Thread: Need Help

New User

Need Help

My internet provider changed my network name now I can't connect to fusion. I have no idea how to update my APEX to see my new wifi. I did the reboot and I unplugged the apex. Cant update my wifi info....

New User
    Without knowing all the specifics it seems like whatever happened you now want to change your network settings in your Apex by going through fusion, but since something is wrong with the network settings you are unable to connect to your Apex through fusion to do the network changes?

I have an Apex JR. and there is no Wifi just a cat45 port, I added a third party adapter that connects to my network port on my Apex JR. Some times I need to directly connect to my Apex JR. off of my Wifi so this is what I do.

Do at your own risk....

I configure my laptop/desktop Ethernet port to the network I programmed in my Wifi.
    I then directly plug my Apex JR. Ethernet port into my Laptop/Computers port with an Ethernet cable. (most PC's have an automatic setting to allow you to plug same devices together, if not you would have to use a cross over cable)
    My Apex JR. seems to send out a DNS name called APEX that resolves to whatever IP the Ethernet port is set to.
    I go to a browser and type Apex and then am prompted for the default user id and password for the device.
    This allows me to get into the Apex JR. to do any setting I need to do including network settings locally off the Wifi and without needing to go through the Fusion Cloud.

Even if you don't know what IP address or network your Apex Ethernet port was set to since your laptop/PC will be connected together and there will not be a router in between the two devices, the nature of basic networking should allow you to connect to the device with this procedure. My system is an Apex JR. and this has worked for me multiple times in the past.

Thanks