Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Backup Apex

How To Backup Apex

Quote Originally Posted by Markhammon View Post
    +1 - I would like to add my wish to have a way to back up my Apex.
    You already have that capability in your Apex Classic. Classic Dashboard, Configuration->Load/Save
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thank you Russ, I can't believe I had not seen that.

Regular Vistor
    What about for the new Apex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by haanstang View Post
    What about for the new Apex?
    That's what this thread is about. Please read it.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Do we have an ETA on when the new firmware update will be available and backup functionality restored?

Frequent Visitor
    My progamming was corrupted this morning on my Apex 2016 for my DT and QT. Some outputs are suddenly gone. This was one morning of troubleshooting, then one afternoon of reprogramming and I am still not done yet! What a nice day to spend on new year eve.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...409#post134409

Regular Vistor
    Just stumbled across this. Is someone going to let us know if/and how this works.

Local Web Interface of the Apex(2016)
    Click on the menu dropdown in the top left of the page.
    Click on Misc
    Click on the LoadSave Button.

Screenshot from 2018-01-07 19-20-40.png

That has been there since early last year. It doesn’t need detailed instructions - try it.

Frequent Visitor
    That is cool. I just did it but not sure what to do with it. My mac just saved the file, but I cant open it? How would one use this if needed in the future?

If you switch to Load, you can browse your computer for the backup file and restore it to the Apex. You’ll be given the choice to restore everything or just certain parts. It’ll take a minute for the data to be uploaded and processed, then the Apex will reboot.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    That has been there since early last year. It doesn’t need detailed instructions - try it.
    I imagined that it worked like the old apex.....but with lack of any documentation, I was just asking.

Frequent Visitor
    Holy Crap, never knew this was available now !

Hoff
    My system crashed a couple hours ago and the base unit seems to have wiped itself. When I go into Fusion, it says 'This unit isn't connected to Fusion.' But when I try to access it through apex.local, my user name and password don't work and I'm left with starting over with a blank "admin, 1234" set-up.

I do, however see my previous set-up in my Fusion list - and I can get to a configuration summary.

Unfortunately, in Fusion, under Misc, Setup there is no LoadSave button. I was hoping I could save my configuration from here, and then load it into my newly blank admin setup. Looks like that won't work.

Is there some other way to 'reconnect' a system to Fusion and have that re-enter all of the labeling and programming?

The Load/Save feature is only in APEX Local, not in APEX Fusion.

The Summary report is not a backup - it is a human-readable report.

Hoff
    Does it sound right that since my name and password to log into Local do not work, that the base unit has wiped itself? I’m guessing that tomorrow will be spent reprogramming everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
    Does it sound right that since my name and password to log into Local do not work, that the base unit has wiped itself? I’m guessing that tomorrow will be spent reprogramming everything?
    Not at all. Your fusion credentials and the local credentials are not linked. Unless you manually changed the local password the default is admin 1234

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Hoff
    Clarification: my credentials to log in to Local do not work. (I actually did change them to match Fusion.)

My problem is that although I can now access the system through Local, using admin; 1234 (rather than the credentials I had set up), none of my programming is present. Everything is wiped to defaults.

I didn't save a config file from Local previously, as I just saw this thread yesterday. Ironically, I saw this a couple hours before my system crashed, but hadn't clicked 'save' before the crash. I will certainly be testing out the save functionality as I get back up to speed. :-)

Frequent Visitor
    So if the system ever crashes. I go to the local and choose load. Then it will asked for the file and then I will load the apexcfg.bin and it will load that set up? Is that all there is to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sppf121 View Post
    So if the system ever crashes. I go to the local and choose load. Then it will asked for the file and then I will load the apexcfg.bin and it will load that set up? Is that all there is to it?
    Depends on the crash. You have to make sure modules have the same address or the load won't work, so it's good to keep a record of what those are too.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

So I am trying to backup my configuration, I keep getting this? I use my credentials for apex local, and nothing will work??
    Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 11.58.57 PM.jpg

So I changed the password for local to my choice.... Yet the 1234 password worked and downloaded file.... I guess I am good.... Kinda strange...

New User
    It is some kind of lightweight linux can be a process on full backup and restore system some script :šílený:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12