Thread: Add multiple Apex Units

New User

Add multiple Apex Units

I've been using the apex app on my phone and tablet for a long time, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to add additional units to the app, I have 3 now, I would like to add all of them to both my tablet and my phone.

There's literally no options in the interface of my app at all. I can view my existing apex and edit my existing apex and I can click on the bar at the bottom which shows: "AquaController by Neptune Systems" but there's only support options from there. What am I missing? I know that multiple apex's can be added to this, but all of my android apps are exactly the same, once an apex is added at the initial setup, it's been years since I did that but there's nothing in the interface but that single apex.

I do have fusion, but I prefer to control via the app while I'm in my house. Fusion has been extremely buggy, has completely bricked my apex lite at least 2 times now, where not even rebooting it worked to get it functioning again. I had to factory reset and reconfigure the entire system both times. There's also increased latency that isn't a problem with the app on the same LAN.

What type of phone? iPhone or Android? I have only used the Android but now I just use Fusion which I have not had issues with.

New User
    My main phone is a Samsung S7, but I have the same interface on an older HTC M8 and an ASUS tablet. I have to be missing something, it's like there's just nothing in the interface but the existing apex.

New User
    Ok, so I figured this out. This would have been obvious a few years ago but the android OS changed enough in the past several years that they completely removed a hardware button that Apex uses to open the menu in their interface.

Basically, most android phones and tablets stopped using a hardware menu button a few years ago, possibly more like 4 or 5 years ago. But, that physical button is what the apex app uses to pull up the actual menu interface in the AquaController app. None of my devices going back several generations of android have a physical menu button on them.

So, on the S7, it's easy, I just had to hold down the back button, to get the menu to open. But, depending on the phone or tablet, you may need to use an overlay function to get to the menu. It would be in the phone under settings > accessibility > dexterity and interactions, and then depending on the phone under assistant menu or another option. This allows the phone to emulate the hardware menu button, but adds an annoying floating button on top of any app being run on the phone, that won't go away until you turn the function back off. Using this, I can access the additional interface that allows me to add additional apex units to the app.

I know it looks like Neptune is abandoning the android app, but please do at least 1 more update to make it compatible with current android interfaces. This button was removed a long time ago, I can only imagine that even the emulator function isn't going to be available forever. Fusion works well for most people, but it's still easier to use the app and doesn't require access to the internet, just access to the same LAN as the apex unit.