Thread: Pmup power

Frequent Visitor

Pmup power

Is there a power supply for this yet? Other than the new power bar or 1link.

No, there is not.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok, thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    satwateraquarium.com now has the pmup with the power supply in stock. Does anyone know if power supply just plugs into the 1 link pmup then into the wall? That way it can be used with either 1link or wall outlet.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks will check it out.
    I would believe the power supply would replace the 1link. Then you just use a open outlet on you eb8, eb4 or eb832

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    I just looked and it appears that is what they say. It appears there is a power supply and no apex would be needed. I wasn't aware of that as I understood you needed a 24v connection. Either a 1link or the eb832 outputs.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Pastelball View Post
    Thanks will check it out.
    I would believe the power supply would replace the 1link. Then you just use a open outlet on you eb8, eb4 or eb832
    If you have a 1LINK, you most likely need it for your WAVs so the PMUP power supply would not replace that 1LINK. You'd just use a 1LINK ACC port for the PMUP. It really wouldn't make much sense to use an EB AC outlet in this case.

Similarly, if you have an EB832 with an open ACC/DC24 port, you'd use that for the PMUP.

The only cases where you plug in the PMUP power supply to an EnergyBar AC outlet:

- if you do not have a 1LINK or EB832
    - if you have a 1LINK or EB832 and have already used both ACC ports on it.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes. talking about the pmup not the wavs. I don't have a one link so I does make sense to use the power supply on the open outlet.

Regular Vistor
    As I understood it this was a stand alone product. As would be the COR.

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    satwateraquarium.com now has the pmup with the power supply in stock. Does anyone know if power supply just plugs into the 1 link pmup then into the wall? That way it can be used with either 1link or wall outlet.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    You can get the pmup with a power supply for an additional cost or simply with the 1link connection if you are so equipped to be able to connect it via the eb832/1link module etc. The Cor, although not official is said to have two version which will be a Cor 15 which is 1link connection only and the Cor 20 which will can be a stand alone product. There are also some other differences between the two pumps IIRC such as the 20 had a higher GPH, if you want the specifics there are some good videos on it from MACNA.
    Chad

The PMUP is not a 1LINK device. 1LINK ports have 4-pin connectors. A PMUP has a 2-pin connector and connects to the DC24 ACC ports on a 1LINK module, EB832, or FMM.

There are two PMUP SKUs: PMUP & PMUP-T

The basic PMUP comes with just the pump; this SKU is for use by people who have an Apex system with a 1LINK module or EB832 and have an available DC24 port.

The PMUP-T includes a power supply which has a DC24 2-pin connector. Because it comes with a suitable small power supply, it is for 3 types of customers:

1. Those Apex owners who have an EB832 or 1LINK module but who have already used the DC24 ports
    2. Those Apex owners who do not have any modules equipped with DC24 ports
    3. Customers who do not have an Apex system.

Frequent Visitor
    Before I buy this. I only have an Apex Classic system. But can I run this pump from the 1link ports that feature on the DOS instead of buying the 1link module?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyenv View Post
    Before I buy this. I only have an Apex Classic system. But can I run this pump from the 1link ports that feature on the DOS instead of buying the 1link module?
    No; the DOS does not have a DC24 port.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    No; the DOS does not have a DC24 port.
    Ah crap. Thats just put the price up quite significantly!

Frequent Visitor
    You can buy the pmup with the power supply for an extra $10.00 and not have to buy a one link. But, you do need a open outlet on your eb4 or eb8'

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The PMUP is not a 1LINK device. 1LINK ports have 4-pin connectors. A PMUP has a 2-pin connector and connects to the DC24 ACC ports on a 1LINK module, EB832, or FMM.

There are two PMUP SKUs: PMUP & PMUP-T

The basic PMUP comes with just the pump; this SKU is for use by people who have an Apex system with a 1LINK module or EB832 and have an available DC24 port.

The PMUP-T includes a power supply which has a DC24 2-pin connector. Because it comes with a suitable small power supply, it is for 3 types of customers:

1. Those Apex owners who have an EB832 or 1LINK module but who have already used the DC24 ports
    2. Those Apex owners who do not have any modules equipped with DC24 ports
    3. Customers who do not have an Apex system.
    Wish I read this first. I have a PMUP on the way and no where to plug it in. I assumed PMUP uses a 1link connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles0dxb View Post
    Wish I read this first. I have a PMUP on the way and no where to plug it in. I assumed PMUP uses a 1link connector.

What do you have plugged into your DC24 ports on your 1Link?

Frequent Visitor
    I have the UK version powerbar with no 24V ports. The only 1link port is on the DOS. There is also a 24V port on the FMM used for the solenoid valve.