Thread: Aqualink A1 (Jebao / Gyre Controller Adapter)

Aqualink A1 (Jebao / Gyre Controller Adapter)

Anyone tried one of these out yet?

http://www.fish-street.com/aqlink-a1...ect-controller

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...0#post24891800

I just purchased a Jebao DCT-1200 pump with the caveat that all I would have is on/off control, but if this thing works I'd love to control it from my Apex!

New User

AQLink A1 - a first look at programming the Apex for variable speed control of a Jebao/Jecod DCT return pump

I have been running the AQLink A1 for just under a week. Setup is plug-and-play - it replaces the existing controller on my DCT-6000 sump return pump and uses the same power supply.

I simply swapped out the DCT-6000's controller, plugged in the AQLink A1 and connected an Ethernet cable between the AQLink and my Neptune Apex 2016.

aqlink-install.JPG

aqlink-dct6000.JPG

Then I started programming the variable speed ports.

The instructions aren't 100% clear but it's easy to setup and get going on the Neptune Apex.

Channel 1 on the variable speed port controls the return pump's speed.

The important thing to remember - as per the instructions - is that the second channel (ie channel 2 of the variable speed port you connect your Ethernet cable to) is used to reverse the pump rotation if the voltage is greater than 2v.

So I simply ensure it remains off at all times - ie zero volts!

aqlink-program.JPG

The above screenshot is my program for the DCT-6000, which is feeding a 400 litre mixed invert/fish tank via a miracle mud filter system in the sump.

I decided to lower the pump's speed during feeding times - ie @ 05:50, 12:45 and 18:45. In my setup, anything lower than 50% and the DCT-6000 struggles to return the water from the sump to the main tank - hence the reason I decided to drop the speed to 50% for feeding.

At the moment, I'm only running it 60% - which matches the flow of my previous return pump.

I will probably look at experimenting with increasing the flow at a later date. The current flow rate turns over the tank's volume nine times an hour if my maths is correct - 60% of 6000 is 3600 l/hr and I have a 400 l tank.

Any complaints? So far so good. I've only started using the Neptune a few weeks ago so programming it is still very much a learning curve for me.

I did, however, experience a mishap which could have been a disaster: Trying to be clever, my previous program for the DCT-6000 lowered the flow rate when the autofeeder was ON. I also setup a virtual switch, with settings to match feeding times.

Now I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the mains fuse that powers the aquarium setup flipped just when the autofeeder switched on. The result: The pump stopped returning water to the main tank - even when I got the main power back on. The autofeeder was stuck half way open and didn't return to normal until the next feed cycle.

So from this experience I have manually adjusted feed times for the DCT-6000/AQLink A1 and ensure it failsafes ON:

Here's the program for the SQLInk A1/DCT-6000 listed in the Basic View Advanced control type mode, where profile RetPumpNum sets the pump to 60%:

Fallback RetPumpNorm
    tdata 00:00:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 05:45:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 05:50:00,0,0,50,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 06:20:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 12:40:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 12:45:00,0,0,50,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 13:15:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 18:40:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 18:45:00,0,0,50,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 19:15:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Anyone tried one of these out yet?

http://www.fish-street.com/aqlink-a1...ect-controller

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...0#post24891800

I just purchased a Jebao DCT-1200 pump with the caveat that all I would have is on/off control, but if this thing works I'd love to control it from my Apex!

Great info, thanks! I'll be picking one of these up soon.

Frequent Visitor
    I just ordered one of these and am looking forward to using it with my DCT6000 as well. I'm going to need to modify my existing harness since it's set up to control 2x Jebao devices with the older 0-5V format (Torx harness).

New User
    Do you guys know if it works with the newer DCS model?

