Thread: wavs missing

Regular Vistor

wavs missing

3 of my wavs have gone "missing". I have check the connections, disconnected and reconnected the link1 module. I have reinstalled the link1 firmware but still nothing. What do I do next?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Try this: I am assuming your apex is up to date with the latest firmware.

1. Disconnect the 1link module from the apex and the WAVS from the 1link.
    2. Go into the module setup page and delete the 1link and the wav modules.
    3. Reboot the apex and wait for about 1 minute or so for a complete reboot
    4. Go into the module setup page and verify that the 1link and the wav's don't appear as modules.
    5. Reconnect the 1link and make sure it shows up in the module setup screen.
    6. Update the 1link firmware without the wav's attached even if you have already updated the 1link
    7. Now, one at a time connect each wav and make sure it shows up as a module in the module setup and update each of their firmware, one at a time.
    8. Do this for the other 2 wav's.
    9. If it works, great. If not then I would contact Neptune Tech Support.
    Chad

New User
    I have seen several threads like this with these instructions..
    ...I have this problem, tried the solution, and it did not work.

Has anyone had success making the WAV reappear? I see no responses indication the did.

Quote Originally Posted by mlevitz View Post
    I have seen several threads like this with these instructions..
    ...I have this problem, tried the solution, and it did not work.

Has anyone had success making the WAV reappear? I see no responses indication the did.
    Then I would suggest you follow the directions in step #9 and contact NS Support.
    Chad

New User
    I did and they helped...

control freak wantabe
    I did and they helped...
    What did they do to help? Is it something we, as users, can do?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by woodnaquanut View Post
    What did they do to help? Is it something we, as users, can do?
    My problem was solved by making sure the power was connected proper... ... my power brick had a loose connection to the 110v cord.. the link one will look like it has power when connected via the usb cord (and show connected) but if the brick is not connect right the pumps will not show up....

I went thru the steps and called and felt like a Dumb@$$ when I noticed the real problem... But support was great.. don't hesitate to contact them.

control freak wantabe
    Thanks for the quick reply. I went back and checked the brick and it is just fine. Time for tech support!

control freak wantabe
    But support was great.. don't hesitate to contact them.
    I have a different opinion. Support via email is, for the end user, the most inefficient way to get any support. I fill out a support ticket, hours or a day later get one suggestion or request for more info. I send that and wait another day. The next response is less than informative. A poorly written request to clean the pump. Well if they had asked that the first time I could have saved at least one day.

I'm sure this is the least expensive way for Neptune to provide support. It is not, at least for this user, a good experience. One five minute phone conversation or text 'chat' could have lead to the same result, returning the pump to Neptune.

Regular Vistor
    Having same issue. Not real happy with the quality of product given the original cost. I have already Head to swap out Head unit and now these wav's pumps won't come back on after cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by drhead0 View Post
    Having same issue. Not real happy with the quality of product given the original cost. I have already Head to swap out Head unit and now these wav's pumps won't come back on after cleaning.
    I replied in the other cross post that you made. Start a new thread with as many specifics as you can.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    I have read multiple threads on this and they usually start with plug your 1link into a wall outlet and end with call tech support. So I called tech support. They said make sure your one link is plugged into the wall. I have a 2016 version Apex that does not have the need for a 1 link my waves are plugged directly into my eb8. So just to reiterate what the last guy said. For what I paid for this system not real happy with community forum tech support.

For what I paid for this system not real happy with community forum tech support.
    The forum is not Neptune employees, but volunteers who feel like helping other people.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Neptune community is run by hobbyists who are willing to take their free time to help people out. It may seem like some of the members are part of Neptune because they are so knowledgeable. Official support is done through their support pages and email. Feel free to contact customer support via their website.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

Regular Vistor
    Exactly my point.

Regular Vistor
    Not a fan of the business model. Pushing customers to a website as opposed to providing convenient access able tech support. If the product is quality should have to have a huge work force of tech support.

Not a fan of the business model. Pushing customers to a website as opposed to providing convenient access able tech support. If the product is quality should have to have a huge work force of tech support.
    I typed and re typed a reply a dozen times. I will leave it at this though. This forum openly states they are not connected with Apex, much like the Facebook page. Pretty sure you even need to acknowledge that while signing up.

You want convenient access to tech support? It is as easy as sending them an email like the majority of every company out there.

Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

Quote Originally Posted by Torx View Post
    You want convenient access to tech support? It is as easy as sending them an email like the majority of every company out there.

The big problem with Neptune support is they are only available during weekdays. Our tanks run 24 x 7 and having to wait for support (especially on weekends) can cause undo stress and even possible death to tank inhabitants. Also a lot of us are not at home during the hours when support is available be able to work on our tanks. I have suggested in the past that Neptune consider offering a "Platinum Support" package where for a minimal price you get access to a special 24 x 7 support hot line. That way if your Apex crashes Saturday evening you don't have to wait until Monday morning (and possibly have to take a day off from work) to call support.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    The big problem with Neptune support is they are only available during weekdays. Our tanks run 24 x 7 and having to wait for support (especially on weekends) can cause undo stress and even possible death to tank inhabitants.
    I have gotten responses back from support at like 9pm on a Saturday or Sunday before. You can very often get responses outside normal business hours.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I have gotten responses back from support at like 9pm on a Saturday or Sunday before. You can very often get responses outside normal business hours.

Did not pay for premium hardware to now have to deal with tech support. I have replaced a faulty Head unit and now a powerhead. My time is better spent doing other things. I am sure this forum is great for discussion of hardware functionality and such. I choose to not do that. Just want my expensive hardware to work. If many others are also having issues I feel it necessary to warn future consumers. Maybe this information will be a warning to buy alternative hardware.

Did not pay for premium hardware to now have to deal with tech support. I have replaced a faulty Head unit and now a powerhead. My time is better spent doing other things. I am sure this forum is great for discussion of hardware functionality and such. I choose to not do that. Just want my expensive hardware to work. If many others are also having issues I feel it necessary to warn future consumers. Maybe this information will be a warning to buy alternative hardware.
    Seriously, it's actually pretty darn good support compared to similar products. I have to deal with monday-friday tech support for protective relays in my job and if the wrong one goes down, entire cities can lose power and destroy millions of dollars worth of equipment. You will not get 24/7 tech support from any aquarium related product I have ever seen. If you want and expect any level of service that extensive, you're gonna have to hire an aquarium maintenance company

Regular Vistor
    [QUOTE=zombie;144019]Seriously, it's actually pretty darn good support compared to similar products. I have to deal with monday-friday tech support for protective relays in my job and if the wrong one goes down, entire cities can lose power and destroy millions of dollars worth of equipment. You will not get 24/7 tech support from any aquarium related product I have ever seen. If you want and expect any level of service that extensive, you're gonna have to hire an aquarium maintenance company

In my field if equipment fails soldiers, sailors and civilians die. Therefore I design and build durable equipment. I understand quality comes with a cost. I thought thought I was paying a premium price for quality. I don't want tech support, I wanted a better poduct. Thanks for helping me keep this thread going.

Regular Vistor
    My goal is not to get better tech sopport. The purpose is to raise awareness and see if there are others having similar issues. If so other consumers can be warned and the free market will drive change. Loss of sales will convince the manufacturer of any product to focus on their product quality and not tech support. Statistically my failures may be small compared to overall production

Regular Vistor
    Update: Even though unit was past warranty they did replace it with a new unit. Did not say what was wrong with malfunctioning unit. Happy with tech support and customer service. Disappointed with product quality.

The power cord was it. Such a poor connection between the wire and brick.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk