Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apex spontaneously COMPLETELY resets!

Regular Vistor
    I had the pleasure of experiencing this factory reset for no reason today as well. Logging a ticket now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did anything ever get resolved on this?

I ask because I had a factory reset occur on my Apex 2016 after a power cycle yesterday and all programing gone. Had to start from network setup all over again. That said, I was not nearly as ambitious this time around in setting up power outlets I am not yet using but now have probes that are no longer calibrated... Thankfully, the power cycle was my doing in order to move the Apex to its permanent home and only has lights and the probes going at the moment (did have DOS but have moved back to classic) as a way to test for a few weeks before I migrate from my classic.

On a side note, I too was experiencing the power failure alerts. As it turns out, if you use the wired network connection, you must disable wifi contrary to the get started guide or you will have network issues.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rlauer View Post
    Did anything ever get resolved on this?

I ask because I had a factory reset occur on my Apex 2016 after a power cycle yesterday and all programing gone. Had to start from network setup all over again. That said, I was not nearly as ambitious this time around in setting up power outlets I am not yet using but now have probes that are no longer calibrated... Thankfully, the power cycle was my doing in order to move the Apex to its permanent home and only has lights and the probes going at the moment (did have DOS but have moved back to classic) as a way to test for a few weeks before I migrate from my classic.

On a side note, I too was experiencing the power failure alerts. As it turns out, if you use the wired network connection, you must disable wifi contrary to the get started guide or you will have network issues.
    Have you created a support ticket with this issue?
    Jon

I did create a support ticket on Sunday 12/11 but have only been asked to check for special characters and provide 4 pieces of info which I did. No special characters and 4 files sent to support. In response, I was told "There's plenty of , written by you, items in here" which included a screen shot showing the few changes I made and a whole lot of the default items like the 4 "Varspd" entries, "SndWarn", "EmailAlm", etc. This was partially my fault for not telling the rep that in addition to re-configuring the network and adding to fusion again, I had also reconfigured 2 light outlets and UV so I didn't have to move them back to my Classic and could continue the testing. Was a little surprised that the default items were among those highlighted in the screen shot insinuating that I had created them...

Hoping to hear back from support (who has always been awesome to date) today again and will post any findings that may be of use.

Heard back from Neptune Support a bit ago and going to be sending the base unit back for an exchange. With any luck, the new base unit will be the fix!

Heard back from Neptune Support a bit ago and going to be sending the base unit back for an exchange. With any luck, the new base unit will be the fix!
    Will they send you the replacement unit first and then you will have to send them your old unit back? I'm curious what is their standard procedure in cases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rsucre View Post
    Will they send you the replacement unit first and then you will have to send them your old unit back? I'm curious what is their standard procedure in cases like this.
    They are cross shipping which seems to be the norm based on what I have seen here in the forum. They are also covering the cost of shipping both ways however, do ask for a deposit on the replacement unit before cross shipping which is refunded when they get the faulty unit back. It only takes a few dishonest people to make a pretty big impact to the bottom line for a small company so understand the need for the deposit.

OK, sounds fair. I'm new to Neptune Apex and a little concerned now about how frequently this things get broken and need to be sent to Neptune.
    They are cross shipping which seems to be the norm based on what I have seen here in the forum. They are also covering the cost of shipping both ways however, do ask for a deposit on the replacement unit before cross shipping which is refunded when they get the faulty unit back. It only takes a few dishonest people to make a pretty big impact to the bottom line for a small company so understand the need for the deposit.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice the weird dates there: 1970, 1968...

Quote Originally Posted by baken23 View Post
    Mine was that couple days too and I got message from miday but date is something wrong.Attachment 6282

This looks like what mine was doing when I had both Wired and Wireless networks active. The network was dropping not the power. You can only use one or the other contrary to the setup guide. If this is not the case, I would raise a support ticket with Neptune. They are very responsive and happy to help.

With regard to issues, with a new product it is to be expected. If you are looking for bullet proof, the classic will give you that. I have not had any issues with my classic in 2 1/2 years but was eager to get the new model to be ready for some of the new things Neptune has planned.

