Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Know your flow! The FMK is officially out!

The flow sensor are rated for a certain flow. If really the flow in the pipe is over the maximum rated value, we give an error or a flow measurament?

For example, i have a L1 vectra at 80%, on a 1" pipe: i think my flow is over the rated value of the 1" flow sensor.
    So, I will get a error or still a measure from the FMK?

Frequent Contributor
    I will look into that and report back unless one of my colleagues bears me to it.

However, please realize that the L1 really should not be plumbed to 1" (you should use the fitting adapter and plumb to 1.25" or 1.5"). Using 1" (and with all the fittings and connections in the pipe) will probably put the flow in the range of that sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    can the flow sensors be submerged?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by lleo View Post
    can the flow sensors be submerged?
    Negative.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonlovisolo View Post
    Negative.
    OK, so if not submerged how about in a wet splash zone?
    My return comes up through my overflow box. There's a nice long stretch in there that would be prefect for the L1 but it's obviously very humid and subject to get dripping wet, although never submerged.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoMat View Post
    The flow sensor are rated for a certain flow. If really the flow in the pipe is over the maximum rated value, we give an error or a flow measurament?

For example, i have a L1 vectra at 80%, on a 1" pipe: i think my flow is over the rated value of the 1" flow sensor.
    So, I will get a error or still a measure from the FMK?
    I also have an L1 and as Terence said, you will be better using the 1.5" adapter. My return line on my L1 is plumbed with 1.5" sch40 pvc. I am using a 2" sensor to do my readings. Running my L1 at 60%, pushing water 5' vertically and 20' horizontally I have readings of approximatly 960GPH. You will never be hurt by going to a bigger pipe and will more than likely use less energy due to less head pressure.
    Flow.jpg

Of course…

Really I have a L1 (running at 90%, I have 2 drain of 50 mm from DT to sump) plumbed with a manifold, then I have 2 return line to the DT. On the same manifold I've the lines for chiller and 2 auxiliary line for future use. Actually, the reactors have a separate pumps each.

I'm thinking about measure the flow between the pump and the manifold, but is better to measure separately the two return lines, so i need 2 sensor of 1".

My initial question wasn't if the L1 is better fitted with 1" or 1"1/2 pipe, but was specifically technical on the sensors: the flow sensors have a precise range (depending the size of course) and what happens when the flow is over the upper limit? A more "imprecise" reading but a reading, or a error and no-value?

Frequent Visitor
    Can you please tell me what the uses the 1/4" flow sensor is? I thought it would be good for my calcium reactor but my understanding is that it must be at least 3gph for the sensor to work (even though you advertise that it's good for Calcium Reactor feed lines?) . So I'm not really sure what use the 1/4" has besides perhaps on a R/O not really sure if that would even be 3gph either?

Frequent Visitor
    Does anyone know where I can get the FMK at? Marine Depot, Bulk Reef Supply, and aquacave all have them on backorder. Does anyone know of any other places?

Frequent Visitor

Know your flow! The FMK is officially out!

Check that, back ordered.

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah was just about to say that too lol

Know anywhere else?

Regular Vistor
    I ordered from BRS on 2/26/17. Still waiting. But got this email today from BRS after my 2nd inquiry. So, looks like 4/17/17 before BRS gets it. Pre-orders need to be handled better on both ends going forward. This is frustrating. There better be no guinea pig problems with this thing or I'm going to have a bad taste on being an early adopter with Apex. My brother already has a "wait & see" policy for all things of 6-12 months. Many conversations about being the first to try out pricey items.

"Hey Elisabeth,Thank you for reaching out to us and we 100% agree, andapologize fore any inconvenience this has caused. We had the team come togetherto discuss future Pre-orders as there is always an issue with getting theproducts on time, acquiring accurate dates from the manufacturer and makingsure we are holding the manufacturers accountable for any changes in dates.Because of the frustration and knowing that it looks bad for us we came up witha plan to offer a free optical sensor to all customers who have pre-ordered andhave emailed all customers that have preordered the following message below.Again I am very sorry and we 100% agree with you and need to do better in thefuture when it comes to Pre-orders. Please let me know if you have any otherquestions! Hope you have a great rest of your day!
    Hey There,
    BRS wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continuedpatience regarding the pre-ordered Neptune Systems - FMK Flow Monitoring Kits,and provide you with an up to date status. Due to the extreme popularity of theFMK, Neptune has experienced an unforeseen delay in production. As a resultthey are estimating our shipment will hit our warehouse the week of April17th*. Once we receive it, we will get your order shipped out to you ASAP! Thegood news is that orders will be fulfilled in the order they were placed, soyou are still on track to be some of the first reefers in the country to getyour hands on it!
    *This is a rough estimate, and may vary slightly."

