Thread: My new Apex set up

New User

My new Apex set up

Hello everyone,

I have spent the last few days installing and configuring my new Apex Wifi unit and I had a defective pump head on the
    DOS unit so I am having to contact Neptune to resolve this. Everything else is working fine and now that I am getting the hang of it I am liking it. I have it set up to do automatic water changes at 250ml per minute. Since I have a CPR overflow box on my tank I have it set up to turn off the overflow box, pump, skimmer and my zeovit reactor so all of the water will drain back in my sump for the water change. I tested it last night and the number 1 pump didn't work right. It was shaking the hose violently and sputtering mostly air with a few drops of water. This morning I switched the pump heads to see if it would work and it did so I know I need a new pump head. It still makes a clicking sound, but I guess I can live with that. I really don't want to uninstall the pump or anything. I had a rough start with the pump. Has anyone else had this problem?

New User
    I took the pump apart and inspected it and I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I put the pump head on the number 2 pump and tested it. Everything worked fine this time. I am not sure why it messed up the first time unless it got clogged. I blew air through the hose inside the pump head to dislodge anything that might have gotten stuck in it.

New User
    I wound up sending the DOS unit back to Bulk Reef Supply because it started messing up again. I have really had hell with getting my neptune systems set up.

New User
    I got the replacement DOS unit a while back and it is running perfectly. It's nice not having to do big water changes. All I have to do is empty the old water bucket out in the bathtub and I have a cobalt mj 1200 pump attached to a hose that will pump the water out. I also really like that apex fusion can keep up with all of my maintenance so I can review patterns for planning. I love the new apex.