Thread: Chiller Heater Output configuration

Former User

Chiller Heater Output configuration

The outlet I have been using for some while to control by heater I am now using for a Teco 500 chiller heater but at this stage only in the on position has I want the Teco to control the temp.
    I will want to use the Apex as a backup on this outlet in case anything goes wrong with Teco.
    Obviously up till now I have been using the control type Heater but now have tried to change it to Chiller but in doing so it changes the temp units to Fahrenheit and will not allow it to be set as Centigrade despite the system set to Centigrade.
    See attached screenshots
    Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 15.33.20.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-28 at 15.33.09.png

Any ideas how to get the units to save as Chiller type in Centigrade

Chiller Heater Output configuration

You do not set the temp scale in the heater or chiller wizard; the temp scale F or C is configured for the probe using the display menu or the Probe/Switch Inputs page using the Classic Dashboard.

In the chiller wizard, just change the values for on and off temps as desired.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Former User
    Thanks for prompt reply Russ.
    Centigrade is set in both the display menu and the Probe/Switch page
    Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 15.59.06.png

And show in the wizard as centigrade when the control type is heater. Change that to chiller and it changes to Fahrenheit

Fo r some reason the Chiller output control will not show centigrade.

Just change the numbers and save it. The numbers that appear when you first change to Chiller control type are just defaults.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Former User
    I'd done that and it just came up with a fault but this time it has worked. Thanks for your help.
    Any suggestions for how I use this as a safe guard if the thermostat or anything else goes wrong with the Teco. I would also want to switch off if pump mentioned below stops working.
    I also have a separate pump for the through put of the water which at present like the chiller I just have set to on but want to be able to use the Apex to control if problems with chiller or there is a leak on the pipework

New User
    Set your chiller/heater as desired then set the switch/alarm to a higher value so if the chiller/heater quits the switch kicks in

Former User
    Thanks for the reply. I have the Teco set to ON now not Auto and just use its internal thermostat to control it. I have the temp set at 26 and the hysteresis at 1degree so that if drops to 25 the heater comes on and if it gets to 27 the chiller comes on.

The email alarm is set at If Temp > 27.5 Then ON
    If Temp < 24.5 Then ON

Are you suggesting that I use the auto ? Not sure what you mean by setting the switch - on what the Teco or the pump controlling the water flow. Sorry if being a bit slow

New User
    Yes, that's my suggestion, so if the teco fails and can't control the temp, then having the apex set to just outside the range that's set on your teco, it'll take over.

Former User
    Yes I get all that but its how to switch off the TECO if the the separate pump fails. I wouldn't want the heater or the chiller running if the pump fails and there is no water going through it.
    At the moment both the TECO and the pump are set to on