Thread: Second Radion lighting profile

Frequent Visitor

Second Radion lighting profile

Is it possible to set up a second lighting profile for my Radion gen 3 pro's that can be turned on when I enter one of the feed modes? I want to be able to occasionally move to this lighting schedule to move towards more favorable lighting conditions for photos and videos. If there is any way to accomplish this even without feed mode please let me know. Thanks for reading. Have a great day.

John

Frequent Visitor
    Yes. If done with Feed mode:
    Create the profile you want, lets name it "Picture" for this example.
    Select an unused Feed mode, let's say FeedD. Obviously you'll have already set-up this unused Feed to the time you want it to countdown from.
    In your Radion outlet, go to the Basic View and add this line:
    If FeedD 000 Then Picture.
    Clic Update Apex.
    This will tell the Radion outlet to use the Picture profile as long as FeedD is counting down (active). When the countdown is completed the Radion outlet will revert back to the regular wizard programming or profile, whichever is used.
    You can also do this with a VO:
    Basically the same steps but rather than referencing FeedD you reference the VO.
    Like this:
    Create the "Picture" profile.
    Create a VO and call it something meaningfull to you, let's say "Photography"
    Open the VO and click on Control Type, select Advanced.
    The programming for the VO would be:
    Set OFF
    And in the Radion outlet Basic View add this line:
    If Outlet Photography = ON Then Picture
    With this when you MANUALLY togle the VO to ON the Radion will follow the Picture profile.
    This means you will not be limited by time as the Radion will keep to the Picture profile until you MANUALLY togle the VO outlet back to OFF or AUTO.
    Hope this hepls.

Frequent Visitor

Second Radion profile

Wow. i want to start off by saying thank you so much for replying so quickly. I am going to work on this tonight. Right now I have two Radions and they are controlled by the apex through the WXM. At this time I do not have them plugged into my apex power strip because with them being powered by the WXM I still have control of them and don't take up two apex power slots.
    With all that being said I am going to try the virtual outlet that you described. I just have to learn how to save a second profile to the virtual outlet. I backed up my current settings by using the schemes. I am hoping to set up a new profile in schemes and then save that profile in the VO.
    Thank you so much.

John

Frequent Visitor
    OK, just a few thoughts because parts of your reply make me a bit uneasy. Don't sweat it, it's probably how I worded some stuff in my above post but let's just clarify a few things for both of our sakes.
    None of what you need to do to make this work involves plugging your Radions into an Apex controlled power strip.
    All of the control happens with the special outlets or tiles your Apex created when you paired your Radions.
    I can help you do what you want to do because I also have my Apex controlling my Radions and 99% of the time I run a day to day sun up/sun down schedule.
    But every once in a while I run a manually toggled profile to test some new profiles to try and improve growth or maybe acclimate a new arrival. Right now it's set up to impress friends with 100% UV only !
    So my "special" Radion profile is called Radion_Test and it looks like this:
    Radion_Test Profile.JPG
    Next is the VO I created. It serves no other purpose than to act as a switch to turn on and off the Radion_Test profile. It looks like this:
    Radion_Test VO.JPG
    And finally I have the Radion control outlet or tile and it looks like this:
    Radion control outlet.JPG
    The last line in the Radion control outlet shows that if the VO outlet named Radion_Test is turned ON (manually) then the Radion has to follow the Radion_Test profile rather than all the other code before it, effectively overiding all other commands.
    This is basically exactly what you want to do; run a photography profile (in my case a test profile) for a period of time and then return to your existing schedule when you're done.
    I hope this clears things up for you.

Frequent Visitor
    Apparently I am not as far along in my apex training as I would like.
    I feel like i should know this. I have set this up:

and i have

and

this is my working Radion when I go to advanced
    its missing all the code, but it works

but i cannot make the

Its like everything else in life.... Its easy when you know how, but at this time i just can't figure out how to make this.

Again I really appreciate you time and patience.

John

Frequent Visitor
    I'd like to keep helping but your attachements aren't displaying...
    Patience, we'll get you through this!

Frequent Visitor
    That weird that the photos are not coming through. I have a second tile light switch that looks like yours and I understand how to add the "if outlet Radion_photo but I have nothing for it to equal.

But I do not know how to make the first phone you have named Radion test. Its the one that is kind of black and white with all the color intensity readings.

Is that made in fusion?

John

- - - Updated - - -

"Photo" not Phone lol

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sppf121 View Post
    But I do not know how to make the first phone you have named Radion test. Its the one that is kind of black and white with all the color intensity readings.

Is that made in fusion?

John

- - - Updated - - -

"Photo" not Phone lol
    The first attachement I have in my example is the profile. Profiles can be created through the native dashboard and through Fusion.
    I'll explain how to do it through Fusion because that's how most people do it.
    First open Fusion.
    Then, on the top header bar, click on the gear icon. This will expand the header bar and will add an icon that looks like a folder. This folder contains all of your profiles, both free and currently used.
    You should be able to locate some free profiles, there are 32 and, unless you have renamed some of them, they should be labeled PF1 to PF32.
    Select an unused profile and open it.
    Then go to Type and select Radion.
    This is also where you choose a name for your profile, like Radion_Photo or something meaningfull to you.
    Now you can use the color and intensity inputs to create the light effect you want. The bottom 3 inputs are not color but ramp values. Use the same values for both intensity inputs and a ramp of 1 to get an immediate change when this profile is selected.
    Once you're done just click on the Update Apex icon in the top right and the profile will be saved.
    From here it's just a matter of referencing this profile in your Radion tile and you're done!

Frequent Visitor
    So that did it. This is so cool. Thank you very much. It allowed me to call the switch Radion_photo but would not let me name the profile Radion_photo because photo is to long. It seems to take only 4 letters after the Radion_ so i named it Radion_32 and that worked.

Two more less complicated questions. Is there a setting to show the code. In the photo of your Radion, it shows all the code prior to you adding the Radion_Test line.
    IMG_0785.PNG

My lights are all set up and work very well, but when I go to advanced it does not show the lighting code?? Only the "If Output Radion_Photo = ON Then Radion_32" that i put in this morning shows up.
    Also I noticed you have If outlet storms =on than stormy... Did you add that or is that just in the lighting code that I am not seeing for some reason.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

You are awesome!!

John

Frequent Visitor
    When you set up your Radion schedule (lighting program), how did you do it? Through the Fusion wizard?
    The weather lines below the tdata code are profiles I created to get more random weather effects than what can be done with the wizard.
    You can read up on how to do it here:
    https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...Weather-events
    Be aware that, as Russ mentions, this needs to be adapted to suit your needs and preferences.