Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MACNA 2016 Product Announcements

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by stephartsmith View Post
    Very interesting news here especially for the radions G4 compliance

One question about the ATO module, will it be possible to replace the PMUP by a solenoid valve for those like me who have direct connection to the reverse osmosis?
    Once again, I strongly encourage everyone to read the original post. I spent a lot of time predicting what your questions might be. In this case:

"In addition to the four ports, we have decided to add a 24V DC Accessory port just like the one on the 1Link and Energy Bar 832. So, when a power supply is connected to the 1Link, you can now switch on and off a PMUP for ATO or a 24V DC solenoid valve."

New User
    Terence is there plans on having a backup battery for the COR pumps?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Once again, I strongly encourage everyone to read the original post. I spent a lot of time predicting what your questions might be. In this case:

"In addition to the four ports, we have decided to add a 24V DC Accessory port just like the one on the 1Link and Energy Bar 832. So, when a power supply is connected to the 1Link, you can now switch on and off a PMUP for ATO or a 24V DC solenoid valve."
    don't you mean when a power supply is connected to the fmm?
    Chad

Frequent Contributor
    Yes. Good catch. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Terence,

I'm very happy to hear about incoming support of AI hydra HD.. But only for new apex..

Here in europe the new apex is't available and i have the classic with a lot of expansion mudules in a my new rebuilt marine tank. (ph, orp, lsm, waw, vdm, eb6, a DIY energy bar that use variable ports to control...)

In alternative, Is planned a revision of the Old AWM module?

I think is not so difficult to integrate in the apex classic the support of AI fixtures, if its based on Fusion... The control of the new AI hydra is very easy, i think its not so resouce hungry it cannot be integrate in the "old" apex classic.

Now i control my apex and my 52 hd's without any problems, but the integration is the power of your product...

Frequent Contributor
    You are in luck, the new Apex will come soon to Europe!

Mhh,

Me and some people here, I think don't want to spend 1000 bucks only to integrate a web page in our controller...

I have no planning to upgrade my new classic only for AI support. I hope in a fw upgrade or in a new awm..

Frequent Contributor
    Unfortunately there will not be a new AWM. All control originates with the Apex at the local level. This includes controlling the AI lights. Apex Fusion will be the interface, but the control is done by the Apex.

Yes, of course..

But you must only interface with AI board, if you have the API I think isn't a problem integrate the functionality on classic fw too.

If not, no problem… Many HQI, T5 and LED lamps we are still use without Apex integration. But I hope you do a good job (and a miracle…)

NSI Member
    EcoTech Radion G4/G4-Pro Support: We demoed a Radion G4 being controlled at MACNA. This support has already been developed but there are some finishing touches still to do on it. We expect this to go out in an AOS update for new Apex first and then after that the firmware for Apex Classic. This will of course require an update to your WXM module firmware as well.
    Hi Terence,

Is there any chance that this could mean Vectra compatibility down the road? Or even better... Has Vectra compatibility been snuck into this firmware upgrade?

New User
    Is there the option to use another pump for this ato application like a diaphragm or parastalic pump in place. Or does it need the apex pump for integration.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Khh27 View Post
    Is there the option to use another pump for this ato application like a diaphragm or parastalic pump in place. Or does it need the apex pump for integration.
    Yes. Two options:

1. The FMM has a Neptune Systems DC24 port on it. We sell an adapter cable such that you could wire up your own 24VDC pump but it must draw no more than 30W.

2. Use an Energy Bar outlet to power any pumping/metering/solenoid based on the water level sensors.

New User
    Is there also going to be a solenoid coming out? i thought it was mentioned a while back.

New User
    I am very impressed! I hope you ship them Canada Quickly when they are out!

Frequent Visitor
    I think all you need is the 24VDC bare-wire accessory cable, and this:

https://www.amazon.com/DIGITEN-Solen...s=24v+solenoid

Frequent Visitor
    Love all the new innovations....

Quote Originally Posted by jlipnick View Post
    Is there also going to be a solenoid coming out? i thought it was mentioned a while back.
    Yeah, will the new solenoid be debuting at Reef-A-Palooza California?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by powers2001 View Post
    Yeah, will the new solenoid be debuting at Reef-A-Palooza California?
    does it even matter? they don't need to release a solenoid, it already exists:

buy these:

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-1LINK-DC.../dp/B01FE9Y73W
    https://www.amazon.com/DIGITEN-Solen.../dp/B00X6RAHMU

I would like to know about the debuting because Neptune puts it's own brand of unique features into every product they come up with. The answer to your question is yes, it does matter, because Neptune wouldn't come up with a plain jane solenoid, it just doesn't jive with the rest of their product lineup. So then, they don't need to come up with any product unless there is an advantage to it's connectivity with Apex.

Frequent Visitor
    For stuff driven off the 24vDC port, this is simply not the case. There is no extra magic there. This port is simply 24vDC, on or off. It's just 24volts. It's not the 1link port with smart control like the WAV/COR uses. There is nothing extra there, it's literally 24v volts. You can drive any pump, solenoid, you name it. I'm actually driving my under-the-stand LED lights from the 24vDC port right now as we speak.

If they do make one, it will be wrapped in a pretty plastic case and come pre-wired, and hopefully be made of decent components. I wouldn't be too upset if they don't make one though. There are plenty of 24v solenoids out there...

Regular Vistor
    Any updates on pricing or availability?

New User
    Any update on the COR

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there will not be a new AWM. All control originates with the Apex at the local level. This includes controlling the AI lights. Apex Fusion will be the interface, but the control is done by the Apex.
    So, i just upgraded my home system from the Apex Classic to the Apex (2016). My "fish room" is in my basement like yours, so does that mean that I won't be able to control my AI's in my living room due to distance limitations?

Frequent Contributor

MACNA 2016 Product Announcements

No, actually. With the AI HD lights, they use wifi to connect to your central home network. The Apex is connected to that same home network via wifi or it's wired Ethernet connection. The distance between the AI lights and the Apex is now irrelevant when it com s to controlling the HD versions.

Just to be clear, while we have this capability already running in alpha versions of the AOS, it has yet to be released into beta. We do not have a set date at this time for the release of this feature.

Ah, I see. I've currently have the non-HD on my frag tank. Didn't realize the HD version used your existing wifi network. Thanks for the quick reply.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast