Thread: PMUP - I just bought 3 units. How can I use them if there is only 2 ports in new Apex?

Frequent Visitor

PMUP - I just bought 3 units. How can I use them if there is only 2 ports in new Apex?

Hi,
    I have Classic Apex, but after a power problem, my Apex do not communicate with DOS, PM2, AFS.

I am going to Chicago next week (I am from Brazil), then I ordered yesterday 3 units of PMUP, and left for tomorrow the decision of buying a new classic Apex (again), or the new 2016 unit.

Now, reading that PMUP comes without connection to a regular power, the question is:
    If I decide to buy the new model, still an issue...3 PMUP and only 2 connections in system.

So I will need to buy an extension cable and cut the male part to connect to power?

Frequent Visitor
    I think you will need to buy an addition 1link module or an additional Energy Bar 832 to power the 3rd PMUP.

Frequent Visitor
    If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to run three of the utility pumps?

Frequent Visitor
    Of course I don't mind.

1) In Brazil every things is more expensive (because of taxes), and hobby products is also charged more by 1 or 2 stores that maybe have theese products available. (They will NOT have)
    2) 1 for ATO, 1 for ozone reactor.
    I have a semi professional ozone generator for swimming pools that can stay on for more than 20 min.
    I also have a heavy and noise air pump.
    So, When I turn off my Ozone generator, if I turn off also air pump, the reactors chambers (they are 2, one is for carbon) they will fill with water and level in sump will go down and replacement of DI water enter in action, what will change my density (a little, but will). Than when I turn all on again, the sump level will raise.
    One thing I did was the use of a selenoid to cut water also (I have a strong return pump wich supplys water for all equipament).
    Then, reading about this new pump, I can just put this unit to feed ozone reactor and turn it on and off in same time that air pump and ozonator. Did you got?
    3) this unit will be for any idea that will come from forum, friends, replaciment, etc

I just thought now that maybe I can cut pump cable, to conect pump to 24v supply, instead of buying a 20$ cable to cut.

Thanks for your concern

Quote Originally Posted by Guilla View Post
    Of course I don't mind.

1) In Brazil every things is more expensive (because of taxes), and hobby products is also charged more by 1 or 2 stores that maybe have theese products available. (They will NOT have)
    2) 1 for ATO, 1 for ozone reactor.
    I have a semi professional ozone generator for swimming pools that can stay on for more than 20 min.
    I also have a heavy and noise air pump.
    So, When I turn off my Ozone generator, if I turn off also air pump, the reactors chambers (they are 2, one is for carbon) they will fill with water and level in sump will go down and replacement of DI water enter in action, what will change my density (a little, but will). Than when I turn all on again, the sump level will raise.
    One thing I did was the use of a selenoid to cut water also (I have a strong return pump wich supplys water for all equipament).
    Then, reading about this new pump, I can just put this unit to feed ozone reactor and turn it on and off in same time that air pump and ozonator. Did you got?
    3) this unit will be for any idea that will come from forum, friends, replaciment, etc

I just thought now that maybe I can cut pump cable, to conect pump to 24v supply, instead of buying a 20$ cable to cut.

Thanks for your concern
    You can simply cut the cable, or I think you can use one of these connectors to build your own extension. I ordered some of these (male and female), have not tested them yet.
    http://www.stevesleds.com/search.asp?keyword=8794102470
    http://www.stevesleds.com/search.asp?keyword=8794102464

Regular Vistor
    Hi - I am curious to know if either of those connectors that you found to build your own extension worked. Any info would be helpful.

They worked for me. I have a 24v DC fan working.

Regular Vistor
    Right on - do you remember which of the two connectors you listed fit?

I think it is the second link (female). They are so cheap that I order a few of both, just in case.