Thread: Water Change Station Tank Level Sensors and RODI control Solenoids

Control Freak In Training

Water Change Station Tank Level Sensors and RODI control Solenoids

I will be purchasing a new Apex system in the next 30 to 60 days. I have a couple of 150 gallon tanks I am working on for a water change system in the mean time and I need to sense water level to have the apex operate a valve on my RODI system to keep the fresh tank full. I am looking for a recomendation of switches to sense the level and for a solenoid to put on the RODI supply line. Mix eventually would like to auto flush my membrane and throw away the first couple minutes of RO water instead of using up my DI resin in the intifada TDS creep. Can anyone that has done this project give me some direction please?

Regular Vistor
    I am following this as I am about to build the same system.
    Looking forward to get insight and see setup pictures as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    While I love the concept why use an Apex to control what can be done with a float shutoff in the tank. Do a search for RODI Autoshutoff and you find solutions that shutoff both RODI and waste water. I would consider the APEX for control of Temp, salinity and perhaps the transfer of RODI to Salt tank using typical float switches and a Pump as well as temp and salinity probes and a heater in the salt tank.

Quote Originally Posted by azsoccerpop View Post
    While I love the concept why use an Apex to control what can be done with a float shutoff in the tank. Do a search for RODI Autoshutoff and you find solutions that shutoff both RODI and waste water. I would consider the APEX for control of Temp, salinity and perhaps the transfer of RODI to Salt tank using typical float switches and a Pump as well as temp and salinity probes and a heater in the salt tank.
    Redundancy first and foremost for me. I also want to be able to throw away the first few minutes of water before it goes through my DI resin because of TDS creep, and to flush my RO membrane every time I am done making water for a couple of minutes.

Regular Vistor
    https://www.marinedepot.com/AquaticL...RORABP-vi.html

Here is a RO pump that boosts your psi to the optimal pressure and automatically flushes every so many gallons
    More info on it in the link

Frequent Visitor
    Look at Wix valves and you can find float switches at lots of places

Really want a sensor to see through the side of the drum. No sticky float switches and no holes in the drum would be ideal

Frequent Visitor
    The float switches can hang in a piece of pvc thru the top, you don't need to drill thru the side for them.

Frequent Contributor
    I am currently running our upcoming solenoid on the input to my RO system, it then goes through a booster pump, then through our soon to be released 1/4" flow sensor before entering the RODI. I like that I can turn on and off the flow to my storage tank according to time as well as I have a float switch at the top of the tank and a float valve as well. Lots of protection.

Now with the flow sensing, even if I get a burst in the RODI tubing, or if it is flowing outside normal time slots that it should, I can have it send me alerts or take other actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I am currently running our upcoming solenoid on the input to my RO system, it then goes through a booster pump, then through our soon to be released 1/4" flow sensor before entering the RODI. I like that I can turn on and off the flow to my storage tank according to time as well as I have a float switch at the top of the tank and a float valve as well. Lots of protection.

Now with the flow sensing, even if I get a burst in the RODI tubing, or if it is flowing outside normal time slots that it should, I can have it send me alerts or take other actions.
    awesome info, thank you!! Can I ask upcoming when?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post

Do you have a release date for these?
    And the fmm & core?