Thread: remove old EB8 from fusion

Regular Vistor

remove old EB8 from fusion

thank you for your help!

i had an EB8 die so i replaced with new one. however, Fusion still shows the outlets from the old EB8 and i get email notifications of power outage regarding the old EB8. how do i remove the old EB8/outlets from fusion?

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by mathman7728 View Post
    thank you for your help!

i had an EB8 die so i replaced with new one. however, Fusion still shows the outlets from the old EB8 and i get email notifications of power outage regarding the old EB8. how do i remove the old EB8/outlets from fusion?
    Delete the old EB8 module from your Apex using the classic dashboard or display and it then will be removed from Fusion after Fusion gets an update of the Apex status.
    Jon

Regular Vistor
    interesting thing is when using the display the old EB8 doesnt show up but fusion still shows all the outlets, etc.

Regular Vistor
    I have the same problem. The old module is deleted from my display and Web login interface but remains present in Fusion.

I have tried rebooting the Apex but that does not solve it.

Is there no way to clean this up within Fusion??

New User
    I'm having the same problem

Frequent Visitor
    Fusion does sometimes take a while to catch up. If you have confirmed that the module has been deleted from the system via Apex Classic Interface > Configuration > Modules, then you can manually delete the outlets from the Classic Interface as well. If that is all done and still does not work, in Fusion, click the Lock Icon in the upper right of the dashboard interface; it will read "Tiles" when you mouseover it. This allows you to modify the dashboard. Just swipe the unwanted outlets to the top box; this is basically your trash can. The outlets will remain here for future use or until Fusion has finally realized that you deleted them and they no longer exist.

New User
    Thanks but that's the problem I can't delete them or a break out box from the lock screen. There has to be a better way than just move them out of sight.

Regular Vistor
    It ended up working for me IronVulture.

Go to dashboard.

Click on the lock in the upper right.

All of your outlets will kind of flash with an "x" on the left.

Click the "x" on the outlets to be removed (so for an EB8 there will likely be 8). They will jump to the box above.

Click the lock to re-lock. Then sign out and sign back in. They should be gone from your dashboard.

New User
    I can easily remove them from the dashboard to the lock screen. Maybe I wasn't clear before. I want to delete them from the lock screen.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by IronVulture View Post
    I can easily remove them from the dashboard to the lock screen. Maybe I wasn't clear before. I want to delete them from the lock screen.
    This is covered in the first two sentences of my response above.

Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    Fusion does sometimes take a while to catch up. If you have confirmed that the module has been deleted from the system via Apex Classic Interface > Configuration > Modules, then you can manually delete the outlets from the Classic Interface as well. If that is all done and still does not work, in Fusion, click the Lock Icon in the upper right of the dashboard interface; it will read "Tiles" when you mouseover it. This allows you to modify the dashboard. Just swipe the unwanted outlets to the top box; this is basically your trash can. The outlets will remain here for future use or until Fusion has finally realized that you deleted them and they no longer exist.

New User
    I'm not sure how long a while is. I replaced and deleted the eb8 more than 3 months ago and it is still in my lock screen. The break out box that is still in my lock screen has been there for over a year.

Frequent Visitor
    I don't know either regarding the EB8. That is why I recommended moving the outlets as I and @ostrow both recommended. There are not other options I am aware of. I agree it's not the way it should work, but I have not been secretive here on my disappointments with Fusion or the new Apex unit.

The breakout box is another story and really a misunderstanding. The breakout box is not a device or a module and cannot be deleted....because it does not exist in Fusion. The breakout box is just an adapter. What you are seeing in Fusion is the 6 switches that are in your base unit. These switches exist whether you have/use the breakout box or not. In fact you do not need a breakout box to use these switches, you can just wire them up directly and is what we used to do before breakout boxes existed. I do not have a breakout box hooked up nor do I use my switches currently, and yet on my dashboard are 6 open switches. Again as above, you are free to move anything you do not want to use by unlocking the tiles. I prefer to keep mine on the dashboard as a reminder that I have a breakout box still packaged in the garage and that I still need to order my float valves to wire it all up.

New User
    That's cool thanks for your help. It's really only an issue for me when I install something new and I have look through all the extra stuff in my lock screen.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by clsanchez77 View Post
    I agree it's not the way it should work, but I have not been secretive here on my disappointments with Fusion or the new Apex unit.
    I'm disappointed with the lack of input from Neptune either here or on RC. I started another thread (here under Apex Classic) that is kind of a big deal that they have ignored, both on this forum and others. Not sure how to proceed, really.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ostrow View Post
    I'm disappointed with the lack of input from Neptune either here or on RC. I started another thread (here under Apex Classic) that is kind of a big deal that they have ignored, both on this forum and others. Not sure how to proceed, really.
    Yep, you're not in that boat alone. Neptune does not seem to offer support through their board, only through support tickets, they should do a better job making that clear on this forum.