Thread: Can't get to configuration....

NSI Member

Can't get to configuration....

Well again, I am unable to configure my Apex using the IP address. I have had this issue ever since inception. I get a spinning orange circle for 20 minutes and nothing happens. I am able to see my dashboard but when I click on Modules or anything else I get a spinning circle. I have cleared the cache, rebooted the computer, rebooted the apex, and reset the webpages. I have 2 APEX units and the same thing happens on both. Please help. I am using Safari and have used IE and Edge and Firefox. It doesn't matter.

Do you have another device (laptop/tablet/etc) you could try to eliminate your computer as the issue? If it's happening on both then it's likely either your computer or something with a switch/router on your network.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by demariners View Post
    Well again, I am unable to configure my Apex using the IP address. I have had this issue ever since inception. I get a spinning orange circle for 20 minutes and nothing happens. I am able to see my dashboard but when I click on Modules or anything else I get a spinning circle. I have cleared the cache, rebooted the computer, rebooted the apex, and reset the webpages. I have 2 APEX units and the same thing happens on both. Please help. I am using Safari and have used IE and Edge and Firefox. It doesn't matter.
    Yes safari had an update and it does not play nice, you can normally see just the Dashboard but if you click on any of the Tabs you just get the spinning circle. Use Chrome of FireFox and you should be fine.
    Jon

New User
    I have been having this same issue. Progressive with all devices over the last few months. First my Mac (safari) stopped working, then android phone ( it wouldn't let me even click on buttons in dashboard). I was having to use my iPad, which would work every time up until a few days ago. Started getting the circle of death. Just tried it with chrome on my Mac and works perfectly . Thanks for the info!!

Frequent Visitor
    I'm sure the majority of Apex users are Windows or Android users but I still hope that Neptune Systems is still pursuing troubleshooting this issue as it appears to be common now for the entire Mac/iOS ecosystem since the mobile and desktop web engines are so similar. It would be frustrating to have no options remaining for reliable access. Chrome on iOS is also not working consistently for me at this point either.

New User
    I just tried again on Android phone. Did the long press on configuration, open in new tab, new tab pulls up, then I was able to access the configuration drop down and change settings.

I bought an iPad years ago for the sole purpose of using it for my Apex Jr. At that time there was only an iOS app no Android.

Frequent Visitor
    Open in new tab in Safari on iOS also worked. Thanks for the trick!