Frequent Contributor
    We do not like this any more than you do. We knew this product would be popular, but the demand far exceeded our expectations!

Thank you for your patience.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    We do not like this any more than you do. We knew this product would be popular, but the demand far exceeded our expectations!

just hope the quality stays just because the demand is high right now. im patient

Regular Vistor
    I think its great the demand was high. Even I did not expect myself to purchase the FMK, but I am so deep into the whole Apex product model now that it became a "why not?" I am rebuilding my tank and thus the plumbing is sitting there only dry fitted. So when I purchased it was with the expectation that I'd have the product in 2 weeks and that seemed like a reasonable wait rather than taking it apart again.

I think a true pre-order for a retailer should capture demand quantities and publish a release date. Those pre-order quantities are fixed. The retailer, should then be able to look at their expected demand vs those early preorders and come up with a solid demand expectation and order accordingly. From a consumer standpoint, if I place a pre-order then it would be nice to have the item in my hand within 72 hours of that date. I think the release date is the key. The gaming industry has somewhat perfected this delivery system. If I am ordering outside of a pre-order status, then most online retailers will present an "out-of-stock" condition in which case I know to either look elsewhere or that it will ship when they get it back in stock. And then my buying decision is based on my willingness to wait, or not.

BRS is a great company and I will wait for my FMK vs canceling. Just going forward, I'd like to have a national release date if there is going to be a pre-order condition. Especially for an item like this that requires plumbing alterations. Not as simple as a module and a few cables. I do appreciate the free optical sensor. Of course I now realize that I probably need another FMM, which raises the question of buying that now or waiting for the ATK.

BRS and Neptune should expect the demand for that to be equally high.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post

New User
    Mine finally came from BRS this week. But when I called about the status a couple of weeks ago, they didn't mention a free sensor and I didn't get an email . But I can't wait to set it up today .

Scott

Frequent Contributor
    I just wanted to hop back on this thread and let everyone that has been waiting know that the demand on this product caught us by surprise. We knew it would be popular and even planned our first production quantities with (what we thought) was a healthy cushion. On top of this we had had a supply difficulty with one of our parts vendors as well so the entire thing was turned upside down in terms of predicted dates, etc.

We are so sorry for any inconvenience.

But, the good news is that shipments should be leaving our factory here in Morgan Hill next week so back orders should start going out to you guys and sites and stores should start seeing them back in stock.

Regular Vistor
    that's great now maybe i can get one before june

Regular Vistor
    I'm guessing the demand for the ATK will be just as high, if not more

Regular Vistor
    BRS got more in today not sure how many but i just ordered mine and confirmed it

Frequent Visitor
    Nice...I gave up. Ridiculous wait as usual.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Well that kinda pisses me off because my Feb 26 order still hasn't shipped. Get those orders out first before you take on more.

Quote Originally Posted by inks View Post
    BRS got more in today not sure how many but i just ordered mine and confirmed it

Frequent Contributor
    We are resuming shipments to all stores and online shops this week. Please realize that not all will all will have backordered items at the same time.

Again, we apologize but we were overwhelmed with demand for this product far past our projections.

Frequent Visitor
    Is it a daft question to ask about UK shipments what with you having supply and demand issues?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewdoggie View Post
    Well that kinda pisses me off because my Feb 26 order still hasn't shipped. Get those orders out first before you take on more.
    Marine Depot pulled the same thing with me a few weeks ago. I had a FMM on backorder since early March. A few weeks ago they got them back in stock and offered them for sale on their site but never filled my backorder despite the fact that I had already paid for it. Still waiting... Poor business practices by on the part of the retailer and not really and issue with Neptune.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast