Thread: Outlet Time Counter / Light Bulb Life

New User

Outlet Time Counter / Light Bulb Life

I'm wondering if there is a way or feature that will count and store the number of hours an outlet has been on, and reset manually when wanted. This way, I can start the hour counter on my metal halide outlet, and after a month or year, I know how many hours it has been on. In relation to that, I can set a limit to alert me when a bulb has reach X many hours so I can change the bulb.

Frequent Visitor
    I have requested this many times..... would you be willing to pay $9.99 for this feature?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Bump

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by bpiermat View Post
    I have requested this many times..... would you be willing to pay $9.99 for this feature?

Why 9.99? Isn't it just a software adjustment? For as much as we pay for these tank monitors, they should just change it and add features that are useful and that users/purchasers will want.

Frequent Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by pdisner View Post
    Why 9.99? Isn't it just a software adjustment? For as much as we pay for these tank monitors, they should just change it and add features that are useful and that users/purchasers will want.

It appears that a software adjustment such as this would undermine Neptune ability to sell you stuff. Therefore they won't do it unless they get paid.

For example., I wanted the counter to be used to estimate when the top off tank is empty. But they want to sell you a sensor

Has nothing to do with getting extra money. The reason this feature isn't in there is because accumulators (the piece inside the brains that allow it to count things) takes up a large amount of memory to keep track of things since it you want that feature for one outlet they would need the firmware to add them for all outlets. I don't think the apex has enough memory to add something like that to it (considering I get 3 months at a 1 min logging interval and accumulators would cut that by 16 or 32 times).

For something like a bulb that always runs the same amount of time, why don't you just calculate it and add a recurring reminder in fusion and/or your phone calender.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor

Well I am sure that it true, but why can't fusion post process the data (add/count) and create some more useful plots? For the light bulb scenario this would only work if fusion could have a longer memory, so maybe not a good example. How about converting amps to watts?

Converting amps to watts is only possible on the 2016 apex. Since the classic apex does not also have a voltage meter it cannot differentiate between real power (watts) and reactive power (vars from pumps, motors) so it would be inaccurate and wrong. The 2016 apex has these features built in so you can track watts per outlet or for the entire energy bar.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.