Thread: Apex 2016 custom installation and question

Regular Vistor

Apex 2016 custom installation and question

here is my custom installation over our 5'x7' 500 gallon show tank show tank in our store so far everything doing well

Same tank before the remake it was mature but lately i was battling with AEF, marjano and some other polip growing everywhere

Regular Vistor
    I have read on Terence r2r post that Maxspect ethereal fixture are APEX ready since i dont want to highjack is tread could someone help me on this I have 11 ethereal on that 500 gallon puppy and would love to control them whit my APEX
    Attachment 6540

The ability to control Ethereals is not yet available.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by reefsolution View Post
    I have read on Terence r2r post that Maxspect ethereal fixture are APEX ready since i dont want to highjack is tread could someone help me on this I have 11 ethereal on that 500 gallon puppy and would love to control them whit my APEX
    Attachment 6540

With the introduction of our IoTa spec (Internet of Things, Aquariums), we have the ability for many wireless aquarium devices to tie nicely into the Apex universe. The most common way to do this, the manufacturer must first obtain the API and information and then integrate an "IoTa mode" into their device. The first devices that will feature this 3rd party wireless integration will be the Ethereal from MaxSpect and the HD fixtures from AI. We demonstrated both of these at MACNA 2016.

Although we have some working prototypes, it seems that the update for the IPV6 is not yet ready from MaxSpect for release and this controller of theirs is where all the "brains" of their products' integration lies. At this point I cannot even comment whether the the IoTa mode will be enabled for the public in an update to existing IPV6, a new version of the IPV6, or an altogether new "Maxspect Controller". This is all out of our hands. Your best bet is to contact MaxSpect, tell them you saw the integration at MACNA, and ask them when and how they believe they will bring it to market.

Regular Vistor
    Thank Guy appreciate will ask them and let you know if there is any development on there side

Im wondering is it normal on my DOS the nice orange logo it not solid only tip are organ not like the power bar and apex modul?

Quote Originally Posted by reefsolution View Post
    Thank Guy appreciate will ask them and let you know if there is any development on there side

Im wondering is it normal on my DOS the nice orange logo it not solid only tip are organ not like the power bar and apex modul?
    It is normal. The whole logo does not light up. The lower left LED is for pump1, upper right is for pump 2.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thank Russ

What kind of lights are you running on that monster?