Thread: Text alert frequency?

Text alert frequency?

After reading everything I can find, I am not seeing a way to set the text frequency for the PH probe, ORP probe, etc. I would like to spread out text alerts across the board to once an hour at most but seem to be getting them about once every 10 minutes at the moment.

Hopefully this isnt a setting that has been staring me in the face for for the last 2 hours.

Thanks in advance!

Text alert frequency?

The Apex will send repeat alerts every hour by default if an alarm condition persists. Have you changed the Re-Email Delay setting? Using Apex Local or Apex Fusion, to to the network page, select Advanced, then under Type, select Legacy Email. What is the value shown for Re-email delay?

If it's still the default of 60 minutes, then post a screen shot of the alarm log showing the repeated alarms. If you have changed it to a shorter period, change it back to 60. I recommend nothing less than 40 minutes for this setting.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Hi Russ,
    I have legacy e-mail disabled but, re-email does show 60 minutes. Overnight, I was getting the probe alerts about every 10 minutes if above or below the thresholds of course.

Partial log below.

Capture log.JPG

Thanks!
    Bob

What's happening is that your pH reading is right on the cusp of the alarm trigger value, and normal tiny variations in the reading are causing the alarm to bounce on then off a few seconds later.

You can prevent such short-lived alerts by adding a brief Defer into your email outlet program, such as Defer 000:15 Then ON; this will only allow the email outlet to be turned on if an alarm condition persists for more than 15 seconds. You might want to adjust that value some, but do not go any higher than 1 minute. You don't want to delay things too long; you would not want to have a long delay before notification about something that could be quite urgent, such as a leak detection.

Is your pH normally that low? If so, then you need to adjust the low trigger value downward a bit. If it's not the norm, identify the cause of the low pH issue and resolve it directly rather than suppressing alarms about it.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Thanks. I added the "Defer 000:15 Then ON" just below Set OFF so with any luck that will sort the multiple alarms issue.

As for the PH, It has been running between 7.83 in the early hours of the day and up as high as 8.1 in the late afternoon. Lots of SPS using up ALK and CALC quickly (happy to say all are doing very well despite me) and the day night dosing is not keeping the PH stable enough for my liking. Working on setting up the DOS to alternate every 30 minutes 24x7 between ALK and CALC to see if I can level the PH out.

Thanks again!

Regular Vistor
    I was hoping to get some help making it so some alarms are instant, while others are defered. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to make it so some alarms only text me once, while others can text hourly. these alarms can really drive me crazy sometimes, I am almost to the point of turning them all off. Im sure my coding could be better but i just don't have the time or experience to perfect every line.

Quote Originally Posted by dputt88 View Post
    I was hoping to get some help making it so some alarms are instant, while others are defered. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to make it so some alarms only text me once, while others can text hourly. these alarms can really drive me crazy sometimes, I am almost to the point of turning them all off. Im sure my coding could be better but i just don't have the time or experience to perfect every line.
    Some defer should apply to all alarms. Finding out about a leak 30 seconds late is a lot better than thinking you have a leak when you don't because of noise.

If something needs an extended defer, that alarm needs to be separated into a VO with the desired defer and then the VO is called out in the email.

A single notification is convoluted and complex but can be done. I don't recommend it. What I do is categorize my alarms in their order in the email outlet and then shut certain ones off based on time

Ex
    (Low priority)
    If Time 23:00 to 07:00 Then OFF
    (Medium priority)
    If Time 09:00 to 17:00 Then OFF
    (High priority)

This suppresses low priority during sleeping hours and work hours, medium priority suppressed during work. High priority isn't suppressed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Some defer should apply to all alarms. Finding out about a leak 30 seconds late is a lot better than thinking you have a leak when you don't because of noise.

If something needs an extended defer, that alarm needs to be separated into a VO with the desired defer and then the VO is called out in the email.

A single notification is convoluted and complex but can be done. I don't recommend it. What I do is categorize my alarms in their order in the email outlet and then shut certain ones off based on time

Ex
    (Low priority)
    If Time 23:00 to 07:00 Then OFF
    (Medium priority)
    If Time 09:00 to 17:00 Then OFF
    (High priority)

This suppresses low priority during sleeping hours and work hours, medium priority suppressed during work. High priority isn't suppressed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I know this is an old post, but this is exactly what I need to do for our system. Can you please let me know how you categorized your alarms into the different priority levels? Or even better, could you send me a picture of your code allowing you to do this whole process? I'm new to Apex and I understand the coding part, but I have little experience with it so far.

Thank you!