Thread: Aqua Medic x.1 ecodrift control

Regular Vistor

Aqua Medic x.1 ecodrift control

Hi,

Firstly I an very new to the apex world and unlike many of you I an using my new apex on a freshwater tank (please don't shoot me). The tank is new along with all the equipment and is being setup for discus and part of my build is two aqua medic 8.1 circulation pumps. Having received the pumps I see that they sell a wireless controller which plugs into the main control panel and you can wirelessly control two pumps. However it mentions that they use 0-10v control. So this is where I became interested, I don't want to use another controller when I have the apex. Does anyone know if the aqua medic can use the apex vari speed port to control the pumps. If they can I can make a split rj45 to two power connectors and plug in my two pumps to one port. As they appear to be 0-10v control I assume no need for resistors to spilt voltage aka jebao pumps.

Can someone tell me if I an missing something or over simplifying it?

Regards

Paul

Regular Vistor
    I may have answered my own question, the manual reads that you can by a wireless control panel and control 2 of the x.1 pumps from that or use the 0-10v socket which is on the side of the unit for external control. It doesn't say any more than that but I have purchased 2 x 1.3mm/3.45mm dc power plugs from Maplin and will make up a lead to test in the next few days.

Might need some help with programming as I am a newb but have an idea of what I need to do, basically no waves just low flow at night, normal during the day and fast before water changes.

I'll post the results if anyone is interested?

Cheers

Paul.

Regular Vistor
    I have just tried the eco drift 8.1's having built a cable to plug into the variable speed port and I am leased to say that they are working as per the profiles I created. When the lead is plugged into the controller of the pump it appears to take precedence over the front panel and the profile runs.

New User
    Hi Paul, Please can you post pics and a full explanation of how you connected the Ecos to the Apex as I am in a similar situation.

Regular Vistor
    Hi sorry been away for a bit.

I built a cable myself using cat3 telephone cable. Basically putting two cables into one RJ45 connector so you end up with 4 wires in one cable which you use 2 and the same with the other cable. I then found a post with the following detail and soldered the plugs I bought from maplin to the correct wires with the positive going to the centre and ground to the outer.

The female RJ45 receptacle on the Apex controller when you look at it, has the tab UP. When oriented this way, Neptune's pinout of 3/4 and 7/8 is correct if you count from left to right, 1 - 8. However, this is not the industry accepted numbering of an RJ45 plug or receptacle. This has created a lot of confusion in the past.

Industry norm always has the plug or receptacle with the tab DOWN. That's the orientation you'll see in the User Guide and on any pictures of RJ45 pinouts. When you look at it that way, then the pinout is 1/2 and 5/6. The pin count for the receptacle goes 1 - 8, left to right, tab down. For the male RJ45 plug, it's 8 - 1, left to right, tab down.

Just keep in mind the pin numbering is 100% dependent on the orientation of the connector. Never use one without knowing the other.

One thing to remember is that the profile will operate at 35% and above below this the pump stops and doesn't restart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk