Thread: Issue with KH on APEX dashboard???

Frequent Visitor

Issue with KH on APEX dashboard???

This morning I was performing an alkalinity test and logging it in the log using the "KH" button.

when making the input from my Hanna test kit the reading was 180 which says that's 20 DKH-Hanna's conversion is .056 which would make it 10.08
    also to note if you place any number in the logging screen for alkalinity it will give 20dkh as the end result.

I have enclosed a picture for claritydkh.jpg

I have used Chrome and firefox with the same results

New User
    If you're using the HI755 (ppm) Hanna colorimeters, when logging your result change the unit to ppm. This should rectify your issue. Also refer to the recent release notes for Apex Fusion for further clarification.

Regular Vistor
    You need to change the unit for "value" field from dKH to ppm. Then you get 10.08dKH for 180ppm.

Frequent Visitor
    I think there is a flaw with the new update, maybe someone can test this.

So with the new update when you log a measurement it's suppose to remember and default to the last test kit used. I used the hanna checker as well using PPM. Every time I test it does default back to the hanna test kit but the units change back to DKH.

Anyone else notice this default feature not working?

Frequent Visitor
    Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Pola0502ds View Post
    I think there is a flaw with the new update, maybe someone can test this.

So with the new update when you log a measurement it's suppose to remember and default to the last test kit used. I used the hanna checker as well using PPM. Every time I test it does default back to the hanna test kit but the units change back to DKH.

Anyone else notice this default feature not working?
    Nothing changed in this recent update related to the test kit measurements. This is from the Fusion release notes dated January 25, 2017: When using a Hanna checker for Alkalinity measurement, both the HI772 (dKH) and the HI755 (ppm) colorimeters are now supported, with the HI772 used as the default.

The user-defined defaults for test kits remember the kit last used for a test type, but that does not include the units (i.e. dKH or ppm) if more that one unit can be chosen for a given test kit. There's more than one Hanna alkalinity tester model; the newer model, the HI772, reads out in dKH, and that is the default unit in APEX Fusion for Hanna alk tests. If you have the older HI755, you will need to select ppm each time you record a test result.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Nothing changed in this recent update related to the test kit measurements. This is from the Fusion release notes dated January 25, 2017: When using a Hanna checker for Alkalinity measurement, both the HI772 (dKH) and the HI755 (ppm) colorimeters are now supported, with the HI772 used as the default.

The user-defined defaults for test kits remember the kit last used for a test type, but that does not include the units (i.e. dKH or ppm) if more that one unit can be chosen for a given test kit. There's more than one Hanna alkalinity tester model; the newer model, the HI772, reads out in dKH, and that is the default unit in APEX Fusion for Hanna alk tests. If you have the older HI755, you will need to select ppm each time you record a test result.
    As a future feature request it would be nice to either choose the default Hanna Checker (dKH vs ppm), or have Fusion default to the last setting used. Possibly even offer them as separate options from the Alkalinity drop down box. Bit of a pain to have to change the value every time just because I have an older HI755.

M