Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Failure: Power Restored keeps cycling

Regular Vistor
    As of today I have not seen any further cycling after unplugging the PMUP. In reprogramming my system I found that some of the devices did not like me keeping the old names (i.e. my Return pump was labeled Return_7_1). My statements previously told all devices to monitor if the Return was off and if it was off they were not to turn on. By leaving the old naming scheme my heater and skimmer would not turn on. This problem was solved by renaming the Return pump to just Return.

The other minor issue is that my radions do not see the WXM. Today I have tried deleting the WXM and will go through reprogramming it.

It has been a challenge but without the PMUP things seem to be running fine. In the meantime I have gone back to one of the 50 ML per Hour pumps connected to the Apex and am not seeing any issues. I look forward to switching back to the PMUP since it will save an outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by drdavis View Post
    As of today I have not seen any further cycling after unplugging the PMUP. In reprogramming my system I found that some of the devices did not like me keeping the old names (i.e. my Return pump was labeled Return_7_1). My statements previously told all devices to monitor if the Return was off and if it was off they were not to turn on. By leaving the old naming scheme my heater and skimmer would not turn on. This problem was solved by renaming the Return pump to just Return.

The other minor issue is that my radions do not see the WXM. Today I have tried deleting the WXM and will go through reprogramming it.

It has been a challenge but without the PMUP things seem to be running fine. In the meantime I have gone back to one of the 50 ML per Hour pumps connected to the Apex and am not seeing any issues. I look forward to switching back to the PMUP since it will save an outlet.
    Glad to hear things are better. Please let us know how it goes with the replacement PMUP. Since the PMUP connection does not carry any kind of signal (it is just 24V DC positive and negative), my guess is that it was causing a short circuit and triggering a protection mechanism. In case it was the PMUP and not something bad on the EB832 side...

Regular Vistor
    Mine did the same thing. I did a firmware update and that solved it.

Quote Originally Posted by jej34 View Post
    Mine did the same thing. I did a firmware update and that solved it.
    Hi Jej,

What issue were you having with your Apex? Was it having random reboots? Or do you mean an issue with the PMUP?

Also, please clarify, you mean you updated your EB832 firmware? Was it already up to date but you re-updated on top of it?

Thanks.

New User
    Add my Apex to the list. I get 5-10 texts a day letting me know that there was a "power outage."
    Quite frustrating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by asudavew View Post
    Add my Apex to the list. I get 5-10 texts a day letting me know that there was a "power outage."
    Quite frustrating to say the least.
    You know what's more frustrating? Neptune Support telling me that we are only 0.5%!

New User
    It's worse if fallback settings are off... then everything shuts off too. Return pump.. lights..heater etc.

New User
    I dealt with this for the first time last night. We had a power outage and the surge of our whole house generator kicking on corrupted the EB8. It was cycling on and off and sending me emails. I called Neptune and within 30 seconds it was fixed. Tech support guy said they have been having problems with short-term losses of power; the EB8 doesn't handle them well, apparently. I'm going to install an AC/DC adapter and UPS to prevent any loss of power so that it's seamless when the generator kicks on. For $900, i'd expect this to not be happening.

I know this thread is almost a year old, but I wonder if Cara got things resolved and what was the root cause and fix. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Yes on mynrnd it was solved. The Pmup failed. I received a new one and within 3 months that one failed as well. I switched back to a regular pump.

New User
    My apex classic with eb8 started doing this last week, driving me insane. I don't have a pmup, I just have a day breakout box, jebao vdm converter and standard pumps and lights. Only cable connected to the eb8 is the connection to the apex controller. I was suspecting a network issue causing a panic since I've got it on a crappy wireless bridge, getting a new bridge tomorrow, will test that out. I've tried flashing the module firmware as well. If it doesn't get resolved I guess I'll have to open a support case and get a replacement eb8.

I just installed the new firmware after the first few days of the issue, but that didn't help.

New User
    Mine started same thing last night and my tank dropped to 72 degrees before I happen to catch it was off. Keeps rebooting then shuts off. I'm putting in ticket today. I tried rebooting everything so far no luck.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by 513reefertank View Post
    Mine started same thing last night and my tank dropped to 72 degrees before I happen to catch it was off. Keeps rebooting then shuts off. I'm putting in ticket today. I tried rebooting everything so far no luck.
    I bought a new wireless bridge on Amazon, a trendnet one for $30 and the issue stopped, odd that a network issue would cause the Apex to crash and reboot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I had the same issue... I went back to the last firmware update and the problem went away. there is some kind of bug in the newest firmware.

New User
    We're u running wifi. I'm hard wired

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by 513reefertank View Post
    We're u running wifi. I'm hard wired
    WiFi here, but i suspect it's more of an unreliable internet connection rather than just bad wifi. Could happen on wired if you have had some internet issues lately. Or it's something completely different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Hard wire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12