Thread: Email Alerts

New User

Email Alerts

I'm new to the Apex, and have a basic email alert set up:

Set OFF
    If Temp > 79.0 Then ON
    If Temp < 77.0 Then ON

When the condition is triggered, I get an email, but I have no idea which condition caused it. Here's the email contents:

Date: 2017-01-19 22:33:44 (2017-01-20 03:33:44 UTC)
    Statement: Set OFF

Is there any code I can add to provide a "string" to identify the exact cause of the alert?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    The set off is the Apex's way of telling you everything is "all clear". A condition such as your temp was right on the edge and fell into range to trigger the alarm, but wasn't there long enough to actually have the apex send the email out, but the all clear email is sent regardless. Do you have any other alarms or triggers set up? What has your temp been? If it is very close to your alarm parameters you may want to broaden your them just a bit and keep tight control like that with the heat outlet.
    Chad

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    The set off is the Apex's way of telling you everything is "all clear". A condition such as your temp was right on the edge and fell into range to trigger the alarm, but wasn't there long enough to actually have the apex send the email out, but the all clear email is sent regardless. Do you have any other alarms or triggers set up? What has your temp been? If it is very close to your alarm parameters you may want to broaden your them just a bit and keep tight control like that with the heat outlet.
    Thanks for the response! I think this is my only alarm set up. My question is how can I tell the cause of the alarm (was the temp too high, too low, etc)? In this case, I purposely set the alarm very close to the "high" alert temp to try and test the alarm messaging. I got the email when the temp went above the "tirgger" point, but there weren't any details as to what condition caused it. Is this possible?