I took one of them and plugged into a different outlet (not the apex). I will try some of the suggestions and see if this helps at all and thank you all again for the help.

New User

I've had same issue

Quote Originally Posted by tlisby3 View Post
    Thank you all for the help with this. (Although I have not seen the section to update where I am from I will make sure to get in there and add this so people can see I am in Indiana)!! I will have to try the update to the equipment section and see if that works. When I started this new base up this weekend, I did all the steps as far as getting the firmware updated and all the calibrations etc... I do find it weird that this happens at the same time each day...between 3pm to about 6-7 pm and then its fine again. The only thing that is drawing more power at that time are the lights but it didn't change when I took one of them and plugged into a different outlet (not the apex). I will try some of the suggestions and see if this helps at all and thank you all again for the help.
    It moast likely is the power coming into ur house mine was doing the same thing and I measured the volts coming in to my house and found that it was the same amount eb was showing so I was reading that power companies are allowed a certain margin of drop if ur sure it's not somthing in ur house call the power company they might be able to help u out they did for me but I only had 102 volts coming in at times hope this helps

The voltage sag at those times is not due to anything you are doing - it's probably because so many households are running A/C, cooking, etc.

New User
    I had a power outage earlier today and now the eb8 has power. All the probes are monitoring but nothing has power. I have updated the system, pressed the reset button, unplugged the system waited and then plugged back in, I have un plugged everything from the eb8 and still no results. Temp is steady dropping and don't want my things to die. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by 798pride View Post
    I had a power outage earlier today and now the eb8 has power. All the probes are monitoring but nothing has power. I have updated the system, pressed the reset button, unplugged the system waited and then plugged back in, I have un plugged everything from the eb8 and still no results. Temp is steady dropping and don't want my things to die. Please help
    Put your critical equipment (heater, light, and circulation pumps) on something else (power strip, timer, heater controller if not built in) until you can sort the energy bar out. Create a ticket as soon as you can and while you are waiting, copy your code to a word document in case you lose it. There are a few things you can try including updating the module firmware, deleting the eb8 and adding it back and reprogramming while you wait for support. It's reasonably likely that it's a hardware problem and needs to be repaired/replaced.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    interesting, i am in the tampa fl area of the USA and my house has solar electric panels. during the day i am on solar and my voltage should be very stable.
    but the eb832 has shown a few times now that the line voltage is hitting 110 and that seems to trigger the warning.
    will have to see if my solar panels have a dip at the same time that matches this ....

NSI Member
    I'm in Tampa also, but on Tampa Electric. I have several UPS systems in my home, they show 121 or 120 volts. I have two 832's and they each show a different voltage. Is there a way to 'calibrate' the voltage probe like you can the AMPS on the EB8's?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal7887 View Post
    I'm in Tampa also, but on Tampa Electric. I have several UPS systems in my home, they show 121 or 120 volts. I have two 832's and they each show a different voltage. Is there a way to 'calibrate' the voltage probe like you can the AMPS on the EB8's?
    i have not seen one, i am not sure that is possible .... also not that getting 120 on one UPS and 121 on anther does not mean they are wrong at all.
    AC power in general is really like a range of 110 to 130 and *ANY* voltage inside that range can happen. we want ideally to get 115 to 120 but spikes and sags happen due to the overall power grid and the weather.

the best thing is to get a big high end UPS that fully isolates our gear but that getss very costly if you want battery runtime and power filtering

NSI Member
    I understand that it's completely normal for voltage to fluctuate some. However, If I plug two UPS's into the same outlet with nothing plugged into them they both show 121 volts. But when I plug the 832's into the same outlet, with nothing plugged into them One shows 115 volts the other shows 118 volts. DMM shows 121 volts, I am suggesting that the voltage coming in is not the issue in this case rather the voltage displayed via 832's themselves.