New head unit received quickly and up and running after the firmware update. I have been putting the new head unit through its paces with various configuration updates / changes, simulated network failures, power failures, etc. and all seems to be well. Will provide an update here if there are any further issues but at this point calling this one closed although I would be curious as to what the issue was. On the off chance I am told what the problem was, I will also take the time to provide an update.

Thanks to Jon over at Neptune for quickly authorizing the RMA!

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    Have you created a support ticket with this issue?
    Jon, I opened a ticket but responses are very slow, usually takes a day to respond and I feel like we are not doing anything in order to get to the bottom of it.

Mine is doing the same.. I will have to open a ticket..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

New User
    Just encountered a spontaneous full reset, thank goodness I wasn't out on travel or it could have been catastrophic. LED lights were blinking and my kalk doser was running continuously. Fusion showed the Apex was disconnected, and the LED on the Apex was blue (for setup mode), so I connected to the wifi network broadcasted by the Apex to start correcting everything. All my old schemes and profiles are gone and unrecoverable.

I am incredulous this could happen and quickly found this thread. Logged a ticket to support, keeping my fingers crossed this is a one-off incident...

Frequent Visitor
    Bummer that happened to you. I really wonder what condition exposes a firmware bug exposes factory reset. Clearly enough people have seen it that it does occur. So much nastier than a simple crash and restart. I bet Apex will have a firmware upgrade for you to use. Hope it works out

Same problem for me. already discussed on this thread:

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ile-I-was-away

I have bought a completely New Apex Jr. and the problem persisted!! Support said all modules are ok, and got to be the computer, but even replacing it with anew one didn't solve the problem. I am going on vacation oversea for 4 weeks, so you can imagine my state of ind right now... still trying to solve the problem, tried everything and I don't know what else to do!

Hey guys, just wondering: how are you connected to the web? Via wireless with a wireless bridge or via Ethernet cable?

New User
    So have the only fixes been replacements? My 2016 Apex has had 134 "Power Issues" in the past 24 hours. All the apex lights go off, EB832, Main unit and my couple of modules along with my WAV pumps. Power comes right back on and everything returns to normal. It might run 1 hour or it might run 30 seconds and does it all again. Of course im working the night shift and its 4th of July weekend so probably wont get to talk to support until Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Okreefer View Post
    So have the only fixes been replacements? My 2016 Apex has had 134 "Power Issues" in the past 24 hours. All the apex lights go off, EB832, Main unit and my couple of modules along with my WAV pumps. Power comes right back on and everything returns to normal. It might run 1 hour or it might run 30 seconds and does it all again. Of course im working the night shift and its 4th of July weekend so probably wont get to talk to support until Wednesday.
    Most of the time those problems can actually be solved just by updating the firmware. When it gets corrupted it can often show similar signs to hardware failure.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

As I said above, even by replacing the whole Apex main unit didn't fix the problem for me, so for me it hasn't been an hardware nor firmware issue. Something else is wrong. The problem is still happening randomly every 2-3 days, or multiple times a day. Random. My only guess is that the problem is network related, and possibly due to the ethernet-wifi bridge I am using. I am currently on vacation, and as soon as I get back home I'll replace that device as well. Anyone else having this problem is using a ethernet-wifi bridge?

It's possible the bridge is the problem. There have been a few times that I've heard a failed router/adaptor would make the apex reset due to the protective circuits inside the apex.

Do you have port forwarding to the Apex in your router?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    No I don't have port forwarding to my apex and I never have. It has ran fine until yesterday. How can I do a firmware update if it's already up to date??

New User
    This is crazy, I have no ATO, no heater controller, no power heads. I feel completely helpless with this thing down. And no way to work with support on it until Wednesday was the last email I got. I understand it's a holiday weekend but, I have a pretty good chunk of change in apex gear and have never had any issues until now and can't get any help with them. The unit is currently shutting completely down and restarting every 15 seconds now. It won't even stay running long enough for me to do a hard reset and start from scratch.

Try this...remove the Ethernet connection completely from The apex. Does it still reboot on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Do you have port forwarding to the Apex in your router?
    I do have port forwarding to the Apex, so I can control it from outside.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast