Thread: PMUP siphon?

Regular Vistor

PMUP siphon?

I am just dialing in my setups on a new tank. I have a PMUP that I put into a 55 gallon freshwater storage tank in my water room. I have it controlled via float switches, breakout box, and a 1link module. So I primed the pump, and then set it to automatic. I just happened to be sitting and watching the sump as the water level continued to rise after I had turned the PMUP back off. It had started a siphon and was attempting to empty the contents of my 55 gallon storage drum into my sump. Obviously this is not how I had intended for this to function. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Any impeller-driven pump will allow a siphon to form.

Place the end of the output tube higher than the highest water level in the storage tank.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I had a similar issue with my ATO in it's current configuration. I used a 3/8" ID clear tubing and fed the 1/4" RO line inside it but ended the RO line before the RO line dipped below my RODI containers water level. Hopefully that makes sense?

Like Russ said... you have to setup a siphon break. Also check your returns and any other lines that deliver water

Regular Vistor
    You can also use a N/C Solenoid valve to control the siphon, no more pump needed unless siphon is loss. This can be used in conjunction with the new FMK module and start the pump only when there is no flow (ie Siphon), based on the condition that the Solenoid is On, etc etc...