Thread: 2 out of 3 WAV pumps not working

New User

2 out of 3 WAV pumps not working

My Apex was in storage for a year and a half. My energy bar was dead so after talking to neptune support and had to get a new one. Now with the new energy bar I plug the 3 WAV pumps into new energy bar832 and 2 of them do not move. All 3 were cleaned prior to putting them away and they are still perfectly clean since I am just now setting my tank back up. I moved 1 of the pumps to my DOS and it works. But the other 2 pumps barely glitch. One of then turns 2-3 turns and quits for a few seconds and then tries again. The last you can see the blades slightly twitch every few seconds.

I tried updating software on each and also tried the home setting. They were completely dead before the home setting and now at least twitch.

Looking for other ideas. I'm planning to try one of them on the DOS just to see if they work. I've never had issues with these wavs before.

New User
    Ok moved the left pump to the DOS the working one back to the energy bar and both work. Then moved both back to the energy bar and both continue to work. Tried the right pump on the DOS but it's dead. Tried resetting home and it's still no go...not even a twitch.
    I am guessing there is only a 1 year warranty on these.

NSI Member
    You can't run a WAV off the port on the DOS. That port is for powering the DOS not running something else. You have to hook a WAV to either the EB832 or a 1Link module.

So when connected to the EB832 you can get 2 of 3 running? What happens if you have all 3 on the EB832 and the power set to 50%? If I remember correctly the EB832 can't have all 3 at 100% as it is too much power draw.

New User
    Moved them all to the energy bar but 1 is dead even with other 2 off. Left the two working ones running last night and one of them was stopped this morning. It started working again once it was unplugged and put back. Pulled the dead one out and will monitor the other two.

This does not make me want to buy another WAV.

NSI Member
    The newer WAVs seem to have improved. I had 2 from the initial release and both died in under a year and a half. They just quit running. The replacements have been going good for well over two years.

Even though they are out of warranty open a ticket with Neptune. They have been known to offer a good discount on a replacement.