Frequent Visitor

anyone using Foscam R4

anyone using the Foscam R4?

does it work well with fusion, I am looking for detail and clarity

http://www.foscammall.com/ip-camera/...ip-camera.html

pics would be awesome if you have

Regular Vistor
    Bumping for anyone else's input.

I have the R4 and the picture quality is substantially better than the older Fi9821W V2, but I have not been able to figure out the secret sauce to get it on the fusion dashboard yet.

Frustrating because I can access the camera through DynDns from outside the network using Foscam's dashboard, just haven't found the right code combination to get it to show up in fusion... yet. There appears to be a confusing array of choices for older models.

M

Frequent Visitor
    Have you ever used Ispy? I use that to get the URLs for web based applications

New User
    I've spent an embarrassing number of hours trying to get the foscam R4 working with the dashboard, and having had a little bit of success finally, here's my 2 cents…

I don't think it will work for video based on what I know so far. Their HD cameras (R2/4) do not support mjpeg streams. From what I've gathered, the H.264 streams seem not to be compatible with embedding in html5, but need rtsp or some other add-on protocol. I hope to be wrong, but there are so many $%$##%!# models and brands of crappy cameras and poorly documented specs, that it's frankly a bit hard to tell. That's a bummer, as I can't have the camera too close to the tank (for wife reasons), and figured I'd need the HD resolution to compensate for having to digitally zoom. That works, but 3/4 of the resolution is going to waste. If I can ever figure out how HD streams work, perhaps I'll be able to justify an optical zoom upgrade.

However, I was able to get it to at least give me a jpeg on demand, which works great as a tile in the dashboard, and refreshes with each dashboard refresh. I think I can do without a live video stream.

The format for a jpeg on demand for the R4 is:

http://address:port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy...d=snapPicture2

(use the basic/image stream type in the fusion dialog box)

One poorly documented caveat is that you'll need to be careful with your password choice. No matter what the foscam app says, it should be <= 12 characters, no special characters (which would make the cgi url tricky). Do use mixed case and numbers. I would also use the camera's web interface to set up a non-admin account for the camera, and use that in the url string, not the one with admin privs.

If anyone in the meantime *has* figured out video streaming, I'd love to know…

Frequent Visitor
    I too am trying to use a FOS cam R4 as my tank cam. Have it working from outside the house with proper port forwarding but the lack of an MPEG stream is a pita.

I found this that does mention 2 steps and being able to use an H.264 stream
    https://amcrest.com/legacyforum/how-...ras-t4328.html

Anyone have an R2 or R4 working on their Apex dashboard ?

Frequent Visitor
    I did find updated links of FOSCAM CGI doc here: http://www.foscam.es/descarga/Foscam...2015.11.06.pdf

and this
    https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=foscam#

however I am only able to get the single still working as noted above by jrpayne

Would be great if anyone has tip on getting the image to refresh on the dashboard without refreshing the page

Regular Vistor
    any update on this one guys? i bought the r4 and im having difficulty also to attach it in apex. pls update.

Has anyone tried the Icecap underwater cam in Apex Fusion yet?
    https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/re...camera-icecap/

Quote Originally Posted by FLSharkvictim View Post
    Has anyone tried the Icecap underwater cam in Apex Fusion yet?
    https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/re...camera-icecap/
    It does not work in Fusion It requires their app.

Please do not hijack threads like this; this thread is about the Foscam R4.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

No pointed intended mate! I have a Foscam, it is model#FI8910W but I still could not figure out how to install it.
    Let me ask you a question, will this model # above integrate with Apex Fusion ?

Regular Vistor
    so any update on how i could integrate it with my dashboard? thanks guys.

Regular Vistor
    Anyone have any progress on this one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New User
    I was able to get a RTSP stream going in a browser by installing the VLC Media Player plugin, and using the following URL template:
    rtsp://username:pwd@IP:port/videoMain

Unfortunately Fusion will not accept such a URL, and throws a "Does not match format" error when adding to the media dashboard.

New User
    I’m in the same boat with the Foscam R4. I just got mine today from Amazon and cannot get it to integrate with Apex. What’s odd is I do see posts of others being able to link different Foscam models to their Apex dashboards...there’s got to be a way for the R4 to work??

New User
    Any Update As To Using The Foscam R4?

New User
    Pretty sure this is a ghost town dude.

It would appear Neptune isn't interested, and they've handed-off all accountability/responsibility to volunteers.

Good luck!