Thread: TUNZE Turbelle NanoStream Cable Routing

Regular Vistor

TUNZE Turbelle NanoStream Cable Routing

I have a quick tip about the TUNZE Turbelle NanoStream powerheads. Although this is mentioned in the book I thought I'd post it here incase anyone else runs into the problem.

I purchased a pair of these for use in my BioCube 32. When I went to install the powerheads I noticed that the cord between the powerhead itself and the control box seemed to be inseparable. This makes routing the cable thru any small holes impossible. The BioCube has a lid on it and the only way to route cables in and out of the tank is thru two small rectangular ports on either side on the back. Neither the control box nor the powerhead were gonna fit so I decided to disassemble the control box to see what my option were. Fortunately when I opened up the control box I discovered that the cord is not soldered in, but instead it just clips in and can be easily unclipped and removed so that the cord can be routed wherever you need it. There are two little screws on the back on the control box. Once removed the box can easily be pried apart. Be careful not to lose the screws or the three knobs on the front that will come off upon opening the box.

- Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images

Control Freak In Training
    Nice, thanks for sharing!

Frequent Visitor
    I think it's a design flaw not being able to easily remove the head. When I clean the heads, not as often as I should, it is a real pain to uncable them when the head is attached to one end and the control box is attached to the other.

I am eagerly waiting for them to die so I can get another brand without the problem.

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you for taking the time to post this..