Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the Load/Save Configuration in the Apex 2016 Local Interface?

New User

Where is the Load/Save Configuration in the Apex 2016 Local Interface?

Sorry for the super-basic question. I'm sure it's obvious to everyone else, since I can't find anyone posting anywhere with the same question, and neptune isn't answering me.

But as the title says, where is the Load/Save Configuration in the Apex 2016 local interface? To be clear, I know I can't do this in Fusion, I need to be local. I know how to access the local interface; no problem there.

Neptune appears to have changed the local interface for the new Apex so that it mimics the Fusion interface, and I can't find the config save drop down menu anywhere. I have two Apex Classics running, and can get to the save function on both of those. I'm talking about this screen:

Config Pic.png

Certainly there's a way to save programming data, I'm just blind to it. Please point me in the right direction, thanks.

Frequent Contributor
    Currently there is no load/save function in the new apex.

You can print your programming in the summary page in Fusion and copy and paste into the eb832 outputs

Jon
    Jon

New User
    Thanks Jon.

But wow. hard to believe they would go to market without that functionality.

Is there any update to this? I have to many outlets, and profiles to do this manually, and this is the actual main reason I have not upgraded my unit yet.
    also, I cant seem to find any Demo, or showcase of the new 2016 interface. I would like to experience the menu system on an actual 2016 unit, Does neptune have any resources for this ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNore View Post
    Is there any update to this? I have to many outlets, and profiles to do this manually, and this is the actual main reason I have not upgraded my unit yet.
    also, I cant seem to find any Demo, or showcase of the new 2016 interface. I would like to experience the menu system on an actual 2016 unit, Does neptune have any resources for this ?
    The load/save function is in apex.local just like the older apex models can only be loaded in the same model and requires aquabus numbers to be identical just like the old models as well

There are a bunch of YouTube videos that show the new interface if you search neptune apex 2016.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The load/save function is in apex.local just like the older apex models can only be loaded in the same model and requires aquabus numbers to be identical just like the old models as well

There are a bunch of YouTube videos that show the new interface if you search neptune apex 2016.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    This does make sense, thank you for the fast reply

Quote Originally Posted by TheNore View Post
    Please see the FAQ about migrating from a Classic to a new Apex.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...an-Apex-(2016)
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Guys, been over this back and fort. Still can't find the configuration->Load/Save page in my apex 2016. I've looked for videos. No luck finding what I need. I can't find my Save Apex Configuration. I found where I could print things. But not save things. My old apex needs replacing. Figured this would be a simple save, and reload. But should have known better.

Any help on where or how to find this save configuration?
    Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer XL 425: Born on August 29, 2017

Frequent Contributor SuncrestReef's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RussC View Post
    Guys, been over this back and fort. Still can't find the configuration->Load/Save page in my apex 2016. I've looked for videos. No luck finding what I need. I can't find my Save Apex Configuration. I found where I could print things. But not save things. My old apex needs replacing. Figured this would be a simple save, and reload. But should have known better.

Any help on where or how to find this save configuration?
    Browse to http://apex.local. Then click where shown in these screen shots:

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 3.36.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 3.36.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 3.37.09 PM.png

Frequent Visitor
    Pictures are good! Thanks. I kept pushing buttons, I found it, saved it, and then got frustrated trying to figure out agai how I found it. Gonna tackle it again tonight.

Frequent Visitor
    Guys, I've been trying to prepare my new apex 2016 unit and I"ve reached a point I need some guidance. Can any of you help?

In the apex cloning guide on page 11 I've gotten to the section called 'prepare the new apex.' But I don't have a display module or a network cable. I have a 2016 unit connected via wifi to my home network. So once I power up the new unit, how do I proceed? The instructions are a bit confusing.

Im guessing where I'm getting confused is I don't know how to access the new unit on my Mac since I don't have the new unit IP address or any specific website. I access my current unit through the local dashboard for this procedure. Is there a dashboard I can also access my new unit at the same time?

Guys, I've been trying to prepare my new apex 2016 unit and I"ve reached a point I need some guidance. Can any of you help?

In the apex cloning guide on page 11 I've gotten to the section called 'prepare the new apex.' But I don't have a display module or a network cable. I have a 2016 unit connected via wifi to my home network. So once I power up the new unit, how do I proceed? The instructions are a bit confusing.

Im guessing where I'm getting confused is I don't know how to access the new unit on my Mac since I don't have the new unit IP address or any specific website. I access my current unit through the local dashboard for this procedure. Is there a dashboard I can also access my new unit at the same time?
    The apex cloning guide is for the classic unit not the 2016. If you are upgrading from a classic to a 2016, you can't clone it. It needs to be set up from scratch and there are some tips in one of the stickies for migrating from a classic to 2016.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I'm simply cloning a 2016 unit to a new 2016 unit. My current 2016 unit has a failed Salinity probe port and Neptune will replace the unit. All I have to do is get the data from the existing one running my system to the new one received from Neptune. Zombie, please tell me that can be done. I was lead to believe it can be.

I believe I was able to save the configuration. So I have that. Now I'm trying to transfer it to the new unit.

Cloning guide, page 1:

The cloning process and APEX REPLACEMENT MODE may only be used for direct replacement of an identical controller model. It cannot be used as an upgrade or migration tool if changing from one model of APEX to another, such as upgrading from an APEX JR to an APEX or upgrading from an APEX LITE to an APEX.

Use the migration sticky here: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...Apex-or-ApexEL
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

The concepts outlined in the sticky can be used to switch over to a new Apex base.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Cloning guide, page 1:

The cloning process and APEX REPLACEMENT MODE may only be used for direct replacement of an identical controller model. It cannot be used as an upgrade or migration tool if changing from one model of APEX to another, such as upgrading from an APEX JR to an APEX or upgrading from an APEX LITE to an APEX.

Use the migration sticky here: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...Apex-or-ApexEL
    This is an identical controller model I'm replacing. So it should work if I'm reading your post correctly. I've read through that sticky. Didn't really see what I needed to make this work. Am I missing something?

This is an identical controller model I'm replacing. So it should work if I'm reading your post correctly. I've read through that sticky. Didn't really see what I needed to make this work. Am I missing something?
    Follow the getting started guide. Then plug in modules in the same order as they were on the old unit. The aquabus numbers need to match. Then load your saved config.

Frequent Visitor
    Zombie, please bear with me. I think Im more confused now than before I started. Let me back up and provide some context and start over with my questions.

My salinity probe failed. Neptune believes its not the probe, but the base unit that the probe connects to. So they sent me a new base unit to replace my Curren unit. Nothing is wrong with my energy bars.

I was told, or at least I read this, that in order to make the swap, I'd have to save the configuration of the old unit to my computer and download it to the new unit so I'd have all the programming, etc. Made sense. But what doesn't make sense, at least how I understand it, in order to do this I have to have both units up and running at the same time, thus the requirement for me to get a 12v power adapter to power the new unit. What I don't understand is how do I see the new unit on my computer at the same time as my current unit is being viewed? I have an apex 2016 with no display modules. So everything is viewed through fusion or the local dashboard.

You said follow the startup guide. In order to do that, I need to view the new unit. However, if I have my old unit still running the tank, how do I do that? And when you say plug the modules in in the same order as were on the old unit, that is confusing. Are you talking about the aqua bus cords? Because everything in the base unit only plugs into certain ports except for the energy bar. And I have it plugged into one of two auabus ports. So for example, I'd plug my energy bar in the same aqua bus port of the new unit as it is in the old unit?

This may seem silly, but why do I have to have both units running at the same time? Why couldn't I just unplug the old unit and plug in the new unit, let it connect, and go from there?

As I got into this, I've gotten so many different sets of instructions, I don't know which one is right, what to do next, where to start, etc. Even Neptune support seems inconsistent. Its gotten me spinning in circles. Most times this is not something I shy away from. I just dive right in and get to work. But this one has me a little intimidated.

Your patience and help is greatly appreciated.

They don't need to be running simultaneously. You just need to get a screenshot of the modules page so you know which order to plug stuff back in and save the config to your computer. If each energy bar X is aquabus 3, an AFS is aquabus 4, and a DOS is aquabus 5, they need to be plugged in the same order of energy bar, then AFS, then DOS so they get assigned the same aquabus numbers. Once you have that, only the new one needs to be up and running.

Frequent Visitor
    IMG_0096.jpgBut I don' have any modules plugged into my base unit. I have the temp probe, PH probe, ORP probe and the six switch input. The energy bar is plugged into one of the two aquabus outlets.

IMG_0096.jpgBut I don' have any modules plugged into my base unit. I have the temp probe, PH probe, ORP probe and the six switch input. The energy bar is plugged into one of the two aquabus outlets.
    So first get the new one talking to fusion using the get started guide and you can calibrate probes and whatnot as well.

Then plug the modules into the new unit in the same order as the old one. Once this is done and you double check that the numbers match, you can load your saved config.

Frequent Visitor
    IMG_0095.jpgModules page

Frequent Visitor
    so once I got the new unit talking to fusion and calibrated probes I would plug in my energy bar? That's the only module I have plugged into the base unit. All my other modules are plugged into the energy bar? Or, would do I need to unplug all my modules from the base unit and replace those one at a time in order once I get the new unit up and running?

You would need to move them from the old unit to the new unit in the same order as your modules page shows. Move the two WAVs, then the AFS, then the FMM, then the EB8. Make sure the modules show up in the modules page with the correct address before plugging in the next one.

And any virtual outputs need to be identical. If you don’t have everything perfect on the new controller so it EXACTLY matches the old, the configuration will be incorrect after you load the backup file. If it isn’t *exactly* the same, things won’t work right and you will have to initialize the new base and start over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast