Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMUP

Ordered 2 from my LFS. Going to power my ca and phosban reactors with them. I really want 2 cor pumps for my chiller and main return. Then I won't have any 110 vac pumps in my system.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Classic User

PMUP pump performance information

@RussM... thanks for the clarification on the PMUP interface. What I was trying to get to is that it appears to me that an Apex classic user must have a 1Link module to interface to the PMUP. I actually had not put it together that the PMUP plugs into one of the 2 accessory ports on the 1Link module versus one of the 3 1Link ports on the 1Link module, so your clear response was definitive and therefore very helpful.

You have also clarified that PMUP pump control is limited to ON|OFF. That is a big help and that this is not a matter of which Apex model one has. Thank you for that.

There is paltry little information available on the 1Link module. I have spent a lot of time on Neptune Systems' website and on the internet in general trying to get solid descriptive and specification information on it. I just watched Terence's video "What is 1LINK? Neptune Systems Product Highlight 001" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6VZxTNzbGs
    I found it to be only introductorily descriptive, not definitive. It was rather more salesy than definitive and specificative.

My post #24, above, seeks pump performance information, not just interface information. Still remaining is my question, "What is the Best Efficiency Point (BEP) of the PMUP?"

I understand now that there is no speed control, so there will be only one pump performance curve with a single RO, BEP and SO; i.e., not a set of values for each of those operating parameters.
    Thanks,
    fab
    Last edited by fab; 08-20-2016 at 10:48. Reason: add reference to prior post number 24.

Classic User
    Now that this thread has been moved to its new forum, I have found the "missing 1Link interfacing information" I have been looking for on the Neptune Systems' website and all over the web. I found it in the sticky at the beginning of this thread, "DC24 Ports and Peripherals - PMUP & DIY uses"...at https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...l=1#post102705.

This interface information needs to be incorporated into proper Neptune Systems' documentation so we users can find it easily. Also, images of the 1Link module interfaces need to be added to this write up.

fab

Frequent Visitor
    what is so innovative about this pump that you cannot even control the flow rate and it is manufactured from a controller company . to me, it is just like a normal ehiem or china pump , it only sound nice that it can be plug into the 1 link port and that's all . why spend the extra money where i can just get a cheap pump and plug into the energy bar and put in the program ?

base on this pump , i do not even expect the long awaited COR pump have any fantastic features.

For me it's the fact that it's a 24 vdc pump which is 1 less 110 vac device running in my tank.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chercm View Post
    what is so innovative about this pump that you cannot even control the flow rate and it is manufactured from a controller company . to me, it is just like a normal ehiem or china pump , it only sound nice that it can be plug into the 1 link port and that's all . why spend the extra money where i can just get a cheap pump and plug into the energy bar and put in the program ?

base on this pump , i do not even expect the long awaited COR pump have any fantastic features.
    It is not a 1link device and doesn't plug into a 1link port. See post #25. And why is it such a big deal? It's made by NS, I mean c'mon some drive a Porsche to be cool, I run a Neptune Apex controller......
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    It is not a 1link device and doesn't plug into a 1link port. See post #25.
    So sorry did not see it then it makes this piece of equipment waste of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor jrlamountain's Avatar
    the pump is very small and powerful and it is nice just for the fact that it doesn't need to take up one of your expensive plugs. with the one link you can power 3 power heads and 2 of these pumps all off one power brick. so you saved 5 outlets and all the power bricks that would be needed for those pumps. so in my mind it is well worth it plus unlike those cheep chinese pumps this one is backed by neptune and its brand quality. just my 2 cents

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastelball View Post
    If you buy the 1link module
    I'm not understanding why the 0-10v on the APEX won't work.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Bif24701 View Post

Aaron
    Because the pmup is 24 volts?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Because the pmup is 24 volts?

