Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Apex lost cinnection: local and fusion

Frequent Visitor
    @slibby12:
    when you login to fusion your apex SN is shown in the list of Apex or go to Summary from top left menu. IF on local ip you can go to 'about'

Frequent Visitor
    6/22 pre ordered Apex shipped
    Setup and configured, running well for roughly 3 weeks

7/19 started this forum thread with my opening post:

“I was running fine for nearly 2 weeks on AOS B and prior firmware. Only disconnects I saw were the nightly restart of my wifi and Apex reconnected great every night. Then 2 days ago, when I Local access was giving me only a background/header empty page.

I updated to AOS D on Sunday (2 days ago) and today I have exact same issue as others posted of:

1. Local access: gone - no reply from IP
    2. Fusion gives error no connection
    3. Checked my wifi router and Apex is not even trying to connect.”

7/19 – 9/30
    multiple contacts with support, multiple changes in firmware, never anything that had my unit stable for more than 24hours. Sometimes unit would self-restart but most of the time unit was non responsive.

9/23 give or take a few days: unit goes non responsive and is no longer able to connect to wifi at all. On Ethernet unit is goofy slow and cond probe reading is low

9/30
    New RMA’ed unit replaced old unit AC5:_1607
    Instantly fixed all issues: WIFI works solid, Cond prob correct.

10/3
    I plugged back in old unit to very cond prob readings. Completely reproduced the low cond 31 reading on old unit while new unit shows stable 35. Noted that the calibration offset on both units is the same.

10/4
    Apex has remained accessible throughout with exception of when I unplugged it to replicate issues of old unit on 10/3

Observation: after having a stable Apex for a few days I am starting to feel why these units are so well liked. I’m still a bit shocked support allowed my case to go on for 2+ months. Usual caution with hindsight as I did not insist on a replacement prior to 9/23 too however my concerns on how this overall situation was managed stands.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkycosmos View Post
    6/22 pre ordered Apex shipped
    Setup and configured, running well for roughly 3 weeks

7/19 started this forum thread with my opening post:

“I was running fine for nearly 2 weeks on AOS B and prior firmware. Only disconnects I saw were the nightly restart of my wifi and Apex reconnected great every night. Then 2 days ago, when I Local access was giving me only a background/header empty page.

I updated to AOS D on Sunday (2 days ago) and today I have exact same issue as others posted of:

1. Local access: gone - no reply from IP
    2. Fusion gives error no connection
    3. Checked my wifi router and Apex is not even trying to connect.”

7/19 – 9/30
    multiple contacts with support, multiple changes in firmware, never anything that had my unit stable for more than 24hours. Sometimes unit would self-restart but most of the time unit was non responsive.

9/23 give or take a few days: unit goes non responsive and is no longer able to connect to wifi at all. On Ethernet unit is goofy slow and cond probe reading is low

9/30
    New RMA’ed unit replaced old unit AC5:_1607
    Instantly fixed all issues: WIFI works solid, Cond prob correct.

10/3
    I plugged back in old unit to very cond prob readings. Completely reproduced the low cond 31 reading on old unit while new unit shows stable 35. Noted that the calibration offset on both units is the same.

10/4
    Apex has remained accessible throughout with exception of when I unplugged it to replicate issues of old unit on 10/3

Observation: after having a stable Apex for a few days I am starting to feel why these units are so well liked. I’m still a bit shocked support allowed my case to go on for 2+ months. Usual caution with hindsight as I did not insist on a replacement prior to 9/23 too however my concerns on how this overall situation was managed stands.
    Good stuff. Thanks for the update. May have to push them for them for a replacement soon. We'll see....

Regular Vistor
    Latest upgrade is better but problem still isn't fixed yet.

I still need to manually restart the controller once or twice a week. Used to be once a day or once every two days, so the latest firmware is a little better but I still wouldn't call this thing stable yet

Regular Vistor
    I still have to manuall restart this thing about once a week.

It's better than it used to be (once a day), but still not acceptable

Frequent Visitor
    So I undated to 5.00_AC16 about three weeks ago and it fixed everything. I have a completely stable set up. Now keep in mind I have a wired connection, but knowing that all those months of connection issues were fixed by an update is frustrating. If You have a wired connection I would update to 5.00_AC16. If that does not fix the issue I would call Neptune make an appointment and have them check your system. There is a fix and it's on them to find it. When the apex is stable it is awesome, but if it shuts down all the time it is borderline worthless.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sppf121 View Post
    So I undated to 5.00_AC16 about three weeks ago and it fixed everything. I have a completely stable set up. Now keep in mind I have a wired connection, but knowing that all those months of connection issues were fixed by an update is frustrating. If You have a wired connection I would update to 5.00_AC16. If that does not fix the issue I would call Neptune make an appointment and have them check your system. There is a fix and it's on them to find it. When the apex is stable it is awesome, but if it shuts down all the time it is borderline worthless.
    Definitely agree on the stability issue making this a worthless device!

New User
    First time having disconnected Apex with fusion since I bought it 3 month ago (I connect it with wifi), both EB and Apex still orange on the device. Thankfully with 2 times reset I can connect with fusion again. Hopefully this problem is one time only

New User
    Another problems about disconnected from fusion.. I think there's some issue along new firmware that supports g4pro because i don't have this problem before using g4pro connected with apex 2016

And today i failed to connect fusion while going overseas 😭 Watching my tank from camera and found radion is off. I dont know about dos and ddr is still dosing ☹️

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234