Thread: Breakout box and how to use

Regular Vistor

Breakout box and how to use

Hey guys. Recently setup my new reef tank with an apex, eb8, and fusion with temp/pH probes. What is this breakout box and how is it used? I want to add things to my tank - sensors to tell me water level so I can remotely control my ATO and know when it's working. I'm a pilot and with that, am gone a lot. I want the most control possible. So, how do I use this breakout box, how exactly can I get it to interact with my ATO (Jbj) and if so, what sensors exactly do I need?

I do my research and am very tech savvy, but am just lost with this box and whether or not I should purchase it. Also, do I need the pm something box if I want a salinity probe?

Thanks guys!

The most common uses for BoBs are for float switches and buttons/toggle switches. For example I have float switches in my ATO and Salt reservoirs telling me when these are low so I know to switch on my RODI to refill. I also have a high float switch on those to remind me to turn off the RODI, you could take it even further and use a solenoid to automate that process. I've also setup buttons to trigger my feeding routines and water change routines as my display isn't near where I do maintenance. Another use that I'm going to implement soon is a magnetic sensor that turns on the light in my stand/wiring closet when the door is opened.

There's an official neptune "getting started" video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcBJoWm2Tww
    And a thread with some best practices here: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...best-practices

Regular Vistor
    Awesome. That clarifies it very much! Thank you!