Oh, I guess I wrongly assumed The Jeboa had a 0-10v input for APEX control

Aaron

Yes but even the jebao dc1200 have a controller to tune the flow rate and tell me what does the pmup have - none ! Joke !
    You are not making a fair or reasonable comparison. The DC1200 is a return pump. The PMUP is a utility pump. Different form factors, different uses and applications.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    You are not making a fair or reasonable comparison. The DC1200 is a return pump. The PMUP is a utility pump. Different form factors, different uses and applications.
    I own the dc1200 and it is much larger then this pump. I don't understand the hate for it it's a nice little pump for a good price

Quote Originally Posted by Bif24701 View Post
    The 0-10v output on the Apex and VDM variable speed outlets is a control voltage, such as is used for dimming compatible lighting and controlling the speed of compatible pumps. It does not provide power.

The PMUP is a 24-volt DC pump which is powered through the DC24 ports on a 1LINK module or EnergyBar832.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Yes but even the jebao dc1200 have a controller to tune the flow rate and tell me what does the pmup have - none ! Joke !

It's tiny that's what is great about it

Frequent Contributor
    @chercm do you even run an Apex? I thought you left it behind.

Once you try to understand the purpose of this pump, you might figure our why it is a great option.

There really isn't any thing else out there like it except maybe the Tunze auto-topoff pump and that is not in the same league either.

This is a utility pump. A very compact and reliable way to run reactors or use it for ATO. The top output design makes it even more convenient for both these purposes.

Also, it has good head pressure (unlike the Tunze) so it can be used as an ATO pump on a lower floor of your house.

If your only purpose here on the NS Community forum is to be hater and a troll and dragging down conversations, please just don't bother. This is a community of people who actually have an Apex (or are learning about them to make a decision) and like sharing ideas and being positive.

Classic User
    This is a community of people who actually have an Apex (or are learning about them to make a decision) and like sharing ideas and being positive.
    Yea, verily... this is a community of users and is open to prospective users. Others can and should go elsewhere to foment their ill will.
    fab

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    @chercm do you even run an Apex? I thought you left it behind.

Once you try to understand the purpose of this pump, you might figure our why it is a great option.

There really isn't any thing else out there like it except maybe the Tunze auto-topoff pump and that is not in the same league either.

This is a utility pump. A very compact and reliable way to run reactors or use it for ATO. The top output design makes it even more convenient for both these purposes.

Also, it has good head pressure (unlike the Tunze) so it can be used as an ATO pump on a lower floor of your house.

If your only purpose here on the NS Community forum is to be hater and a troll and dragging down conversations, please just don't bother. This is a community of people who actually have an Apex (or are learning about them to make a decision) and like sharing ideas and being positive.
    I agree

Anybody know what is the amp requirement (or power supply required) for PMUP to work stand alone (without APEX)? I need a pump like that, but can't buy an Apex right now. Want to use it stand alone with a power supply and connect later to muy new Apex. Is it 24V, ˜1 Amp?

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rsucre View Post
    Anybody know what is the amp requirement (or power supply required) for PMUP to work stand alone (without APEX)? I need a pump like that, but can't buy an Apex right now. Want to use it stand alone with a power supply and connect later to muy new Apex. Is it 24V, ˜1 Amp?
    Neptune is working on a standalone plug adapter so you can put the PMUP into a 110 outlet, this could be released some time in October.
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    Neptune is working on a standalone plug adapter so you can put the PMUP into a 110 outlet, this could be released some time in October.
    Great, but what are the specs? I may already have a power supply that I can use

Frequent Contributor
    Not sure and I don't think Neptune will give that information out on a product they are supplying
    Jon

Classic User
    If you have a 24 volt power supply then you should be able to try it out. If the power supply does not deliver enough power the PMUP will not run properly.

Worst case... It is a $39 experiment. Hook an a meter in series with the pump and the power supply and you will answer your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    If you have a 24 volt power supply then you should be able to try it out. If the power supply does not deliver enough power the PMUP will not run properly.

Worst case... It is a $39 experiment. Hook an a meter in series with the pump and the power supply and you will answer your own question.
    I bought a PMUP and the product label says:

24V 17W. So it must be .7A.

PMUP

[QUOTE=rsucre;110456]I bought a PMUP and the product label says:

24V 17W. So it must be around .7A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12