Thread: Radion Missing

New User

Radion Missing

Using the 2016 model apex, wxm module. I've updated all firmware and RF firmware. My radions are plugged into my EB32 in outlets 1 & 2, my outlets labeled radion are further down the outlet list and have "MISSING" next to the gear icon on apex fusion.

If Radions (or Vortechs) have no power, they will be reported by the WXM as "Missing". Radions and Vortechs are generally best kept powered on all the time. How do you have the EnergyBar outlets used for the Radions programmed? Are they OFF right now?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    @russM

The radion power supplies are plugged into outlets 1 and 2 on the EB. They are configured as LIGHT and come on at scheduled time and off at scheduled time.

The outlets named "Radion_3_17" and "Radion_3_18" are labeled MISSING.

Regular Vistor
    Put your outlets 1 and 2 to on then give it a minute to see if they still show missing.

Radion Missing

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimmReefer View Post
    @russM

The radion power supplies are plugged into outlets 1 and 2 on the EB. They are configured as LIGHT and come on at scheduled time and off at scheduled time.
    This is the problem.

While power is off to the Radions, they can't communicate wirelessly with the WXM, and the WXM reports them as Missing. The solution is to leave the Radions on all the time. Change the two applicable EB outlets to be Always ON.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks @RussM. I appreciate your help.

I've switched EB outlets 1 and 2 to be always ON. The Radion_3_17 and Radion_3_18 are still MISSING.

Do I need to go through and reset/reattach radions now?

- - - Updated - - -

It can take a few minutes for the Radions to reconnect after power up.

New User
    Been about 1.5 hours since i changed outlet 1 and 2 configuration to always ON. Still MISSING

New User
    Still nothing. Tried a reset and an attach. Still showing as missing. @RussM, someone mentioned not plugging the radions into the EB, instead into a normal outlet or surge protector. Should I do this?

Radion Missing

Moving the Radion power supplies to a regular power strip is definitely a viable option - one that would accomplish what I already suggested - keeping the Radions powered on all the time. Whether you do that or just keep the EB8 outlets ON is entirely up to you.

The one advantage of moving the Radions off the EB is that you can then use those EB outlets for something else.

I have limited experience with Radions. But try this:

Disconnect the WXM from the rest of the Apex system for a few seconds then reconnect it. Remove power from the Radions for a minute, then reconnect that. Wait several minutes then check.

New User
    Thanks, @RussM. Will try this today around lunch. Hoping it does the trick.

Regular Vistor
    GrimReefer . I am experiencing the same ATM with my Radion Xr30 and xr15 . Have you found out what the problem was ? Mine was perfectly fine until I added a new radion and now it interfered with everything . I also can't slide the outlet over and get into programming settings . I can slide the outlet but it will timeout trying to open the programming . Anyone have any experience with this problem , radions missing and Not being able to program on the point chart ?

Regular Vistor
    I had all kinds of issues I would recommend 1st using the Ecotech Live Connect manager directly connected from your computer to each of the Radion USB ports and doing a full reset and Firmware update on all. Then unplug the WXM from the controller and if possible do a full controller restart. If you are using fusion make sure to remove any orphaned Radion Outlets there as well. Plug the WXM back in and do a firmware update on the module using the local Aquacontroller interface not APEX Fusion. There should be no outlets listed for the WXM module under the Apex Module List. Plug in all of the Radions and again using the local UI select the modules Attach Radion button. You should see the Radion Outlets with the firmware version and OK. Do all of your labeling and intial setup in the local UI beofre you move to APEX fusion where you can download and apply all the Radion Programming that is available by the generous folks RussM included.
    I will ask one question does anyone know if it is possible to program an alarm when any outlets report as Missing?

No it is not possible , we had already requested that a long time ago .
    Alain

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain B View Post
    No it is not possible , we had already requested that a long time ago .
    Thanks that's too bad my tank went half a day missing 2/3 vortechs and 1/2 radions a simple reset of EB8 outlets would have fixed had I known or programmed for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk