Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EB832 for UK market?

Regular Vistor

EB832 for UK market?

I was a bit surprised to find that the new controller is being supplied in the UK with the old EB6. It's bad enough that we get two less sockets, but new buyers would also not have the 1-Link connections that US buyers have.

It's a shame the new controller doesn't come with at least one 1-Link connection - the 1-Link module costs between £175 and £200 ($218 to $250, compared to the $150 or so you pay for it), so having those links on the controller would have made it a decent upgrade.

Anyway, when are the new energy bars coming to the UK and are we going to again be stuck with 6 sockets instead of the 8 that you get in the US?

Frequent Visitor
    I guess this a question for Terence ...

I'm in the same situation. Tagging along.

Frequent Visitor
    Same problem in Australia $1500au that's hard to justify or $1150 for classic

Frequent Visitor
    I think this is a question that needs answering. There needs to be an official statement on this. Right now to progress my Apex classic I need to purchase a 1 link module to get all the new bits (Assuming they come to the UK too). I think Apex customers have shown real dedication in recent years regarding the prolonged production issues.

I could forgive Apex for only giving 6 outlets on a single Energy bar but it would have to have power monitoring at least.

New User
    It would have been more decent if Neptune provided a 1link module with the apex 2016 having the EB6.

Would be nice to have a statement from Terrence. Really feel like they don't care about Europe or Australian market

New User
    Are you planning of having releases of EB832 or similar for Europe?

Frequent Visitor
    I’ve had no response to my thread on it either.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...728#post129728

New User
    We just want to know if a new ENERGY BAR for EUROPE is being developed or NOT. Before making such a large investment, we want to know if European products will continue to develop or if on the contrary they will leave the European market.

New User
    I do not care if a new Energy Bar is going to take 3 months or 8 months to develop. The most important thing to know is if Apex is working on improving the European version of its products or not. I am very interested in the APEX system, but I want to know if my investment has a future.

I have heard there is one in development but nothing beyond that. Could be months out or years out for all we know.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Would be nice to have a clear statement from Neptune about this question.
    European users are awaiting since ages now for an answer

New User
    Absolutely. We do not want to know dates, we just want to know if the European Energy Bar will be improved or if the development will be abandoned. It is also very important to know if Trident reagents are going to be available in Europe. I really want to buy Apex, but I want to know if it has a future.
    Quote Originally Posted by kodo28 View Post
    Would be nice to have a clear statement from Neptune about this question.
    European users are awaiting since ages now for an answer

Frequent Visitor
    Hi,

One criticism I have with Neptune Systems ( and I'm really scraping the barrel here) Is the availability of their new products in the UK. I would absolutely love to get the new Apex system but I cant spend that money on a system that ships with an old energy bar.
    I know in the UK we have much higher voltage but a clear statement on us UK folk just helps us understand where our place is in this product range.
    I've been fed up with the Vectra since I bought it and the COR is yet to be released in the US so I feel I'm stuck with that for an another year.

I really want the EB832 to come to the UK.

Frequent Visitor
    3 weeks and no comment. This is exactly the issue.

Please issue a statement Neptune.

Frequent Visitor
    Hi Terence & the folks at Neptune,

Could you please let us know if you are planning on developing and releasing a UK version of the EB832 with power monitoring and built in 1LINK in 2018?

We are not asking for you to commit to a release date, but an comment confirming or otherwise if it's your intent to release one will really help your UK and European customers make buying decisions.

Many thanks & Merry Christmas

Rob

Unfortunately, I think you have to assume that no answer means a 'No' answer, otherwise they would be marketing it. Neptune is not shy about announcing upcoming products.

Frequent Visitor
    If its no answer then just say no.They are in a tricky position now as they're releasing new products at very high price points. There will be a lot of Neptune users in the UK who are just owners of the Apex & several modules from 3 years+ ago plus a few accessories.
    To go next level with things like; Wav, DDR, Trident, PMK, COR etc we are now in the position that it's going to be a hell of an investment to move to these solutions on old tech. There will be a number of people like myself who have about 4 probes (£300+) worth that is due replacement and getting the new Apex covers that but we don't want another of the same EB6.

Frequent Visitor
    Giving this one a new year bump in case Terrence or someone from Apex can provide a comment/update please?

New User
    I would like to know this also please. Am about to take the plunge and spend around £2000 on Apex products. Been holding off for a few months in hope of some news but this thread doesn't give me much hope

Just spoken to somebody in complete aquatics here in the UK. He is saying a new bar is being released into the UK any time now ??!!??

Apex Energy Bar -Apex's energy bar is developed from 16 gauge, powder-coated aluminium to provide the best protection against catastrophic failure. With the Apex energy bars soft-start feature this slowly ramps up the power so that every motor is safely brought up to speed without the damaging torque. Each energy bar has four additional connectors to allow you to connect to other modules – perfect for those hobbyists that want to use one Apex to control multiple aquariums. One feature which outweighs the rest is the power failure detection and communication protection to ensure a failsafe setting is in place if the worst happens such as a power cut, this will automatically fall back to the failsafe setting once the power returns. Using UPS you can have essential equipment such as low wattage power heads kick in and switch to the failsafe state once a power outage is detected helping towards keeping your aquarium healthy in the worst case scenario.Note: The new 2016 energy bar will only be available to purchase in late 2017 - keep checking our website for more updates.

Regular Vistor
    I don't think that Neptune are particularly bothered about the UK market based on the way that they release the new controller without the new energy bar and without 1-Link capability and the incredibly slow release of new products to the UK compared to the US.

It's making me look to GHL.

Frequent Visitor
    Sadly it appears giving feature parity to countries outside the US is not a Neptune priority. So, no EB832 version for international markets (ie outside the US) for the next two years and no commitment if that they will make one at all.

Read the thread here: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...pec-2016-Model

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by tastyfish View Post
    Sadly it appears giving feature parity to countries outside the US is not a Neptune priority. So, no EB832 version for international markets (ie outside the US) for the next two years and no commitment if that they will make one at all.

Read the thread here: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...pec-2016-Model
    Having a rethink now as I was going to get the system to get my hands on Trident. Now not sure if its worth it as the wait cold be a long one

Andy

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Having a rethink now as I was going to get the system to get my hands on Trident. Now not sure if its worth it as the wait cold be a long one

Andy
    If I was looking to get a new controller I would be looking at GHL.

Frequent Visitor
    I have just ordered the Apex so if they release a new powerbar in the UK and do not compensate those that have purchased it with the old powerbar.....I will not be happy..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    I would like to know this also please. Am about to take the plunge and spend around £2000 on Apex products. Been holding off for a few months in hope of some news but this thread doesn't give me much hope

Just spoken to somebody in complete aquatics here in the UK. He is saying a new bar is being released into the UK any time now ??!!??

Apex Energy Bar -Apex's energy bar is developed from 16 gauge, powder-coated aluminium to provide the best protection against catastrophic failure. With the Apex energy bars soft-start feature this slowly ramps up the power so that every motor is safely brought up to speed without the damaging torque. Each energy bar has four additional connectors to allow you to connect to other modules – perfect for those hobbyists that want to use one Apex to control multiple aquariums. One feature which outweighs the rest is the power failure detection and communication protection to ensure a failsafe setting is in place if the worst happens such as a power cut, this will automatically fall back to the failsafe setting once the power returns. Using UPS you can have essential equipment such as low wattage power heads kick in and switch to the failsafe state once a power outage is detected helping towards keeping your aquarium healthy in the worst case scenario.Note: The new 2016 energy bar will only be available to purchase in late 2017 - keep checking our website for more updates.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownfishy View Post
    I have just ordered the Apex so if they release a new powerbar in the UK and do not compensate those that have purchased it with the old powerbar.....I will not be happy..
    I'd put money on you being unhappy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast