Thread: Amcrest pro HD IP2M-841B

Frequent Visitor

Amcrest pro HD IP2M-841B

I recently purchased a Amcrest pro HD IP2M-841B and am seeing issues with getting he HD resolution in the Apex viewer

I have the port forward settings enabled and works well from the web. the issue I have is when I view from the Amcrest app and web view its crystal clear
    Apex view.jpgamcrest view.jpg
    Last edited by ricowind; 01-09-2017 at 11:35. Reason: Added text

First, you're giving away your password in that URL, might want to hide that in a goo.gl URL or something.

That "subtype" in the URL means something, I'm not familiar with this camera specifically but most of them have a section in the web interface where you set the resolution on each of the "subtypes" or "channels" or something similar.

Look for a setting to up the resolution on the "subtype", "substream", or something similar.

New User
    Rico, did you figure this out? I have the same issue.

Frequent Visitor
    thereeferer,

I was able to improve some of the clarity by messing with the sub stream settings, I am by no means a camera expert, but this helped.Untitled.png

from what I gathered from changing settings from the H.264H to MJPEG and ofcourse back again it seems to use the "substream" settings, As Justin stated there is probably some text which dictates this, perhaps an expert could chime in and help.

the clarity of this camera is excellent and would love to utilize this feature.

hope this helped

New User
    Thanks Rico. Which Amcrest program is this? I have only been using the mobile app.

Frequent Visitor
    I am just using the web based feature by opening a browser (Firefox) and placing the IP of the camera in the web address bar, note that if you have more then 1 camera setup you will have to place the port in the address I.E. 192.168.1.1:1024 but if you only have the one then then the :port isn't required.

you probably already now this but I racked my head for a while with this so I thought I would pass it along

if you discover the fix please let me know

New User
    I was only able to get MJPEG substream working too. Both with the IP2M-841 and IP3M-941. Not sure if the main stream can be used without browser plugin or camera software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Hi guys.. I have the IP2M-841 camera and only have had luck with still photos. Just to clarify are you getting video from this camera, or just stills. I have all but given up, but if you have it working then I will continue to try and figure it out. I must be missing something small..

New User
    ApexFusion > Click Cog Wheel on bottom right of Apex Video box > Type select Image / Motion JPEG; URL is http:// username:password@wan ip:port number/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1

I created a separate logon user on the Amcrest camera configuration with only rights to view, and no control and admin rights. Username is "view". Password is "view". My WAN ip address lets say is 123.54.65.234. My LAN router is 192.168.1.1. My camera LAN ip is 192.168.1.8. I setup port forwarding on my LAN router, port 8888 to direct to camera LAN ip.

ApexFusion URL is http:// view:[email protected]:8888/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1

However, in the Amcrest Configuration tool, you have to set your secondary "Extra Stream" to MJPEG, which will be lower quality. The higher quality codecs do not work with ApexFusion. The Main Stream is reserved for your Amcrest App if you want high resolution streaming for personal use.

New User
    Wow.... and just like that it worked!!! OMG I spent way too much time on that! I had everything except the motion JPEG selected correctly... Thank you yellojello!!

New User

Completely Lost

Quote Originally Posted by yellojello View Post
    ApexFusion > Click Cog Wheel on bottom right of Apex Video box > Type select Image / Motion JPEG; URL is http:// username:password@wan ip:port number/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1

I created a separate logon user on the Amcrest camera configuration with only rights to view, and no control and admin rights. Username is "view". Password is "view". My WAN ip address lets say is 123.54.65.234. My LAN router is 192.168.1.1. My camera LAN ip is 192.168.1.8. I setup port forwarding on my LAN router, port 8888 to direct to camera LAN ip.

ApexFusion URL is http:// view:[email protected]:8888/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1

However, in the Amcrest Configuration tool, you have to set your secondary "Extra Stream" to MJPEG, which will be lower quality. The higher quality codecs do not work with ApexFusion. The Main Stream is reserved for your Amcrest App if you want high resolution streaming for personal use.
    I literally have no idea how to get mine to work. Is there anyway someone could so a step by step guide from the point which you have setup your amcrest and have the software. Then direct someone to the correct IP, PORT, URL, and configuration for the APEX.

New User
    Hi,

I just tried this with mine, and Apex Fusion gives me the error: "Does not match format" below the URL box. Any idea what would cause that error?

Edit: Well, I got it to work after all, with this different address:

http:// username:password@ip_address:port/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?subtype=1
    (don't forget to remove the space in the above line after "http://")

Firefox and IE give me a blank window, but Chrome works. Although, Chrome asked me for a username and password, even with the correct ones in the address line.

New User
    I forgot to clarify, I have two different models, and they have different links like jking posted:

IP2M-841

IP3M-941
    http:// view:[email protected]/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?&subtype=1

New User
    Well, I switched the IP2M-841 from my Comcast cable connect to my Centurylink DSL connection, and now it works fine.

[I have to wonder if Comcast was filtering something (I'm technically not supposed to be setting up a "server" on their network). That's mostly speculation. I prefer the DSL anyways, since it seems more reliable, if a bit slower.]

So to get it to work, I turned off the anonymous account access to the camera, and I am using the "cgi-bin" style link with the 841.

New User
    What's the best resolution that you can get in fusion? Like 720p?

I'm planning to buy this camera...

Frequent Visitor riverchemistry's Avatar
    if you're looking for a strait forward done in less than an hour setup yeah 720P IP Cam using MJPEG is the way to go. For a 1080p look it ain't gonna be without it's speedbumps.
    All APEX Controller
    Kessil A360's

New User

Amcrest pro HD IP2M-841B

Quote Originally Posted by riverchemistry View Post
    if you're looking for a strait forward done in less than an hour setup yeah 720P IP Cam using MJPEG is the way to go. For a 1080p look it ain't gonna be without it's speedbumps.
    Awesome. Thanks for letting me know that.

So basically the best resolution without any lag is 720P 30fps, right? Do you know if the live feed works in the app?

New User
    The app has always worked great for me, at 720 and 1080. It's getting the direct URL for Fusion that I have had issues with.

New User
    Within Fusion app, I think mjpeg stream maxes at VGA, are think 640x480? Not sure about frame rate but a bit slower too. But I use my Amcrest dedicated app for video anyway, which gets full hd resolution and PTZ controls.