Thread: Is my ASM fubar?

New User

Is my ASM fubar?

I think the answer to my issue may be simply: the ASM is fubar… but I will post this to see if anyone has a suggestion.

All of my Neptune gear is current generation, my Apex is running 5.01_2C17 and all modules are updated to the most current firmware. I recently added a PAR Monitoring kit (PMK) and for the first several hours it was working and ApexFusion showed there was a PAR reading value.

For some unknown reason, the PAR reading went down to value of “0” and stayed that way for days. So I have been trying to get things working again:

• I rebooted the APEX many times.
    • I tried unplugging/replugging the AquaBus Cable back in many times.
    • I tried unplugging/replugging the PAR sensor back in many times.
    • I disabled/enabled the PAR.
    • I tried a different AquaBus Cable.
    • I deleted the ASM module and then re-connected it using the published instructions from Neptune Systems.

During all of this time, I never got a reading other than “0” from the PAR.

The Status on the ASM was always solid green BUT ApexFusion (under the Modules page) showed error under the Status Column (see attached screenshot).

I decided to (once again) delete the ASM module and then re-connected it again but this time, the ASM status light never went solid green, it just flashed yellow. I disconnected/reconnected several times, but it just blinked yellow.

So I went to another module that had an unused AquaBus connection, plugged in the ASM and it immediately went solid green but ApexFusion (under the Modules page) showed the same error under Status Column within ApexFusion.

I removed the ASM, and reconnected it back to the original AquaBus connector; it went solid green but ApexFusion (under the Modules page) showed the same error under Status Column within ApexFusion.

I opened a ticket with Neptune yesterday, they looked at it via ApexFusion. Everything they asked me to try, I had already tried and they could not tell me why there was an error under Status within ApexFusion.

Today, I AGAIN deleted the ASM module and then re-connected it. But it would not go solid green and only flashed yellow. I tried that other open AquaBus connector again but this time it did not go solid green; it also just flashed yellow.

So where I am now is that I cannot get a green light on the ASM regardless of how many time I connect it or where I connect it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is my ASM fubar?

You should be using the Apex Local interface for this, not Fusion. Module status updates are not provided by the Apex to Fusion as often or as quickly as, for example, probe readings and outlet states.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Hi Russ.

I was wondering that also, so I also checked Apex Local and it was giving me the same results as Fusion

New User
    Just a quick note to say this has been resolved... Support connected in remotely, ran several tests and determined the ASM was bad. They had me mail it back to them under warranty. I thought they said they were sending me a brand new one since this one was so new and it never worked; however they "repaired" the one I sent them and sent it back to me. So far it seems to be working.