Thread: Amazon Fire display questions

Frequent Visitor

Amazon Fire display questions

I don't know if I am placing this on the correct forum, but I had some questions concerning the use of the amazon fire tablet to be used as a dedicated display.

I used the video and everything worked well, except that the display or dolphin browser will open and show the apex home screen, then after a few minutes it pops back to the amazon fire home screen, the one that shows all the amazon apps

in order for me to use the display again I have to open the already active dolphin app to see the Apex home control screen.

is there a way to make it so the display will always show the dolphin apex screen?.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    that was the video I was referring to, it doesn't speak on the issue I am having. the screen is staying on all the time, thats not the issue, this issue is that the dolphin browser screen which connects to apex only stays open for a few minutes and will defualt back to the amazon fire home screen.

Wondering if anyone found a fix for Dolphin closing after a few hours? It always goes back to the home screen. I have the display set to not go to sleep and I have it plugged in all the time. In the dolphin settings I even have "keep screen on" but that hasn't changed anything.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by eschulist View Post
    Wondering if anyone found a fix for Dolphin closing after a few hours? It always goes back to the home screen. I have the display set to not go to sleep and I have it plugged in all the time. In the dolphin settings I even have "keep screen on" but that hasn't changed anything.
    I'm in the same boat. My Fire used to stay open on my Fusion page for weeks on end but in the last few months it will close Fusion and revert to the Fire home page at least once a day, sometimes more.
    When this happens have to reopen the Dolphin browser and reload Fusion. It can get a little annoying at times.

Posted this in the Fire Tablet Thread but this directly fixed the issue I had with Dolphin and wanted to share.

I've been running the Fire with Dolphin for awhile and after awhile it has started to annoy me. I have developer options enabled as well as various settings configured inside Dolphin but it still boots me back to the home screen after awhile. I often have to reopen the browser and relog back into Fusion. This becomes frustrating when I want to very quickly turn off a piece of equipment or start a feed mode.

Last night I spent a few hours digging around Dolphin and alternative browsers. None seemed to keep the page open or dashboard information current. Then I discovered Kiosk Apps. These are designed for this very specific purpose of keeping a webpage open all the time, in full screen, with locked buttons and features so it stays on the Fusion webpage.

The one I ended up going with was "Fully Kiosk Browser Lockdown". There are others that would probably work better but many of them required a monthly subscription or are very pricey to unlock the best features. This app is free if you just want the browser to be full screen and on 24/7.

I however spent $6 to unlock the "pro" features without a watermark. You can run the pro features to at least see if they are worth it to you with a watermark. The ones I really like are the ability to turn the display off when I know Im never going to be looking at it, and motion activation. The display is essentially asleep in a screen saver mode all the time, but as soon as I walk in front of the tablet or wave my hand the Fusion Dashboard immediately turns on allowing me to quickly access the features I need. After it detects no movement for a minute (amount of time is configurable by you) it goes back to screen saver mode (black, or another website entirely)

There are lots of other Kiosk type features to completely lock the tablet down so it can't be used for anything else if thats important to you.

http://www.ozerov.de/fully-kiosk-browser/ Open this page on your Fire Tablet and click and hold the APK download link. You want to make sure you are downloading the APK itself and not the zip the browser wants to download for you. Once its downloaded open the App and insert www.apexfusion.com as your starting URL. Swipe from left to right on the left part of the screen to access all of your options.

I am in no way affiliated with this App or website but it has worked great for me and just wanted to share.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by eschulist View Post
    Posted this in the Fire Tablet Thread but this directly fixed the issue I had with Dolphin and wanted to share.

I've been running the Fire with Dolphin for awhile and after awhile it has started to annoy me. I have developer options enabled as well as various settings configured inside Dolphin but it still boots me back to the home screen after awhile. I often have to reopen the browser and relog back into Fusion. This becomes frustrating when I want to very quickly turn off a piece of equipment or start a feed mode.

Last night I spent a few hours digging around Dolphin and alternative browsers. None seemed to keep the page open or dashboard information current. Then I discovered Kiosk Apps. These are designed for this very specific purpose of keeping a webpage open all the time, in full screen, with locked buttons and features so it stays on the Fusion webpage.

The one I ended up going with was "Fully Kiosk Browser Lockdown". There are others that would probably work better but many of them required a monthly subscription or are very pricey to unlock the best features. This app is free if you just want the browser to be full screen and on 24/7.

I however spent $6 to unlock the "pro" features without a watermark. You can run the pro features to at least see if they are worth it to you with a watermark. The ones I really like are the ability to turn the display off when I know Im never going to be looking at it, and motion activation. The display is essentially asleep in a screen saver mode all the time, but as soon as I walk in front of the tablet or wave my hand the Fusion Dashboard immediately turns on allowing me to quickly access the features I need. After it detects no movement for a minute (amount of time is configurable by you) it goes back to screen saver mode (black, or another website entirely)

There are lots of other Kiosk type features to completely lock the tablet down so it can't be used for anything else if thats important to you.

http://www.ozerov.de/fully-kiosk-browser/ Open this page on your Fire Tablet and click and hold the APK download link. You want to make sure you are downloading the APK itself and not the zip the browser wants to download for you. Once its downloaded open the App and insert www.apexfusion.com as your starting URL. Swipe from left to right on the left part of the screen to access all of your options.

I am in no way affiliated with this App or website but it has worked great for me and just wanted to share.
    Great find Thanks

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    This is awesome. Great upgrade. Working great so far but the ability to have it only display with motion is probably worth the $6. Either way thanks for your time ����

I could use some help in figuring out how to get this loaded on my 7" Fire tablet. I tried downloading it using Dolphin and Silk browsers, and holding down the download link, but then I have problems. I get multiple options to open in new tab, copy link address, etc. I've tried a couple but never seem to get the file, only the apk file. Can someone give me more explicit directions? I'm usually pretty tech savvy but haven't spent much time with the Amazon Fire and I'm out of my element here.

Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    [QUOTE=MickeyCT;130570]I could use some help in figuring out how to get this loaded on my 7" Fire tablet. I tried downloading it using Dolphin and Silk browsers, and holding down the download link, but then I have problems. I get multiple options to open in new tab, copy link address, etc. I've tried a couple but never seem to get the file, only the apk file. Can someone give me more explicit directions? I'm usually pretty tech savvy but haven't spent much time with the Amazon Fire and I'm out of my element here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    [QUOTE=Sppf121;130594]
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyCT View Post
    I could use some help in figuring out how to get this loaded on my 7" Fire tablet. I tried downloading it using Dolphin and Silk browsers, and holding down the download link, but then I have problems. I get multiple options to open in new tab, copy link address, etc. I've tried a couple but never seem to get the file, only the apk file. Can someone give me more explicit directions? I'm usually pretty tech savvy but haven't spent much time with the Amazon Fire and I'm out of my element here.

So this link is to the video I followed. Hope this helps..

https://youtu.be/TL2INfLWxRQ

Good luck

Frequent Visitor
    [QUOTE=Sppf121;130595]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sppf121 View Post

So this link is to the video I followed. Hope this helps..

https://youtu.be/TL2INfLWxRQ

Good luck

I am not affiliated with the link in any way and hope.

Frequent Visitor
    Just type in google ... "how to install google play store in Amazon Fire"

https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how...n-fire-tablet/

Follow the guide to install (you will have to install 4 packages in your fire) but once you do that you will have google play.

Just look for "Fully Kiosk" and install the app. I didn't even had to buy the app (using the free one) and works like a charm without any adds or anything!

All the best,
    Rui

Thank you both. I actually used both links and got everything set up today. So far, works great.