Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: light outlet all of the sudden stopped working

Regular Vistor

light outlet all of the sudden stopped working

Hi, my light outlet stopped working yesterday. It thought it was my led lights but plugged it in a regular outlet and is now working. How can I fix this. TIA and Merry Christmas.

Are all the outlets out on the EB832 or just the one for the LED lights, when you log into Fusion, if you change it from Auto to On does the lights turn on? Do you have any programming on the outlet?

Regular Vistor
    sorry total noob. just one for the led lights. not sure how to change it to on

Log into your Apex Fusion Locally via the ip address or into your Fusion Account. And move the slider from Auto to On, and see if the LED turns on.

lights1.jpg

What outlet is your lights plugged into? Above is a sample from my Fusion Panel on a new Apex 2016, The lights for example are on Light1_2_1 You would move that from Auto to On and see if the lights turn on.

Regular Vistor
    IMG_0503.jpgthis is what i see

Ok are your lights plugged into the first outlet of the eb832? Above it would be lights1_2_1. You can see it set to auto and it is off. If you slide it to the right and the led light is plugged into outlet one it will turn on.

Regular Vistor
    Plugged it back in but still looks like this. Put it in outlet 2IMG_0505.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by KRoss View Post
    Ok are your lights plugged into the first outlet of the eb832? Above it would be lights1_2_1. You can see it set to auto and it is off. If you slide it to the right and the led light is plugged into outlet one it will turn on.

Do you know what outlet you plugged it into on the eb832?

Regular Vistor
    The second outlet.

From your picture above your light is in Light 2_2_2 Which above also in your diagram shows off.

It looks like your accessing this from a mobile device also because the picture shows a grey window over the outlet, this additional protection is there to not accidentally switch devices on and off from a mobile device while viewing them.

We need to turn on the outlet to confirm, slide the grey protection overlay away which will allow you to move the outlet control from Auto to On.

If you click on the Gear icons next to the Light 2_2_2 it will allow you to see the configuration. (Which you can also post here so we can see why they did not turn on by default the lights will turn off if the tank temperature is above 82 degrees which in the screen shot above it is, which we can adjust for)
    light2.jpg
    Last edited by KRoss; 12-25-2016 at 10:48. Reason: adding picture

That's the one named LIGHT2_2_2. Can you click on the gear icon for that outlet and show us the program? It is set to Auto so it will respond to a program. If you want to have it ON permanently, you can change it to ON (Slider).

I recommend you watch the videos and read the guides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for helping. It is the second one. I dont have anything plugged into the first light. I only have one led light. However, it doesnt work in either. Once plugged in i cant move auto to on.

Regular Vistor
    It wont let me access gear icon. I tap it and nothing happens

Quote Originally Posted by Richnyc View Post
    Thanks for helping. It is the second one. I dont have anything plugged into the first light. I only have one led light. However, it doesnt work in either. Once plugged in i cant move auto to on.
    You have to "unlock" the outlet by swiping it first. I'm referring to the App or Website user interface, not the physical outlet. I think that you are trying to use this without reading the basic instructions first.

To avoid accidental activation, dashboard controls can have safety covers.By default, covers will be present on a touchscreen device; change that here if you'd like something different. Compare the options using this sample control.When a cover is present, swipe or drag left to open; swipe or tap to close.

That is correct, because the default programming turns off the light of the tank temperature is above 82 which your tank currently is. To address for this you need to click on the gear icon next to LIGHT2_2_2 and adjust the shutdown to be higher. The screen shot above should show you what the configuration is on the light by default. The Auto on the outlet is for programming to control the outlet, which by default out of the box turns the light on at 09:30 off at 20:30 and not to turn on if the tank temperature is above 82. Once you click the gear next to the Light2_2_2 you can adjust the setting and then click the Cloud icon with an arrow up on it in the upper right hand corner which will push the change to the controller.

Regular Vistor
    Wow you are right. However if i slide to auto it turns back off and i want to make it auto. IMG_0507.jpg

I suggest you watch this video first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJrIb41ZFIU
    Can you click on the gear icon and send us the program?
    Can you describe the following with more detail? if i slide to auto it turns back off and i want to make it auto

Regular Vistor
    Yes sir. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

That is the video I used to set it up but liked the web site better

Regular Vistor
    if i slide it on it turns on. I just want it to turn on and turn off without me doing it manually every day. I thought it needed to be on auto mode for it to do that

if i slide it on it turns on. I just want it to turn on and turn off without me doing it manually every day. I thought it needed to be on auto mode for it to do that
    Yes. You set it to Auto and then click on the gear icon to enter your program.

Regular Vistor
    When i do it it goes off (IMG_0508.jpg

You need the shutdown Value large then 81.0 Your tank Tempature was above 81, set it to 84 then click on the yellow icon in the upper right hand corner (It the icon that looks like a cloud with an arrow pointing up in it) to write it back to the controller.

Yes, as the other person said. Your temp is above the configured shutdown threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by rsucre View Post
    Yes, as the other person said. Your temp is above the configured shutdown threshold.

Change the value to something above your temp and then save the config using the orange icon on the Right top corner.

Regular Vistor
    Wow @kross It worked. You are awesome. I really appreciate your help on this Christmas Day. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

@rsucre Thank you too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast