Thread: Tunze Osmolator

New User

Tunze Osmolator

Hi, I just recently hooked up a Tunze Osmolator to my apex (If only the Apex ATO is available already )

I have ready in some threads that the Tunze dumps water (15 secs, 3 secs, 1 min etc.) regardless of the state of the floatswitch as a test for the pump that Tunze created (bad idea imo).

My problem is I want to turn off the tunze everytime I am on feed mode so the alarm (water too high) won't sound off - although you can turn this off but it is good to have that feature if in case there really is a problem.

I can't seem to bypass that "prime" regardless of the defer time (I tried 5 mins to 30 mins) my tank is just 50 gals and it can't handle additional top off other than for evap rate.

I'm all out of ideas now, if there is no workaround I's rather have an annoing sound that having the tunze dump water everytime it turns off and on.

Any help/feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    what about disabling hi level alarm on tunze & use a float thru the apex bob for high level alarm that you could disable during feed mode

Frequent Visitor
    Unfortunately there is no way the Apex can control a tunze, other than turning the outlet on and off.

Also if you can explain why something happens, it comes on to test the pump, it is a feature, not a bug.

That is why I got an Avast top off solution that was only a switch that opens when more water is needed. The switch is attached to a BOB, along with a switch for low and hight sump water as a backup. Then get a pump, I got the Avast cause my water is in the basement and I need to lift it 10 feet, and control that with an EB outlet. You can go wild with code to control adding water then.

I have 10 reasons to stop the ATO, including my return pump being off, running out of top off water, running too long, etc. and I can control them exactly, too long is 3 min and not adjust a potentiometer to get about 3 min. (I'm a bit anal)

Regular Vistor
    I am having the same issue with my Tunze. Problem is, they are not designed to be cycled on and off all the time. I believe I fried my optical sensor this way so now I need a new one. What I think I will do is just mount the float switch on another magnet slightly above the waterline when the system is in feed mode. I have never had an issue with the siphoning issue they were designed for in the first place.