Thread: dos pump one will not stop

New User

dos pump one will not stop

I have a basic program to use 50 ml a day for 2 part and pump one somehow will not shut off. I have to hit the button on the front to stop it.
    Any idea what is going on?
    2016-10-08 (1).png

Check that the outlet slider is in AUTO, not ON.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    its on auto

2016-10-08 (3).png

New User
    Well I returned the first Dos and got a new one. This new one also had a bad switch and dumped over a liter of soda ash into my tank and it looks horrible.
    Are there possible problems at the manufacturing plant?
    I'm trying one last time by ordering one from Bulk Reef Supply as they are a reputable dealer. The other two I ordered from Amazon dealers.

Regular Vistor
    I would add a line of programming to the alk pump so that it shuts off If pH >8.5 (or whatever magic number you 'd like). I would hope this would override the malfunction. Keep us posted. Reading about a lot of equipment issues tonight.

Frequent Visitor
    I have had trouble with the DOS, very similar to yours. First unit was dosing unevenly and eventually did dump a whole 1-part of 2-part into my tank. Sent unit back, Neptune reported it as "water damage". Offered $99 repair. Eventually sent me a refurbished unit. This unit after a short period of time was showing same uneven dosing behavior. This happened with my old Apex controller as well as new 2016 controller. I ran multiple tests and carefully measured, but there was no pattern to explain the uneven dosing. It was reporting even dosing between both pumps but one fluid container had less fluid. I checked for all the usual suspects, kinks in tubing, accidental siphoning due to sump water level, etc...
    Just sent second unit back and this time it is also due to water damage but $250 to repair. I have tried to keep my entire system as APEX centric as possible but I think I cannot risk using the Apex DOS anymore. IMG_9998.jpg
    The top shelf was where the DOS unit was kept, should have been far enough away from experiencing water damage.

New User
    That is unbelievable that they wouldn't stand behind their product. It is meant to pump fluids and they are saying they won't cover water damage?