Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Know your flow! The FMK is officially out!

Frequent Contributor

Know your flow! The FMK is officially out!

New User
    Terrance, I spotted something in your video, I wonder what this could be in the red rectangle
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 7.11.11 pm.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    I want both of them :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanyman View Post
    Terrance, I spotted something in your video, I wonder what this could be in the red rectangle
    Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 7.11.11 pm.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    Fantastic release! I'm excited to get the FMM setup on my system, just need to wait for it to be available in Canada.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxpert View Post
    Fantastic release! I'm excited to get the FMM setup on my system, just need to wait for it to be available in Canada.
    Ray at Reef Supplies (in Montreal) told me it would be available next week.
    http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/home.php

Frequent Visitor
    Fantastic news that Reefsuplies will have it so quickly! Their shipping and service is fantastic. I just placed an order on Tuesday and it arrived Wednesday! (Montreal to Ottawa)

I'll be placing an order soon!

Prices.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Prices.
    http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/new-pr...onitoring.html

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Just placed my preorder for module, 3x 2" sensors, and a leak sensor at BRS. Excited to see all this useful new hardware, and I'm sure I will be incorporating the solenoid and optical sensors in the future as well. Also super thankful that Neptune made the flow sensors in a large size for those of us with big plumbing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Apex User
    @Terence, are the optical sensors to use as an ATO available yet? Or are not released yet? Or are we supposed to provide our own? Thanks!

They are available for preorder, check the link in the post above.

Apex User
    Aww. Just saw the optical sensor. Do I need the DC power supply to run the sensors? Or is that just for the pmup and solenoid?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Any idea on U.K. Release date ?

Terence, can you elaborate on the programming options around the flow sensors?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuse View Post
    Aww. Just saw the optical sensor. Do I need the DC power supply to run the sensors? Or is that just for the pmup and solenoid?
    Just the accessories attached to the +24VDC port.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
    Terence, can you elaborate on the programming options around the flow sensors?
    Been using one a few weeks in the NSI program. They are like any of your other sensors (ph, temp, etc) in programming. The value is either gph or lph. You can set your programs around the values you see from the flow.

For example, I have one on my emergency overflow. Programming on my email alarm is set to send me an alert if there is any flow detected by that sensor. You could also alert on things like your return or reactors if the flow is below a specific threshold.

Regular Vistor
    Pre-ordered from BRS tonight, but have questions on optical sensors and ATO feature. Didn't see a video on this. If I utilize the included 1" and two 1/2" sensors, then how many opticals can I add thereafter? And besides the PMUP what else would be required for the ATO? Lastly, if I want to utilize up to 5 or 6 opticals does that mean I need an additional module?

Frequent Visitor
    You can add one optical sensor. There are four ports on each FMM module, so three sensors and one optical. If you plan on running the PMUP from the FMM, you will need the associated FMM power supply. If you want to run the PMUP from a spare outlet, you can get the PMUPT

There are four ports per FMM module, so for 5-6 opticals, you would need a second FMM.

Frequent Contributor
    - FMM has four ports
    - Each of them can be used for: Flow Sensor, Optical Sensor, Leak Detection Probe, Future TBD device
    - The ports do not require a power supply for use
    - There is one DC24 accessory port for use with: PMUP, Solenoid Valve, Future TBD device, Your own DIY 24V low-power device
    - If you want to use the DC24 accessory port, you will need the 24V Power Supply we sell
    - The Optical Level Sensors will show themselves in the interface as switch input - which can be configured in any way you desire
    - If you are planning to use the optical sensors at this time, please be aware that there will be a "kit" at some point in the near future
    - Optical Level Sensors are best used at this time for DIY applications such as sump level alarms, ATO reservoir water empty alarm, Saltwater mixing tank levels, etc.
    - You can run multiple FMM on your system.

Related to the new flow sensor....
    I think these are mechanical/rotary type, so.... Which is the procedure for the cleaning/maintenace?

I hope we don't unfitting/unscrew each time the sensors from our pipe system.

With the organic slurry normally present in our reef systems, which cleaning interval you presume is necessary? Some of early beta-user has any idea?

Frequent Contributor

Know your flow! The FMK is officially out!

They will need serviced at some point - in a similar manner as your return pump. Every persons configuration will be different. But by using the unions, removal for maintenance should be fairly easy.

Also, if you have a slurry going through your pipe, you probably have other issues to deal with first.

BTW, not just a flow sensor is susceptible to fouling. Even the other pipes and fittings themselves will foul over time. The FMK can actually help you know that is happening.

Frequent Visitor
    Terrence, Can the Flow measurement of one or more of the sensors be added to the FLO reading with WAV pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by anit77 View Post
    Terrence, Can the Flow measurement of one or more of the sensors be added to the FLO reading with WAV pumps?
    No, at least not currently.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for the quick reply Russ. I think that might be a good addition to the next Fusion update.

Quote Originally Posted by anit77 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply Russ. I think that might be a good addition to the next Fusion update.
    At first thought, it does seem like a good addition. But for a return pump, which might contribute with 2-6 turnovers per hour, it would hardly contribute at all to the logarithmic FLO reading. Now, if the flow sensor was used on a high flow closed loop, it might be sufficient contribution to make a meaningful difference.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast