Thread: Jebao to Apex Controller Linkage Adapter

New User

Question Jebao to Apex Controller Linkage Adapter

This is my first post here on the APEX Forum. So far mytransition into the APEX world has been relatively smooth. Between the NeptuneCustomer Service and this forum I have been able to get everything up andrunning.

Now for the question....

I have researched as much as I could online but haven’t been able to nail downan absolute answer on this. I have two PP-8 Jebao power heads that I would liketo hook up and control via my APEX. I'm looking to purchase the Apex ControllerLinkage Adapter. From what I have read, I can control both pumps with oneadapter. From what I’m seeing though I will need to get a higher amp powersupply in order to maintain the 100% operating power on both pumps. Is this acorrect statement? The standard PS that comes with the pump is rated at 24V -1.5 A. Does this mean I will need a 24V - 3A PS in order to drive both Pumps? Ihave seen mixed reviews on these adapters but figured for the price I will giveit a shot. At least until I break down and get the WAV Kit!

Thanks in advance!!

New User
    Following....I have the same question. Their web site doesn't really make it clear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by mache62 View Post
    Following....I have the same question. Their web site doesn't really make it clear.

Yeah, I’m sure the answer is out there somewhere. But Ifigured someone on here would have been down this road before. The comment/questionsection on Amazon seems to point towards needing a higher amp power supply,which makes sense. Just want to be sure before I go plugging anything aftermarketinto my nice ($$$) new controller!

The PP8 is just a rebranded RW8. They had to rebrand it due to a patent infringement lawsuit from Hydor.

You need the Apex to Jebao module. You can purchase it off fish-street.com, even off bulkreefsupplies.com

You connect that to the variable speed ports on your brain or seperate VDM module. Lots of programming out there.

The SW series is different. They have a new controller that connects directly to your Apex via stereo jack to ethernet cable.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

"Apex Jebao Adapter + 5A Power Supply(Its can using for WP10/25/40 RW4/8/15 Wave Maker
    If you want to operation for DC6000/DC12000 WP60 RW20 Pump. You need the 6A Power Supply to operation"

That is what you need for a power supply for running 2 pumps (2×PP8). You need a 5 amp power supply.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

New User
    Thanks Torx!

Frequent Visitor
    Just a reference ...
    I have the Jebao-to-Apex adaptor, which is connected to 2 RW-8.
    I am running a random waves program, where, at specific times, 100% is required for both pumps.
    When I look at the power monitor in the energy bar, I can see that the max power is capped around 32-34 W, which is the max power of the power source (24V, 1.5A).
    Therefore, my understanding is that a more powerful power source is needed.

I still dont know how to conect my jebao's to my apex. i have a VDM, What can a VDM DO??

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRay View Post
    I still dont know how to conect my jebao's to my apex. i have a VDM, What can a VDM DO??
    What pumps and which interface box do you have? If using the Jebao/Apex controller or the AQLink, then you connect the controller to one of the VarSpd ports on the Apex and create a virtual outlet.