Frequent Visitor
    I bought an Aqualink A1 for my Jebao (Jecod) DCS9000. Set up and install was easy and for about two hours I had full control from my Apex 2016 via 10V. Worked beautifully and then the pump stopped. Waiting for Fish Street to reply about next steps with their after sales support. If their support is lousy then it's the end of the line for me for Aqualink and Jebao. BTW the flow rates you think you are getting are nowhere close to advertised. For my DCS9000 see attached. I think I am done experimenting with Jebao and Aqualink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Has anyone got any example programs for using the AQLink A1 with Cross Flows please? Struggling to find some reference material lol

I would love to try this on my cp40. Has anyone figured out how to control the waves / pulses with it?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftline View Post
    I would love to try this on my cp40. Has anyone figured out how to control the waves / pulses with it?

I haven't actually been able to get the Apex to turn the pump on via the Virtual Outlet and AQLink box yet lol.

If anyone has done this, can they please let me know? The RW controller was a breeze to get going but the AQLink isn't working yet.

New User
    thanx for the info!

I have only one variable speed port empty (V3/V4); what if I wanted to connect two jebao pumps through two of the AQLink A1 to the V3/V4, do you know if a splitted RJ45cable would work to connect two AQLink A1 to one variable speed port?

thanx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cliffsaran View Post
    I have been running the AQLink A1 for just under a week. Setup is plug-and-play - it replaces the existing controller on my DCT-6000 sump return pump and uses the same power supply.

I simply swapped out the DCT-6000's controller, plugged in the AQLink A1 and connected an Ethernet cable between the AQLink and my Neptune Apex 2016.

aqlink-install.JPG

aqlink-dct6000.JPG

Then I started programming the variable speed ports.

The instructions aren't 100% clear but it's easy to setup and get going on the Neptune Apex.

Channel 1 on the variable speed port controls the return pump's speed.

The important thing to remember - as per the instructions - is that the second channel (ie channel 2 of the variable speed port you connect your Ethernet cable to) is used to reverse the pump rotation if the voltage is greater than 2v.

So I simply ensure it remains off at all times - ie zero volts!

aqlink-program.JPG

The above screenshot is my program for the DCT-6000, which is feeding a 400 litre mixed invert/fish tank via a miracle mud filter system in the sump.

I decided to lower the pump's speed during feeding times - ie @ 05:50, 12:45 and 18:45. In my setup, anything lower than 50% and the DCT-6000 struggles to return the water from the sump to the main tank - hence the reason I decided to drop the speed to 50% for feeding.

At the moment, I'm only running it 60% - which matches the flow of my previous return pump.

I will probably look at experimenting with increasing the flow at a later date. The current flow rate turns over the tank's volume nine times an hour if my maths is correct - 60% of 6000 is 3600 l/hr and I have a 400 l tank.

Any complaints? So far so good. I've only started using the Neptune a few weeks ago so programming it is still very much a learning curve for me.

I did, however, experience a mishap which could have been a disaster: Trying to be clever, my previous program for the DCT-6000 lowered the flow rate when the autofeeder was ON. I also setup a virtual switch, with settings to match feeding times.

Now I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the mains fuse that powers the aquarium setup flipped just when the autofeeder switched on. The result: The pump stopped returning water to the main tank - even when I got the main power back on. The autofeeder was stuck half way open and didn't return to normal until the next feed cycle.

So from this experience I have manually adjusted feed times for the DCT-6000/AQLink A1 and ensure it failsafes ON:

Here's the program for the SQLInk A1/DCT-6000 listed in the Basic View Advanced control type mode, where profile RetPumpNum sets the pump to 60%:

Fallback RetPumpNorm
    tdata 00:00:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 05:45:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 05:50:00,0,0,50,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 06:20:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 12:40:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 12:45:00,0,0,50,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 13:15:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 18:40:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 18:45:00,0,0,50,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 19:15:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,60,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

thanx for the info!

I have only one variable speed port empty (V3/V4); what if I wanted to connect two jebao pumps through two of the AQLink A1 to the V3/V4, do you know if a splitted RJ45cable would work to connect two AQLink A1 to one variable speed port?

thanx

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham Hashem View Post
    thanx for the info!

thanx
    The AQLink provides two separate channels down the CAT5 cable, CH1 (pins 1 & 2) for direction, CH2 (pins 5 & 6) for speed. So I'm not sure this will be possible?

