Thread: Need help with PAR Monitoring

New User

Need help with PAR Monitoring

I connected my new PMK PAR Monitoring Kit today. All went well at first with connection and it being seen by my Apex. Moved the PAR tile to my dashboard but was getting 0 par readings. Disconnected the aqua bus cable and reconnected a couple times and did the same with the PAR sensor cable. Went back to my dashboard to check and the PAR tile had disappeared. Went back to display and deleated the ASM and then reinstalled. Still no tile on my fusion dashboard!!!!!
    HELP!!!!

New User
    I have same problem. I don't see any info about this product Evan in internet. Don't know par average. did you get problem resolve ?

Frequent Visitor
    In dashboard, click the lock icon on the upper right, and this will reveal a new top frame that includes all your hidden tiles. Make sure it is not in there. You can also go to Classic (via IP address) and check the main dashboard, which includes everything.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos View Post
    Don't know par average.
    There are plenty of references on the internet regarding suggested PAR values. It is not a clear number like the other variables, such as temp or pH or conductivity. It is far more subjective, more so than ORP. It is very dependent on several factors, including coral specimens and coloration specific, length of your photoperiod, how you ramp the photoperiod, how much food is available to your corals, etc. It is even more complicated in that many people do not agree on what PAR should be if all other factors could even be controlled. You really just need to determine where you are to day and then note the coloration on your corals and adjust the lighting (gradually) to try and identify what works best for your tank.

I don't know the policies on this forum in regards to providing links to other forums, but if you just do a Google Search on the term "Reef Aquarium PAR" there will be no shortage of articles, topics, discussions and debates on the issue.

One of my favorite online vendors, Vivid Aquariums, provides suggested PAR for their corals. They are generally lower than what is stated by other vendors but they actively feed their corals and run longer photo periods. I would suggest starting with these values and then gradually move up to find a sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post

I don't know the policies on this forum in regards to providing links to other forums, but if you just do a Google Search on the term "Reef Aquarium PAR" there will be no shortage
    Links to other forums are welcome.