Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use the Jebao module

Regular Vistor

Anyone use the Jebao module

I'm looking into getting two of the Jebao PP-15 powerheads along with the Jebao link module for the Apex. Anyone use the module with the Apex Fusion? If so, how well does it work? Looking for alternatives to the pricey WAV pumps.

Frequent Visitor
    I have 3 x WP-40 and 2 x WP-60 running on my apex using 3 x "Jebao/Jecod Pump to Neptune Systems Apex Controller Linkage Adapter" They work great I have had no issues. The one thing i do use is the more powerful power brick on all the adapters so all the pumps have all the power they need. Customize is just like any pump. The only thing i wish we had is the quick selector for waves and flow types but that does not justify the price of the WAV and other competitor pumps plus if one pump fails they are really cheap to replace.

Frequent Visitor
    Just one thing make sure the PP series works ... i thought that the adapter only runs "Jebao WP/FS/RW Series Pump". Not sure just make sure they work.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for the replies. When I'm ready to pull the trigger on the setup, I think I'll try it out. I love my Apex and am addicted to buying items that connect to it!

Regular Vistor
    Masc- When you say a quick selector, do you mean just a quick way to turn it to wave versus constant mode? I assume I can do everything the Jebao controller can do - but with my Apex?

Do they make an adapter that works with the cp40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    what i mean is on the WAV you can select mavericks, malibu, pulse and more. You can create in code any of them with a little bit of coding .... but WAV you just select a drop down.

Frequent Visitor
    Do they make an adapter that works with the cp40?
    No i have two CP-40 and they are not the same as the other pumps ... Will not work on the Apex Adapter that si for the "Jebao WP/FS/RW Series Pumps".

Regular Vistor
    I follow now. So, with just a little extra "work", I can basically have full functionality of the Jebao. I'm looking into the SW-15's now. Something says about a 0-10v port built in now that allows direct connection to the Apex - but that's hard to figure out. I've been researching it but can't figure out if that's the case - and if so, what kind of plug is it and does it completely eliminate the need for the $40 Jebao Module.

New User
    Following along to see if anyone has used these with the PP-20's.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Hands View Post
    Following along to see if anyone has used these with the PP-20's.
    The Jebao/Fishstreet module works fine with the PP series pumps, I have a PP-8 on one of my tanks.
    All you need is 1 Jebao/Fishstreet adapter and a free 0-10V port on either your Apex main unit or a VDM module.

New User
    Thanks Simon! I was actually looking at the wired Jebao/Jecod adapter. It's on $40.

Regular Vistor
    I just ordered two, Jebao SW-15 powerheads and the Jebao Module. I couldn't get a straight answer whether or not I'd need the module with the new SW series since they claim to have the Apex 0-10v port built in to them - but at the same time, I couldn't figure out exactly what cable I'd need to interface the SW's directly with. When I get the gear, I'll report back.

New User
    Thanks SycoCell! This appears to be a great add for those of us with Apex and the Jebao pumps. I look forward to your report.

Regular Vistor
    So far I've only received the module. Looks to be built pretty well. I also ordered a 24v 6Amp power adaptor off of Amazon for $15 to power the two pumps. I need to source the wire to connect the module to my apex - looks like a standard telephone wire.

Frequent Visitor
    I used this module with my RW-8s in a nano tank and it worked brilliantly. I would buy again in a heartbeat. SO easy to use and setup in Fusion and really for the price the performance can't be beat.

Regular Vistor
    I was home briefly last night so I can give a really quick update..

Installed two of the SW-15's in my tank as well as quickly connected the Jebao module with the 6amp adaptor I bought. Took me about 5 minutes to set it up and figure the system out. For the brief (1 hour of play time) I messed around, it was super simple to use. I'm pretty happy so far! The Module connects to the apex via a standard Ethernet cord.

New User
    I'm so confused I have two sw15 and how do I hook them to the apex? Is know the go to the V1/v2 spot. Looks like and Ethernet connection but the port on the sw15 controller is a stereo port style? What do I do?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Addictreef View Post
    I'm so confused I have two sw15 and how do I hook them to the apex? Is know the go to the V1/v2 spot. Looks like and Ethernet connection but the port on the sw15 controller is a stereo port style? What do I do?

Did you buy the Jebao module? If so, you connect the two pumps directly to the module - then connect the module to the Apex fusion block via a standard Ethernet cord. If you're trying to connect them directly with the 0-10v connector, I couldn't tell you. I didn't bother trying. For $30, the module held its own versus trying to source some sort of cable I've never dealt with.

If you are connecting more than one pump to a module make sure your power supply is adequate to power both pumps.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by cypherljk View Post
    If you are connecting more than one pump to a module make sure your power supply is adequate to power both pumps.
    So for example the regular power supply for the pp-15 won't work to run two pumps right. So what should be bought to power two of them? Thanks.

Fish Street sells power supplies for just this purpose with the Jeboa, but there are also others. Link: http://www.fish-street.com/product_d...hp?item_id=597 If you search the forums there are also links to others.

New User
    i hawe problems using my jabeo from fish street..my two rw40 pumps runs fore about 6-7hours then they turn off..I howe programmed them too different power the hole day but still they are turning off..any tips why they do this?eks 10,00 20%...14.00 50% 18.00 60%.22.00 15%..24.00 10%...shouldent they start 10.00 at 20% again?ore is it something I have forgot too write inn the setup off the pump?

Regular Vistor
    The Jebao pumps won't run below 20% consistently. Set the lowest power setting at 20 or more and you should be fine. They stall out a lot of times below 20%.

New User
    Ok. So new to this. I have the new 2016 Apex. 2x questions for controlling Jebaos with apex as have the Jebao controller.

1. A standard ethernet cable will work to run from the Apex Unit to the Jebao controller.
    2. What power voltage should I use to power the RW-8's x2. Currently I run my pumps at about 30-40%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast