Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMUP and Kalkwasser

If you already have the Sicce it can work temporarily for sure but don't expect your parameters to stay super consistent. The variances in pump start time, siphon breaking, pipe friction, and pump age will all effect the amount of saturated Kalk added to the tank and add variance to your parameters. If you notice parameter inconsistency get a high flow peristaltic pump (the DOS is perfect for this, but horrible when you consider price. Something like the BRS 50mL/min doser is better value for Kalk dosing).

If you already have the DOS, you could use that temporarily as well and I would keep it and eventually repurpose for automatic water change. Once you start doing AWC, you will never want to go back to manual changes. It's just too convenient.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok I get you. I saw somewhere tho the the brs para pump wears out pretty fast considering. Since it’s all plastic gears?
    Don’t think I’m able to do automatic water changes. I may be able to run a waste somewhere. But I can’t store salt water anywhere. But that’s a different conversation lol.

I figured I will start dos at 8.05 and shut off at 8.3. It will be a mixed reef system.
    And like I mentioned I will push water through the kalk stirrer. Drawing water from my ato tank. The ato tank is automatically filled from my ro system.
    How quiet is the 50ml para pump? I’m looking for quiet since it’s in m living room and noise bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia View Post
    Ok I get you. I saw somewhere tho the the brs para pump wears out pretty fast considering. Since it’s all plastic gears?
    Don’t think I’m able to do automatic water changes. I may be able to run a waste somewhere. But I can’t store salt water anywhere. But that’s a different conversation lol.

I figured I will start dos at 8.05 and shut off at 8.3. It will be a mixed reef system.
    And like I mentioned I will push water through the kalk stirrer. Drawing water from my ato tank. The ato tank is automatically filled from my ro system.
    How quiet is the 50ml para pump? I’m looking for quiet since it’s in m living room and noise bothers me
    It's as loud as the DOS at the default speed (when you press the prime button). The gears take a long time to wear out like 3 years if you're unlucky and got a dud. The tubing needs to be replaced from time to time just like the heads on the DOS, but that's like a once or twice a year sort of thing.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12