Thread: Classic View-can't view modules

Regular Vistor

Classic View-can't view modules

When in the Classic pages, I can no longer view my modules. The link appears to work, but I only get the lovely orange spinner on my screen, which I've allowed to spin for up to 15 minutes with no chance.

I've restarted my Apex via the display.

I've power cycled the entire system by unplugging everything for about a minute.

How can I get this working?

Thanks!

New User
    I have the same problem, seems that the menu links on the drop down menus are not being recognized when I use Safari from my ipad.

Frequent Visitor
    When my apex gets power cycled, I have to do a new search for Apex as the addresses etc change. Try doing that to see if it finds it and then allows you to log in

Regular Vistor
    I can log in and view/control the Apex from the dashboards. It's all of the other menus that I can't access. I ended up logging a ticket a couple days ago and Neptune got back to me with the following. It's on today's to-do list.

Thank you for your inquiry. I would recommend to reload the firmware. This is usually a problem with the web pages or Cache data. Clear the cache data from your web browser. if this does not resolve the issue then continue with the firmware update.

Ensure a couple of small things first like the Ethernet cable is plugged into your Apex and the other end is plugged into your home WIFI router. The Apex should have a 'Green' and 'Orange' light beside where you plug the Ethernet cable into the Apex. The Apex should also have a 'Green' status light on the top.

If those are fine plug your Apex into your home router and follow these steps below.

1. Check to make sure DHCP is enabled on your controller and restart the controller
      1. On your Apex Display screen: System> Netsetup> DHCP> On
      2. In the same menu look for 'Restart' and click on it. This will cause your display to go blank. Wait for it to finish and return.

Download the firmware by going to our website:

WINDOWS Firmware:
    http://www.neptunesystems.com/downlo..._4.40_3A16.zip

Mac Firmware:

http://www.neptunesystems.com/downlo..._4.40_3A16.dmg

Windows Users:
    When you're updating firmware from a Windows based PC you need to 'unzip' files like ours to work properly. Download the firmware, right click it and unzip it. Unzip the contents to your computers dashboard.

1.After downloading, start the program, click the 'search apex' button that has a 'magnifying glass' and it should appear on the list. Click on it, your Apex name and network address will appear. Click on it and press OK. Then click update firmware.

2. When it's done loading the firmware click the search button again, select your Apex Base Unit and press OK. Now, click 'Update WebPages'

*On a Mac the search button is on the bottom left corner with the symbol of a 'WiFi signal' square button.

Would you like to see how it's done? Follow the steps in this demo below:

Firmware Update on windows demo

Firmware Update on Mac demo

What browser? If using Safari, try Chrome or Firefox.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    55457 Gensingen, Germany, (GMT +1:00 hour)
    Hi, I have same problem with classic dashboard using safari. Safari can't control apex menu links and dös not show any Graphs.
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-01 um 13.43.51.jpg
    I think this problem come together with latest Sw 3A16 release. I tried everything no effect. Since I have switched to Firefox when using classic dashboard; This browser work as expected.
    Freshwater 270 Liter, APEX (v.4.32), EB6 220V, AFS, PM2... Giesemann "Futura" (BT), Fluval G6

New User
    I found when using my ipad that the link will work if you maintain your finger on the link and then select open in new tab.
    See if that helps. Once the second tab opens the links will work from that page until you return back to the dashboard, then they do not work again unless you open them on a new tab.

New User
    Great tipp, that helps well. (doesn't matter iPad/iMac). So, such problem with menue links is definitive Safari related. But, how to fix?
    Freshwater 270 Liter, APEX (v.4.32), EB6 220V, AFS, PM2... Giesemann "Futura" (BT), Fluval G6

New User
    wanted to add: it is caused by El Capitan v10.11.6 / Security Update 2016-004 other thread.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by jdieck View Post
    I found when using my ipad that the link will work if you maintain your finger on the link and then select open in new tab.See if that helps. Once the second tab opens the links will work from that page until you return back to the dashboard, then they do not work again unless you open them on a new tab.
    Sweet, this tip fixed my problem on my iPad as well. Just tried it on my Mac and it works there as well.