Thread: Add a Measurement in Apex Fusion

New User

Add a Measurement in Apex Fusion

FYI:

I have been adding my measurements in Fusion, Its a nice feature that it will calculate your DKH based on the kit reading but looks like needs updated.

I noticed when you choose ALK, Salifert, High, The values don't match my chart. At first I thought maybe mine is older. I just checked with the brand new Salifert kit.

An example:

The November 2010 version chart which came with my brand new kit I ordered last week, shows .52 = 7.3 DKH.

The Calculator in Apex Fusion reads .52 as 7.68.

Salifert changed their instruction sheets a few years ago, and I recall it causing a lot of confusion. On some instruction sheets, 0.00 = 16dKH, on others (the newer ones), it's 15.7. But even on the newer instruction sheet, the formula given is:

KH in dKH = (1 - reading in step 5) x 16

So, despite the newer table saying 15.7 dKH for a 0 reading, using the formula results in a value of 16.0. Another example: Your test result is 0.50. Using the formula in either version of the instruction sheet, (1- 0.5) * 16 = 8.0. Look up 0.5 in the table, and you get either 8.0 or 7.7, depending on which sheet you used.

Fusion uses the formula rather than recreating one of the tables internally. Bottom line is that a 0.3 difference isn't going to make a huge difference - if your dKH is in the target range, it doesn't really matter if the absolute measurement is, for example, 9.9 or 9.6... you want to maintain a steady level, and look for upward or downward trends.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I don't know but since when has Salifert changed there instruction sheet. I am using the Salifert ALK test now for 4 years and all the instruction sheets are the same, no change at all since 2010.

I think Apex should correct there formula. Is doesn't matter if 0.3 is a big difference. It is annoying to put a value in the Apex system and the outcome is not the same as my sheet.
    Now i have to think and put another value in to get the result i want.