Thread: Cannot access drop down menus with classic

Frequent Visitor

Cannot access drop down menus with classic

Updated my APEX to the latest firmware the other day and decided I want to check for new updates for my modules. However, when I click on modules setup in the classic dashboard I just get a rotating circle in my browser but nothing ever loads.

Any ideas? Sure wish Neptune would integrate all the functions that you need to use the classic dashboard into Fusion.

Frequent Visitor
    Discovered it is a safari web browser issue... Works fine with google chrome. Must need to clear webpages and/or browser history in Safari.

Regular Vistor
    Did clearing webpages and history fix it? I'm having the same issue.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jporter View Post
    Did clearing webpages and history fix it? I'm having the same issue.
    Unfortunately it did not. I use the classic dashboard so rarely that I haven't bothered to troubleshoot any further than clearing the browser history. It's strange that the dashboard main screen connects and loads fine but when I select any function from the drop down menus it goes into loading mode but nothing happens.

Did you guys update the web pages after you updated the firmware?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Yes, I did.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Did you guys update the web pages after you updated the firmware?
    I did and I'm going to run the update procedure again to see if it resolves the issue.

Regular Vistor
    same issue, safari doesn't work but chrome does.

New User
    same problem occurred after I updated my firmware. Can't get Safari to work but chrome works. Presumably this is a bug within the latest firmware version...

Regular Vistor
    I too am having the same problem using Safari.

New User
    I also experienced the issue last night. I was setting up a new Apex out of the box last night. Updated firmware/web pages to latest rev, cleared history/cache and no go. Had to download Chrome to see material in drop down menus. Hope this can be remedied shortly. I prefer to use Safari on my Macs.

Frequent Visitor
    I reloaded the latest software and updated web pages and still no luck. I can see the drop down menus but when I make a selection it just hangs on the rotating circle.

Just out of curiosity... I understand that the new APEX is updated via the fusion interface and runs a completely different OS so I was wondering if the "classic" console is still necessary with the new APEX. No plans to run out and replace my current APEX but I wonder how well Neptune is going to do now that they appear to be supporting virtually two different controllers. I don't think we can expect any functionality upgrades to the old APEX anymore.

I'll probably give the new controller another 6 months on the market to give time for the initial bugs to be ironed out and then I will upgrade.

Based on testing I've done, the issue is not caused by the Apex 4.40_3.16 firmware/web pages - it is caused by El Capitan v10.11.6 / Security Update 2016-004, which was just released in late July. Until Neptune can address this in a future firmware/web page update, use Firefox or Chrome.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakelivin View Post
    I understand that the new APEX is updated via the fusion interface and runs a completely different OS so I was wondering if the "classic" console is still necessary with the new APEX.
    In the new Apex, the classic dashboard has been replaced by a new user interface called APEX Local - it has the same look & feel as APEX Fusion, and is very much a major improvement over the old classic dashboard. The local interface still has its uses - it's a bit faster than Fusion, and it's still a necessity for those that don't have 7/24 Internet services and for who those who choose not to use or for various reasons cannot use APEX Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakelivin View Post
    I don't think we can expect any functionality upgrades to the old APEX anymore.
    The classic Apex models are not obsolete. The Apex Classic and Apex Jr has not been end-of-lifed; they are still being manufactured and sold. Neptune has publicly stated numerous times in recent months that the classic Apex models will still be supported with firmware updates and such for owners of them to use forthcoming new modules and accessories, such as the forthcoming FMM (Fluid Monitoring Module), optical level sensors and flow sensors.

New User
    Try opening the link on a new tab.
    Keep your finger on the link until the option apear, then select open in new tab.
    See if that helps.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by jdieck View Post
    Try opening the link on a new tab.Keep your finger on the link until the option apear, then select open in new tab.See if that helps.
    Also, if you're working in Safari on a desktop, try right clicking on the menu item you're trying to open, and select open in new tab. This did the trick for me on my iMac.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogre View Post
    Also, if you're working in Safari on a desktop, try right clicking on the menu item you're trying to open, and select open in new tab. This did the trick for me on my iMac.
    This also worked for me, thank you.