If voltage on CH1 is 2V or less, they should spin forward, 8V or more and they should spin backwards.
    (I haven't actually been able to get mine to spin in reverse on the Apex yet).

Edit: Thinking about this, I guess if you split the cable to pins 5 & 6 on both AQLink RJ45's then you would be able to control two pumps in a single direction as it's just supplying 1-10v and anything below 2V on CH1 will make the pump spin forward anyway, so if this channel isn't connected on the RJ45, then it *might* work.

I tested mine by manually switching off CH1 on the apex and the pump continued.

New User
    I realize this post is a few months old but I am curious to see what kind of CAT5 cable you guys are using to connect with AqLink S1 to your Apex? I have a Jebao DC return pump and the AqLink attached to my Apex and I was having problems with it randomly switching speeds. It turns out that since I am using a regular CAT 5 cable, it is messing with the controls of the return pump and allowing two variable speed profiles to control the pump. So I turned off the variable speed profile and it works perfectly now but I may want to use the other variable speed port in the future. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by tastyfish View Post
    The AQLink provides two separate channels down the CAT5 cable, CH1 (pins 1 & 2) for direction, CH2 (pins 5 & 6) for speed. So I'm not sure this will be possible?

If voltage on CH1 is 2V or less, they should spin forward, 8V or more and they should spin backwards.
    (I haven't actually been able to get mine to spin in reverse on the Apex yet).

Edit: Thinking about this, I guess if you split the cable to pins 5 & 6 on both AQLink RJ45's then you would be able to control two pumps in a single direction as it's just supplying 1-10v and anything below 2V on CH1 will make the pump spin forward anyway, so if this channel isn't connected on the RJ45, then it *might* work.

I tested mine by manually switching off CH1 on the apex and the pump continued.

Cable type shouldn't matter as long as they are twisted pair. Even if it's cheapo non-twisted cable, two channels fully controlling a single thing is almost guaranteed to be a wiring error or short in the cable not the wrong type of cable.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Where do i plug it in to on my apex?

In an open variable speed port.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Hi, i'm new to all this al so. I have the apex 2016 and wanted to control my cp-25 crossflow. So a have the a1 link box but had to buy a vdm box to hook that up. The pump is running and i can shut it on and off but cant figure out a program for it. Still looking for help with that

New User
    I know I'm kind of late to the game, but check out this link that I basically used to program my AQLink A1.
    https://blog.coralvue.com/reef-octop...-pump-control/
    From this, I was able to set up some awesome settings on my return pump. Hope these screen shots help.

Apex pump display.pngpump output config1.pngpump output config2.pngpump output config3.pngPumpCtrl_6_1.png

New User
    Here are the profiles that I created. Had to put them in a separate post due to attachment limitations. I know this is a lot, but totally worth it and not as hard as you think. Just watch the video first and then use my screenshots for reference.

Note: the above two posts also apply to any 0-10V pump such as tunze or jebao with a torx adapter. I use a similar setup for the jebaos on my biocube.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Hi Charles0dxb. I know it's a while ago now, but I had the same issue. My AQLink A1 lasted about a month and then the pump simply stopped. The pump is fine so it's the AQLink with the issue. Did you ever get your issue resolved?

Frequent Visitor
    When I was very new in solutions (I still am), And no adapters in market yet, I made a cable (with Zombie support) and my pumps stoped to work, but not because the cables hehe!!

I got help to reduce 0-10v to 0-5v (Jebao controler), and spent a lot less money.

Frequent Visitor
    I tried to find my threads and did not find....
    Itt was very cheap and easy to do it.
    and work exactly the same...

I remember those days that RussM and Zombie helped me a lot...

Frequent Visitor
    I am not fiding my first threads...but I did this cable and it works perfectly.