Thread: Does the DOS Need to be Connected to an Apex Outlet?

Apex User

Does the DOS Need to be Connected to an Apex Outlet?

I'm running out of outlets on my power bar. I was wondering if I could plug the DOS' DC power supply/plug to a regular wall outlet since I assume the DOS is controlled by the AquaBus interface. Is this correct to assume? I take it that by connecting the DOS to an Apex outlet, I would have ON/OFF access to it, but the advanced interface would be done through AquaBus.

I have two MP40's and 2 Kessil AP 700's connected to my Apex outlets which only provide On/Off functionality since this equipment interfaces through other means. However, my MP40's are connected to my WXM.

Would it be advisable to move this type of equipment to regular outlets (power strips) since they have advanced control beyond ON/OFF status?

By the way, I have an Apex classic, so no Apex 2016 powerbar with 1Link/DC power supply. Just the regular EB8.

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks!

From the DŌS Get Started Guide at https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/dos/

Connecting Power

Connect the 24V Power Source to a wall outlet and your DŌS module. It does not need to be plugged into an Energy Bar outlet. If you choose to plug into your Energy Bar be sure that outlet mode is set to ON.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Apex User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    From the DŌS Get Started Guide at https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/dos/

Connecting Power

Connect the 24V Power Source to a wall outlet and your DŌS module. It does not need to be plugged into an Energy Bar outlet. If you choose to plug into your Energy Bar be sure that outlet mode is set to ON.
    Thank you! That's just what I needed to hear.

New User
    If I can add a comment, using a 1link connection, especially with the new EB832 is the way to go with the DŐS

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I am not sure I would want to waste an outlet on the DOS. Just like I don't with my lights or vortices. The control is done with something else so any power source works fine. Now if I had extra ports, sure, or extra cash definitely, but that isn't usually the case.

Frequent Visitor
    Hello. Building my control cabinet right now and I was thinking of doing this. If I do. Do I still have to hook up a usb cable for communication?

Does the DOS Need to be Connected to an Apex Outlet?

Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia View Post
    Hello. Building my control cabinet right now and I was thinking of doing this. If I do. Do I still have to hook up a usb cable for communication?
    If you are referring to using a 1LINK cable to connect your DOS to either a 1LINK Module or a 1LINK port on an EB832, no, you do not need to (and should not) also use an Aquabus cable to connect the DOS. The 1LINK connection has both 24VDC power and Aquabus connectivity in one cable.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.