Thread: EB832 Outlet Power Programming

EB832 Outlet Power Programming

Not sure if this is the right subforum or this should go under EB832.

How do I check power consumption of an individual EB832 outlet? For instance, let's say that my return pump normally uses 19 Watts and it should never exceed 25 Watts. I would like to set an alert if the power of that outlet exceeds 23W. How do I write that IF statement? I assume it should be similar to checking Temperature.

Any other considerations?

Thanks.

Do that using the Inputs page. Select the watts input for the desired outlet then enable and set the high trigger value on the Advanced tab. No programming required.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Frequent Visitor
    Can I only set alarms when a pump exceeds certain triggers? Can I turn off the pump if it is not using the recommended wattage?

I'm trying to detect when my carbon reactor is blocked and needs changing - when the reactor is blocked, flow trickles down to nothing so the pump will use less (or more) power than usual.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Visitor
    It would act like anybswitch and coiuld be used to turn things off. However if you turn off your pump the amp goes to 0 and the condition is no longer met you would need some type of a latching system which I think is described in the manual

Quote Originally Posted by oseymour View Post
    Can I only set alarms when a pump exceeds certain triggers? Can I turn off the pump if it is not using the recommended wattage?

I'm trying to detect when my carbon reactor is blocked and needs changing - when the reactor is blocked, flow trickles down to nothing so the pump will use less (or more) power than usual.
    Yes. As Russ explained before in this thread. You go to the Inputs page, choose the desired outlet_W item from the list, then go to the Advanced tab and set the alarm trigger values. You can test it by putting a value that you know will be exceeded during normal operation, then change it to the real value you want.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by oseymour View Post

I know I'm late, but I was trying to solve this problem myself, and I found out that you can actually use watts and amps directly in programs.

EB832 Amps/Watts Alarms and Programming

Alarms for Amps and Watts values for each individual 120VAC EB832 output should be configured using the new method via the Inputs page in APEX Local or APEX Fusion. However, should you want to use Amps and Watts values in other output programming, there are new programming commands to support this.

Syntax: If Output output-name (Amps/Watts) (</>) Then (ON/OFF)

Examples:

• If Output Heater Amps < 3.0 Then ON
    • If Output Return Watts > 80 Then ON

I'm using it to control two heaters with very good internal temperature regulation that maintain a more consistent temperature than just toggling them on and off using the Apex can. I'm alternating the heaters and only using each for half of the day... unless the one that's on duty has been pulling 50 watts or more for 30 minutes, at which point I fire up the second heater to help it out.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Do that using the Inputs page. Select the watts input for the desired outlet then enable and set the high trigger value on the Advanced tab. No programming required.
    By using this method, does it only give the audible alarm? Do I need to add code in the email alarm to have it send out an email if the conditions apply?

EB832 Outlet Power Programming

Quote Originally Posted by Etoimos View Post
    By using this method, does it only give the audible alarm? Do I need to add code in the email alarm to have it send out an email if the conditions apply?
    Alarm triggers set using the Inputs view do not result in an audible alarm. They result in notifications via email, text, and/or app push notification. There is no need to duplicate them using programming statements in the email output programming.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Alarm triggers set using the Inputs view do not result in an audible alarm. They result in notifications via email, text, and/or app push notification. There is no need to duplicate them using programming statements in the email output programming.
    Thanks Russ.